Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2011, 10:05   #3706
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Punto now starts from 3.87 lacs? I saw a hoading a while ago! I am sure its the basic "active" variant, but still!
Strange . must be part of some Diwali offer as their website still lists 1.2 active at 431558 ex showroom Delhi.
Old 22nd September 2011, 11:41   #3707
Senior - BHPian

Guys, from where do you prefer to fill fuel in your Punto?

I usually fill it from Indian Oil, this time I filled it from HP & found throttle response & refinement to be better.
Old 22nd September 2011, 12:09   #3708
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
1) I disagree here. you need to see the plastics in 2011 punto;s before commenting . calling it absurd is a over reaction IMO

2) depends on person to person . tall people will have problem in both . I am 5.7" and never found my knees touching dashboard so far. Even my dad is 6 " and he never touches his knees with dashboard.

3) I diagree here again . boot space is allmost equal on both . figo has just 4 ltrs more but punto scores here with rear folding seat, which are not an option in figo.

6 ) In fuel efficiency also, both are equal but on highways punto scores any day. I am getting a FE of 18 + in my highway jaunts. remember mine one still hasn 't gone for first service .it will improve further after a engine oil change at first service.

And you forget the pre - historic engine that ford has thrown at most fast growing market in the world .
Hi Sushil,
Looks like you are a fan of Fiat cars, JUST LIKE ME.
Although I have been using Punto for the past two years, And i do appreciate it in many areas, Plastics and interiors do get a thumbs down from me. Dashboard built is quite good, but there are serious concerns in other areas.

1. Plastics in the steering column (Key Insert)
2. Base of the seats (seat adjustment lever belonging to the nano)
3. Rear parcel tray hinges and support
4. Plastics on all doors

Will paste pics when possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesrani View Post
We have already given the booking amount. And yes, we have booked the Emotion Pack 1.3
Welcome to the Fiat Club. Dont forget the additional warranty, Its a peace of mind for 4 years.

Last edited by GTO : 25th September 2011 at 23:07. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another!
Old 22nd September 2011, 12:36   #3709
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_myth View Post
Hi Sushil,
Looks like you are a fan of Fiat cars, JUST LIKE ME.
Although I have been using Punto for the past two years, And i do appreciate it in many areas, Plastics and interiors do get a thumbs down from me. Dashboard built is quite good, but there are serious concerns in other areas.

1. Plastics in the steering column (Key Insert)
2. Base of the seats (seat adjustment lever belonging to the nano)
3. Rear parcel tray hinges and support
4. Plastics on all doors

Will paste pics when possible
it;s not about being a FIAT FAN . credit must be given where it;s due.

yes, i agree that plastics and thing you mentioned above were not upto mark in earlier punto . good thing is that They have improved now and i find them to be decent in mine one. i have 2011 one though . good thing is that nothing has falled off in mine one although dad really guns her on highway with out realizing that he is past 120 . has set the speed limit buzzer to 90 for him . point is the speed masking capabilities of the car.
Old 22nd September 2011, 13:27   #3710
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post

I usually fill it from Indian Oil, this time I filled it from HP & found throttle response & refinement to be better.
My observation is the exact opposite whenever i fill at HP i feel the refinement to very harsh and slow throttle response , so now i stick to bharat petroleum .
Have not tried shell till now.
I always fill normal diesel.
Old 22nd September 2011, 16:17   #3711
Senior - BHPian

Yes, even I have heard good reviews about Bharat. I will try them this time.
Old 22nd September 2011, 18:25   #3712
BHPian

I guess it also depends where one fills fuel? I always tank up with HP and found it to be generally good - efficiency, engine smootness etc. The other option I stick to is IOC. I have rarely used BP and would appreciate if other users also comment.
Old 22nd September 2011, 20:34   #3713
Senior - BHPian

There is a subtle difference in the fuel quality between HP, BP and IOC. It is bound to be there too. Which is better is a placebo!
Old 22nd September 2011, 23:00   #3714

Punto Fans - I was on the verge of booking a Punto 1.4 from Concorde motors Bangalore but I am having second thoughts. I am fine with the not so premium interiors but my real problem is the space inside the car. The rear seats are absolutely cramped when the driver seat is even midway. Also the front seats does not seem to have a lot of space compared to any other car in Punto's category (i20, fabia, etc). Do you guys have similar observation or did I misread ?
Old 23rd September 2011, 06:35   #3715
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
I have changed it under warranty before 5 months. On steer the wheel either side, we can hear a grinding noise. Is it right in your case?
YES! The grinding noise can be heard while steering to either sides.

Karthik, was elastic pads of your car changed under extended warranty? If yes, how many kms did the car have on odometer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya116 View Post
they are covered under warranty for first four years.
Aditya, they are in fact covered under extended warranty but only upto 35,000 kms. Even having known that fact, we insisted Marina Motors, Calicut to claim extended warranty. But FIAT India have declined the claim as our car has ~ 42.xx kms on the odo.

So, better change your elastic pads quickly, under the warranty.

Quote:
We've a Bharat Petroleum COCO outlet near our home. This being a COCO outlet, the fuel is less adulterated in comparison with other outlets. So, we always fill fuel from this pump. That said, we've filled fuel from this pump ~97% of the time. The remaining 3%, we fill from other BP outlets.

PS: We fill fuel from BP pumps only, so cannot comment on which outlet serves better fuel!

Last edited by Klub Class : 23rd September 2011 at 06:39.
Old 23rd September 2011, 09:36   #3716
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail2gaurav View Post
Punto Fans - I was on the verge of booking a Punto 1.4 from Concorde motors Bangalore but I am having second thoughts. I am fine with the not so premium interiors but my real problem is the space inside the car. The rear seats are absolutely cramped when the driver seat is even midway. Also the front seats does not seem to have a lot of space compared to any other car in Punto's category (i20, fabia, etc). Do you guys have similar observation or did I misread ?
If you are not happy with the space, don't buy it. Since you are going for the petrol and space is what you are looking for, have a look at the Jazz. I personally feel the i20 is an overrated car and don't think much about the Polo/Fabia petrol engine.

That said, i'm sure you've driven the 1.4 and although it doesn't feel very fast, it is immense fun to drive. You have to decide what is more important to you and make your choice !
Old 23rd September 2011, 10:00   #3717
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
YES! The grinding noise can be heard while steering to either sides.

Karthik, was elastic pads of your car changed under extended warranty? If yes, how many kms did the car have on odometer?
I had changed the Entire Front Shock absorber mounts with new ones as the whole part was rusted (Ball Bearings inside two metal hubs) and before some weeks plastic/Rubber covers were fixed above the mount which is exposed and prone to rusting.

Last edited by aks_karthik : 23rd September 2011 at 10:02.
Old 23rd September 2011, 19:36   #3718
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalcruiser View Post
I guess it also depends where one fills fuel? I always tank up with HP and found it to be generally good - efficiency, engine smootness etc. The other option I stick to is IOC. I have rarely used BP and would appreciate if other users also comment.
I shifted from HP to BP and NVH in my 90 HP has come down drastically. Additionally it has done 7500 kms and I got its CSC changed at the same time - now the car feels completely different than the one that came out of the showroom - it has become free revving in nature. Since the 2nd gear is somewhat short, I need to rev up so that the gear shift up keeps rpm inside the power band. Earlier I would shift up early because of the engine noise and at 3rd gear, I would be out of turbo. But now I can do 3000 and the shift up to 3rd is bang in the middle of power band. By the way, I find min rpm for a clean 2nd to 3rd is 2500.

I have not changed the engine oil at first service - NVH will get still better when oil gets changed at second service.
Old 23rd September 2011, 20:14   #3719
Senior - BHPian

Someone is clearly not happy -
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-297361_10150302881268317_740923316_8021709_771733717_n.jpg  

raj_5004 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2011, 23:43   #3720
BHPian

Quote:
Someone is clearly not happy -
Couldn't agree more. Its hell of a car for sure

Regarding the elastic pads, even I was told about 35k limit.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks