Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2011, 23:18   #3751
BHPian

Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
I own a BNW punto for the last 2 yrs and have not faced any paint related issues.
same here. I have owned BNW GP for the last two years and no issues whatsoever. Hence was curious to know what the so called issues with BNW were.
Old 25th September 2011, 23:44   #3752
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkin evoisrevo View Post
Thanks for the concern, but we're very much aware of these.
But as I said before, the senior member who is buying too, is pretty sure about more discounts coming our way.
Can you share what's the quote the 'senior member' got from Prerana as it would help us negotiate better.

Also, how much of discounts are you guys expecting ? Anything around 20-30k and i'll hold on to my cheque book a little longer

Will help me make my decision as i'm in a hurry to buy the car.

Thanks

Last edited by shashank.nk : 26th September 2011 at 00:00.
Old 26th September 2011, 11:01   #3753
BHPian

Friends, I am trying the change the booking of my 1,3 EP to 90HP model but sales guy was saying FE in this is bad, not as good as the 1.3 EP. Is this true?
I have posted in "Actual Fues Efficiency" thread also and if this counts as double post, mods please delete, sorry.
Old 26th September 2011, 11:04   #3754
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Hey, thanks for a lovely comparo ! Looks totally UN-biased. I tend to agree with couple of points though I have only heard about Punto's driving dynamics.

Couple of more points I would like to know.

1. How is the front seat / driving dynamics in both cars compared?
2. How is the back seat space in both?
3. Does the 90 HP have better plastics / interior quality than a 75 bhp Punto?
Please find my answers -

1. How is the front seat / driving dynamics in both cars compared?

Driver's seat comfort and finding a good driving position are very subjective things. I'm 6'3'' and muscular built, so below is what I felt.

- Swift's driver's seat was far more comfortable than Punto's. Swift's seat was able to accomodate my shoulder and gave adequate support to my upper back, Punto's was a bit narrow in comparison.

- Punto's driving position was better than Swift's. I sit with seat fully pushed back and seat reclined at almost 105 degree(I've attached a pic of my driving position for your reference). In this position, I feel more like being in my own capsule with music surrounding all around. In Swift, I'll sit a bit more upright and the almost vertical windshield makes me feel that I'm more connected to the road than to my car. In Punto, the swooping windshield gives a nice sporty feel and makes you feel disconnected from the road.
Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-punt.jpg

2. How is the back seat space in both?

Both cars have bad rear seat leg space. Punto's is a bit better than Swift, but only a bit. Back seat ride and comfort - As I said already, Swift can break your back in a long journey.

Plastics, though weren't of great quality, were never a deal braker, it was the interior fit and finish that was sub-standard. Both 75 & 90HP Puntos come with proper fit and finish these days. It will be no more a deal breaker. Did it ever was, for a driving enthusiast?

Hope it helped. Thanks.

Last edited by CliffHanger : 26th September 2011 at 11:19.
CliffHanger is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2011, 11:11   #3755
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesrani View Post
Friends, I am trying the change the booking of my 1,3 EP to 90HP model but sales guy was saying FE in this is bad, not as good as the 1.3 EP. Is this true?
I have posted in "Actual Fues Efficiency" thread also and if this counts as double post, mods please delete, sorry.
No. This is not true. 90HP version should ideally give you more FE than the 75HP. Check out the ARAI figures for both these versions in the Fiat India website.

I would suggest that you should go ahead and change your booking to 90HP. It will be a scorcher on the highway.
Old 26th September 2011, 11:19   #3756
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
No. This is not true. 90HP version should ideally give you more FE than the 75HP. Check out the ARAI figures for both these versions in the Fiat India website.

I would suggest that you should go ahead and change your booking to 90HP. It will be a scorcher on the highway.
Thanks, I am going ahead and changing to 90HP
Old 26th September 2011, 11:29   #3757
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Disargree Raj, The steering has all the feel you can want and drive it around like a go kart. Weighs up nicely and remains rock steady till the 175 I could manage. Heck I could change lanes at 175 similarly as I could at 100 or 120. Ride quality yes is hard due to the hard suspension but handling is brilliant at any speeds.
Opinions across are quite different for individuals. Everyone agrees that Swift isn't in the league of GP/Fabia/Figo.

What is rock steady for you, might not be the same for others, especially the ones used to a HPS unit with not crashy suspension.

I have extensively driven the FGT Punto and the Linea and yes the Swift has spunk & is ready to climb the speedo numbers post 120kmph, but you start feeling the speed. MUL's A-Star has better steering feel than a Swift. Echoed the same sentiments here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2028157 The grip of the Swift is good & doesn't roll, but the steering isn't able to communicate as well & this robs me from being confident, but see thats me. You have comfortably changed lanes at 175kmph which I wouldn't do in a GP shod with 215 section rubber.

Disclaimer :- I neither own a GP or Swift and haven't driven the new Swift either

Last edited by Sheel : 26th September 2011 at 11:30.
Old 26th September 2011, 11:35   #3758
BHPian

Quote:
This can not be true. If driven under similar conditions by same person 90hp should be equally fuel efficient if not more.

Just checked ARAI FE data:
1.3 EP :19.90
1.3 90hp : 20.00
Old 26th September 2011, 11:37   #3759
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Don't worry about the FE. Here's what I could achieve in my 90HP Punto.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2354186
Old 26th September 2011, 11:42   #3760
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
Don't worry about the FE. Here's what I could achieve in my 90HP Punto.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2354186
Thanks, I did see that, it's unbelievable!
No looking back now, the 90HP it is
Old 26th September 2011, 17:07   #3761
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Incase of the Punto it being a heavy car, the 1.3 - 90 bhp actually gives more FE than the 1.3 EP.

Go for the 90 bhp variant you will love it for the overall experience. One does not buy a new car every month/year right?
Old 26th September 2011, 17:29   #3762
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
The Plastic issue is being blown out of proportion. Don't go by the looks - they last really long. I have a 2009 1.3 MJD E - the plastics are still in good shape. Not a single piece fell off or is loose. It looks cheap, but isn't really.
Old 26th September 2011, 17:40   #3763
BHPian

Quote:
same here. I have owned BNW GP for the last two years and no issues whatsoever. Hence was curious to know what the so called issues with BNW were.
BNW and RED colors are solid with higher 30 micron thickness.they last longer than metallic ones and hold upto superficial scratches well.
Quote:
Does the 90 HP have better plastics / interior quality than a 75 bhp Punto?
Plastics have a dull finish and rough texture is prone to dust accumulation.regular cleaning + dashboard shiner will help to keep it looking good.however pre 2010 puntos have horrible plastic issue which two of my colleagues have.Bit of customization would spurce up the interiors.
Old 26th September 2011, 18:23   #3764
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM
Incase of the Punto it being a heavy car, the 1.3 - 90 bhp actually gives more FE than the 1.3 EP.

Go for the 90 bhp variant you will love it for the overall experience. One does not buy a new car every month/year right?
We have confirmed to dealer for changing booking to 90hp version. Now looking forward to getting the car. It has been selected solely due to advices from this forum.
Old 26th September 2011, 18:31   #3765
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, I did see that, it's unbelievable!
No looking back now, the 90HP it is
Here is what I got, 1st one when the car was moving, then took a break to take a good snap http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...arrived-7.html

FE numbers do magic on a Punto.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks