Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2010, 10:34   #2206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Thats quite a good information on the painting process. I have a query, does the heat treatment (i.e, baking in the oven) happen at every stage of the painting process?
According to the manual, BAKING happens during the last phase of CATAPHORESIS and immediatly after the application of BASE COAT. That is, the car is baked in 2 occasions
Old 17th June 2010, 14:49   #2207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
Exactly. The following is from the GP service manual.

Before being painted the bodyshell undergoes a pre-treatment process known as bonderization during which an initial degreasing stage is followed by a phosphating treatment.

The latter forms a crystalline layer of phosphate which make up the base on which the subsequent painting layer is applied through cataphoresis.

Painting through cataphoresis is a fundamental treatment for the protection of the structural elements.

It allows the paint to be deposited in areas of the bodyshell that would otherwise be inaccessible such as the internal box structures.

The process takes place through immersion in an electrically insulated vat containing an acqueous solution of paint product.

The solution is negatively charged whilst the bodyshell is positively charged. During immersion, a layer of paint is deposited (22 microns on horizontal parts and 20 microns on vertical parts) that can be adjusted by altering the bath voltage, the bath temperature and the length of time the body remains in the solution.

The body then undergoes a process of stoving in an oven at 160° for 20 minutes.

Heat bonded materials are then applied to the prepared body and then all the joints between the body panels are sealed to prevent corrosive agents leaking through. An abrasion-resistant coating is then applied to all areas exposed to gravel from the road.

The body is now prepared by adding a primer coat (30 microns thick) before undergoing a further stoving cycle in the oven.

Lastly, the aesthetic finish is applied comprising a layer of enamel base coat (colour) followed by a clear resin coat with very good resistance properties to outside agents (humidity, the sun''s rays) and the final baking in the oven.

Environmentally-friendly, water-based enamels are used at the production plant.
Seems that FIAT guys at showroom do not know their cars then.
Will inform them about the same when I go there next time.
Old 17th June 2010, 21:18   #2208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
Had a talk with one of the salesguys and was informed that Punto Sports (Diesel, VGT engine, 90 something HP) is on its way.
He said that it will be launched in coming months. I think it was month of July. My poor memory. I am getting old.
Also that its on road price will be around 8.5 lacs on road in Bangalore.
This is what the internet tells us

Fiat 1.3 Multijet Diesel engine 2 Technology launched 2010 internationally | Indian Cars & Motorcycles Blog

Lets wait and see
Old 18th June 2010, 21:44   #2209
Senior - BHPian

Guys, any idea how much the parking sensors cost ? The dealer has told my dad that the one with the display on the mirror costs 6000 and he will give a 25% discount on that. Is this a good deal ? In addition to the fiat offers of free 1st year insurance, 4 years road side assistance and extended warranty free, he's giving us free sunfilm(will choose which 1 after the car comes), the usual mats, mudflaps, perfume, discount on fiat seat covers (giving it for 5k) and 25% off on the parking sensors.
Old 18th June 2010, 22:04   #2210
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys any idea when the Punto Sport is going to be launched?
Old 18th June 2010, 22:19   #2211
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Guys, any idea how much the parking sensors cost ? The dealer has told my dad that the one with the display on the mirror costs 6000 and he will give a 25% discount on that. Is this a good deal ? In addition to the fiat offers of free 1st year insurance, 4 years road side assistance and extended warranty free, he's giving us free sunfilm(will choose which 1 after the car comes), the usual mats, mudflaps, perfume, discount on fiat seat covers (giving it for 5k) and 25% off on the parking sensors.
These type of parking sensors cost from Rs. 2500 to 3000 in the market.
I bough Camara and monitor type for Rs. 5000 last year and should cheap be by now.
Old 19th June 2010, 09:40   #2212

Question on Punto ACC

I own a Punto 1.4 FIRE E pack and I've a question on ACC. There are 3 Vent control buttons on the ACC. The Owners Manual says that all the 3 ACC vent controls can be operated simultaneously. However, in my car, Central Vent control and the Wind shield vent control seems to be mutually exclusive. I could not turn them ON simultaneously. Is this an expected behaviour? I would appreciate responses from Punto owners.

Mods, please forgive me if this post does not belong here.
Old 19th June 2010, 11:30   #2213
BHPian

Looks like this thread will break the DDLJ history, every day we have new posts anf this has made me to buy a PUNTO . My Silver PUNTO MJD Emotion pack is arriving home today.
Old 19th June 2010, 11:33   #2214
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW-X5 View Post
Looks like this thread will break the DDLJ history, every day we have new posts anf this has made me to buy a PUNTO . My Silver PUNTO MJD Emotion pack is arriving home today.
This is great! Whats the on-road price currently? And what are the discounts you got?

I test drove 1.4 yesterday. It was quite zippy I must say!
Old 19th June 2010, 13:29   #2215
Senior - BHPian

The Punto is an AMAZING car. Why i say amazing is because it amazes you with the ride and handling, breaking, steering feel etc.

The 1.4 Petrol is so sweet .. so sweet that it keeps running circles in my mind.
Old 19th June 2010, 14:18   #2216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW-X5 View Post
Congrats on your car. Did you get the benefits advertised on the Punto site?
PUNTO (all variants)

Total Benefits up to Rs. 40,000* including

• Exchange bonus of Rs. 10,000
• 1st year insurance – Benefit up to Rs. 22,000
• 26 months extended warranty - Benefit up to Rs. 5,000
• 24X7 Fiat Roadside Assistance – Benefit up to Rs. 3,000

please share what offers you got on your Italian model.
Old 19th June 2010, 14:54   #2217
BHPian

Hi,

Is any Punto E pack owner ordered the Extra remote key with the fiat through the dealer, i enquired same with stores persons of concorde-bangalore, they are not given correct info.!!

Please get me the details..
Old 19th June 2010, 15:07   #2218
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiatMyLife View Post
This is great! Whats the on-road price currently? And what are the discounts you got?

I test drove 1.4 yesterday. It was quite zippy I must say!
With which car did you compare that you found it Zippy ?
I myself want to replace my Wagon R with another Hatch, though I was intersted in Figo Petrol as I am a petrol man and monthly drive is less than 500 Km but found Figo underpowered and its also not fuel effecient. I don't want filmsy japanies cars either, Polo doesn't insipre me at all and engine is very noisy, Ho by the way I drive Linea 1.4 also but wants to know, does Punto makes 0-100 faster than Linea ?
I need to take Test-drive also.

Last edited by jacksons : 19th June 2010 at 15:09.
Old 19th June 2010, 17:47   #2219
BHPian

yes,the punto reaches 100 quicker than the linea,it's a very rev happy engine,sounds great to an enthusiast and also offers decent average.
Old 19th June 2010, 18:04   #2220
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrit7 View Post
yes,the punto reaches 100 quicker than the linea,
No, this is not true. According to Autocar India (July 2010 issue) data, the 0 to 100 kmph times for Linea and Punto are:

Linea 1.4: 15.14s
Linea MJD: 15.04s
Punto 1.4: 16.58s
Punto MJD: 17.84s

Thus, Punto is slower than Linea in 0-100 kmph time. Further, even for '20-80 kmph in 3rd gear' times, Punto is marginally slower than Linea according to ACI data.

Last edited by Dr.AD : 19th June 2010 at 18:07.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks