Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2010, 15:05   #2956
BHPian

^
Yes, my car is just about reaching 3k kms now and took it to the Mumbai-Pune expressway. It was a great drive and even at 100-110 you floor the pedal and there is quite quick response and I took it upto 140 and still seemed like it could easily go more. The second gear is entirely different now from what it used to be when I took delivery.

It is on the climbs that you could feel a little underpowered if you're not on the right gear. Otherwise its an excellent car no doubt.
Old 3rd December 2010, 20:28   #2957
Senior - BHPian

Fiat India invites 125 Enthusiasts to its Ranjangaon Plant

Just posted a small article on the same topic on another thread, but found a more detailed report on carwale

Quote:
Fiat India Automobiles Ltd. welcomed a host of guests from around the country as they gathered in Pune to drive down their favourite Fiat cars to the Fiat factory in Ranjangaon. 60 Fiat cars came together from cities like New Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Coimbatore, Trivandrum and Pune. The guest list consisted of Fiat enthusiasts and owners of Fiat cars. Around 125 people made their way early morning to Pune after which the convoy of enthusiasts which included Rajeev Kapoor, President and CEO, Fiat India Automobiles, headed off to Fiat’s Ranjangaon plant.
Rajeev Kapoor addressed the occasion by saying, “We at Fiat, are extremely happy to see all the Fiat fans come together and it is our pleasure to be a part of this occasion. The turn out today reflects the love and trust Fiat commands and we hope that this continues.” Families of owners also were a part of this gathering-cum-drive and they enjoyed themselves as they saw the cars lining up at the meeting place.
Once done with breakfast all the car owners lined up their cars for the ceremonial flag off. The cars vroomed out of the parking bay and headed towards the exit. This meet presented the owners and the on-lookers with a great chance to watch the old and the brand new Fiat cars rubbing shoulders with one another. Fiat cars like the Palio, the Grande Punto, the Punto 90 hp, the Linea and the all new Linea T-jet. Even a young lad who came along with his father could not resist admiring the Linea as it got out of the parking.
Modifications on the car attracted a lot of attention and the incoming of a Grande Punto 90 hp sports drew a large chunk of the crowd present there. The shutters went click !click! as it rolled in and out of the meeting place. While the sunroof on the sports got its fair share of attention, the boom! boom! of an audio system in yet another Punto which was enough to grab the attention of everyone around.
Rajeev Kapoor along with Marius Dlima and Ravi Bhatia flagged off the cars as they made their way to the Fiat factory in Ranjangaon. Each driver was given a thumbs up as they rolled out of the hotel and a distinct ‘drive safely’ instruction was heard as Rajeev Kapoor saw the cars leave. The experience of a lifetime awaits these 125 people as they make their way to the facility and knowing how their cars are made only doubles their faith in the company. Fiat does enjoy a huge fan following and it could be seen by the turn out at the event. It can be thus concluded that when it comes to Fiat cars admiration is guaranteed.
Were any BHPians part of this drive ? The Punto sports looks too good. Hope they launch those alloys atleast.
Old 3rd December 2010, 20:33   #2958
BANNED

I heard from my brother who participated in the drive that the Punto Sports was part of the Drive from Pune to Fiat Plant.

Lets not speculate much, but I hope they bring in the Punto Sports with T-Jet engine!

http://www.carwale.com/news/7045-fia...aon-plant.html

Last edited by COUNSEL : 3rd December 2010 at 20:52.
Old 3rd December 2010, 23:26   #2959
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNSEL View Post
I heard from my brother who participated in the drive that the Punto Sports was part of the Drive from Pune to Fiat Plant.

Lets not speculate much, but I hope they bring in the Punto Sports with T-Jet engine!

Fiat India invites 125 Enthusiasts to its Ranjangaon Plant CarWale News
The Punto with the T-Jet will be priced too high, as the engine is being imported as if now. When local production of this engine starts, a T-Jet at the price of the MJD E+ should be fine. By the time that happens, diesel prices also might be de-regulated..!
Old 4th December 2010, 00:30   #2960
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Test drove the 1.2 fire Punto yesterday.

I had very low expectations of the car being very underpowered, but I was really surprised with the driveability of the 1.2 litre engine. The test drive was abused to the core, but still came out with a positive that the car is not too bad with respect to driveability in city. For the city drives this is more than sufficient. The emotion 1.2 at 5.57 lacs Bangalore OTR seems very good value.

However on the highway, the call for additional power is very clear.
My dad has the 1.2 Active. Absolutely no hint of being underpowered. In fact even on the highways, for those who cruise between 100-120, it is great!
Old 5th December 2010, 09:57   #2961
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Just posted a small article on the same topic on another thread, but found a more detailed report on carwale

Were any BHPians part of this drive ? The Punto sports looks too good. Hope they launch those alloys atleast.
@Tarun,

I know a forum (team-fiatdotcom) actively took part and i got an invite to join as i'm a member of that circle.
Not sure about the all cars driven were given by Fiat, i know becoz i have asked to drive my punto to Pune to join this.

Thanks,
R
Old 5th December 2010, 10:11   #2962
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reisender View Post
@Tarun,

I know a forum (team-fiatdotcom) actively took part and i got an invite to join as i'm a member of that circle.
Not sure about the all cars driven were given by Fiat, i know becoz i have asked to drive my punto to Pune to join this.

Thanks,
R
Yes, It was organised by Fiat India for members. The owners had to drive down their Fiat cars to the plant. From the report on teamfiat, it was conducted very well and it was a nice event. A couple of Bhpians also participated in this.

Last edited by mobike008 : 7th December 2010 at 15:47. Reason: Please use proper punctuation and avoid leaving links to other forums. Thanks
Old 5th December 2010, 15:30   #2963
Senior - BHPian

I was a part of the rally too. it was an amazing event co-ordinated by Team Fiat. Fiat added with CEO flagging the event at VITS a 4 star hotel at balewadi Pune. Fiat arranged for breakfast, lunch, plant visit for all the owners.

The plant visit gave a great amount of technical knowhow about fiat cars, how safe they are and the high level of QC inspection on engines and body and the assembled vehicles.

Adding to the surprise fiat gifted all of us with full tank fuels, test drives of t-jet and 90hp punto and a Fiat 500 mouse worth 1500rs.

I bet no other manufacturer has done this kind of hosting for its owners.

The best part of this was it was so well co-ordinated that all cars remained in groups and no one missed out anywhere in the whole visit, a very rare thing when so many people have to co-ordinated.

Last edited by Jaggu : 6th December 2010 at 15:18. Reason: Please use proper punctuation and avoid leaving links to other forums. Thanks
Old 5th December 2010, 15:33   #2964
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
i was a part of the rally too. it was an amazing event co-ordinated by Team Fiat. Fiat added with CEO flagging the event at VITS a 4 star hotel at balewadi Pune. Fiat arranged for breakfast, lunch, plant visit for all the owners.
============
the best part of this was it was so well co-ordinated that all cars remained in groups and no one missed out anywhere in the whole visit, a very rare thing when so many people have to co-ordinated.
I completely agree with you there, Amit. We all had a wonderful time there and the warm hospitality shown to us by FIAT only goes to strengthen our love for the brand and its phenomenal cars.

Last edited by Jaggu : 6th December 2010 at 15:19. Reason: Please avoid quoting entire large post. Readability issue for mobile users. Thanks.
Old 6th December 2010, 02:15   #2965
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
i was a part of the rally too. it was an amazing event co-ordinated by Team Fiat. Fiat added with CEO flagging the event at VITS a 4 star hotel at balewadi Pune.
=====================
the best part of this was it was so well co-ordinated that all cars remained in groups and no one missed out anywhere in the whole visit, a very rare thing when so many people have to co-ordinated.
I wish I was in pune, I would have hitch hiked to be part of this exercise.

Amit, I don't know if you guys made the effort or not, but I certainly would have stepped up to Mr CEO and asked him about what corrective measures has the company taken vis-a-vis the plastics in the car, since 2009/10.

Since you had an insider's view at the factors, how about sharing some more details about the QC inspection process for a new car. I am really curious to know how well its handled at FIAT, is TATA anyway involved in this process?

Last edited by Jaggu : 6th December 2010 at 15:20. Reason: Please avoid quoting entire large post. Thanks
Old 9th December 2010, 17:07   #2966
BHPian

Engine cooling fan

Does the fan work whenever the engine is on? Now days I am finding that after a short trip, say 1-2 km, when I switch off the engine, the fan is not working. I have never noticed it before. For a long trip , I remember, it works and will be off once I lock the car using remote key.
Old 9th December 2010, 17:26   #2967
BHPian

Re: Engine cooling fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsk2009 View Post
Does the fan work whenever the engine is on? Now days I am finding that after a short trip, say 1-2 km, when I switch off the engine, the fan is not working. I have never noticed it before. For a long trip , I remember, it works and will be off once I lock the car using remote key.
I think it switches on once the engine reaches a certain temperature, so it might not switch on for short trips.
Old 9th December 2010, 17:30   #2968
Senior - BHPian

Re: Engine cooling fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
I think it switches on once the engine reaches a certain temperature, so it might not switch on for short trips.
Yes it may not run during a short trip. You can test whether fan is working or not, by turning on AC for a while - this switches on fan even on a relatively colder engine.
Old 9th December 2010, 21:39   #2969
BHPian

Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Thanks lot for your reply. Usually I never drive without AC and that was the reason why the fan was running . Today I drive without ac for 2 km and the fan was not running. Thanks again.
Old 9th December 2010, 22:42   #2970
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

I have a question regarding servicing. I hope to I'm not posting it in wrong thread!!

I own a Punto 1.4 E-Pk and its nearing its 2nd free service which is suppose to be done either at 15K kms on odo or completion of 1 year which ever is first.

Since I wont be completing 15K, hardly it will be 4K, do I have to still change oil and filters which are suppose to be changed after 15K kms?

I know many owners voluntarily opt for oil change during 1st service itself. But technically is there any need when you have done under 20% of running which qualifies for changing stuff?

Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks