Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2011, 12:10   #3106
BHPian

Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Mine is a May 2010 MJD emotion pack. It didnt come with tweeters. In 2010 models they have removed ash tray as well :(.
Old 31st January 2011, 13:18   #3107
Senior - BHPian

Its always advisable to use a bit of throttle while accelerating from rest, even before fully releasing the clutch. Many cars have enough torque to get the car moving even at idle thus not requiring the throttle to be pressed at rest, but still I feel its a better practice to press the throttle lightly at least in all cars.

@BMW-X5
How come people like Harshal are getting the tweeters now??

Last edited by julupani : 31st January 2011 at 13:19.
Old 31st January 2011, 17:07   #3108
Senior - BHPian

My answers are in bold:
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalcruiser View Post
guys, need some help.

- should I get the alignment done from outside of the dealership? Has anyone got theirs done from outside?

I did it outside when my car has completed 8K. It was a difficult affair, only a few alignment centers have the GP's alignment map in their system. I tried three centers and finally found it in New Bharat tyres, TVM.
There was no change in wheel alignment, and only wheel balancing needed change. So you can actually live without an alignment check till 15K.

- I would guess that it is also a good time to swap the front and rear tires, as well as get them rotated? In which case, the balancing needs to be done?

DO not attempt any rotation; all these will be managed in the 15K service.

Any other tips/suggestions welcome!

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 31st January 2011 at 17:08.
Old 31st January 2011, 17:15   #3109
Senior - BHPian

This must be something that've been discussed perhaps; pardon my ignorance

- what kind of diesel dear MJD GP owners are using? NORMAL diesel or Premium diesel?
- there is a warning in the owner's manual directing to use ordinary diesel only, and I am adhering to this directive.
- buttt all Linea/GP owners that I know and most Swift DDIS owners are using premium diesel only.

Please advise on this...

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 31st January 2011 at 17:16.
Old 31st January 2011, 17:27   #3110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post

- what kind of diesel dear MJD GP owners are using? NORMAL diesel or Premium diesel?
- there is a warning in the owner's manual directing to use ordinary diesel only, and I am adhering to this directive.
Me too. I've always used normal diesel in my Punto. And my brother has been using only normal diesel in his Linea.
Old 31st January 2011, 17:29   #3111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW-X5 View Post
Mine is a May 2010 MJD emotion pack. It didnt come with tweeters. In 2010 models they have removed ash tray as well :(.
Quote:
Originally Posted by julupani View Post
Its always advisable to use a bit of throttle while accelerating from rest, even before fully releasing the clutch. Many cars have enough torque to get the car moving even at idle thus not requiring the throttle to be pressed at rest, but still I feel its a better practice to press the throttle lightly at least in all cars.

@BMW-X5
How come people like Harshal are getting the tweeters now??
I got a nov 2010 model. no ash tray. no stock lighter. but yes, there are tweeters. i got it checked at my accessory guy today. he also quoted me 6k for 4 speakers + 2 tweeter upgrade. JBL.

@sandeepmdas i was informed by my sales person to make sure that only normal diesel is used and not the premium one.

Last edited by h@r$h@l : 31st January 2011 at 17:30.
Old 31st January 2011, 19:49   #3112
BHPian

Quote:
Punto MJD owners.
Elementary question. How do you get your car on move from rest?
Punto has enough torque to start rolling without accelerating in first gear provided you dont start on an incline.you may need to push accelerator in initail weeks till engine frees up. And of course dont ever lug the engine if you feel so.A run in punto has enough torque to keep rolling at a low rpm of 1200 in any gear.
Old 31st January 2011, 22:27   #3113
Team-BHP Support

Guys, the fuse of my headunit seems to have blown. Do our cars have 2 fuse boxes? And where is the fuse for the HU? The manual said something about a fuse box next to the steering wheel, but I cant locate it.
Old 31st January 2011, 23:01   #3114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Guys, the fuse of my headunit seems to have blown. Do our cars have 2 fuse boxes? And where is the fuse for the HU? The manual said something about a fuse box next to the steering wheel, but I cant locate it.
The fuse box is located behind the small cup holder below the fog lamp switches. Just pull out that piece of plastic (remember, its a bit tricky to put it back).
Old 31st January 2011, 23:04   #3115
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks View Post
The fuse box is located behind the small cup holder below the fog lamp switches. Just pull out that piece of plastic (remember, its a bit tricky to put it back).
Cup holer? Or are you talking about that recess below the fog lamp switch panel? So does that full big plastic panel come off?
Old 1st February 2011, 10:24   #3116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Cup holer? Or are you talking about that recess below the fog lamp switch panel? So does that full big plastic panel come off?
Yes. You got it right. The entire panel comes off. Just put your hand into the recess, and pull the panel out.
Old 1st February 2011, 12:31   #3117
BHPian

Quote:
My answers are in bold:
Thanks for that - I also feared that most alignment centres would not have the GPs data. I will wait for the 15k service and in the meantime if the drag to the left does get more, I'll visit the dealer to get it sorted.
Old 2nd February 2011, 09:22   #3118

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk_del View Post
Hello All,

I have GP E + MJD with 20,000 KM on the ODO.

Yesterday I faced a peculiar issue, need your opinion on it (I will be taking it the service station on Saturday):

When I turn my steering wheel, left or right, it now makes a peculiar noise like dummm, dummm., as if you are beating the drum with very little force.

I am experiencing this sound only when the car is standstill or moving very slowly.

Any one has experienced it before. Any pointers why this may be happening.

Thanks,

PK
We with our GP MJD E+ have done 23,000 km till now. Three days back i started hearing the same dunn..dunn sound while i steer to the left & right, i hear the sound when the car is parked & when it is driven at slow speeds. I guess it is there at high speeds too but it just cant be heard as the speed doesnt leave it to be heard.

Regards.

Quote:

- buttt all Linea/GP owners that I know and most Swift DDIS owners are using premium diesel only.

Please advise on this...
We have done 23K till now. I have used till now & will use only ordinary diesel in my Punto MJD E+

Regards.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 20 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 3rd February 2011 at 00:01. Reason: Please use the EDIT function instead of posting back-to-back posts within 20 minutes. Thanks.
Old 2nd February 2011, 09:57   #3119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Use Normal Diesel ONLY. I have 2 FGP EPs and use normal diesel only.
Old 2nd February 2011, 22:04   #3120
BHPian

Quote:
Yesterday I faced a peculiar issue, need your opinion on it (I will be taking it the service station on Saturday):

When I turn my steering wheel, left or right, it now makes a peculiar noise like dummm, dummm., as if you are beating the drum with very little force.

I am experiencing this sound only when the car is standstill or moving very slowly.
Queer, even i have the same problem since day one.there is also slight juddering of steering.feel this at very slow speeds while turning and braking at same time.Doesnt happen consistently.thought nothing much of it.have any other of you guys experienced this?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks