Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2011, 11:41   #3151
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryB View Post
Guys,

Just came back from long drive to Vellore in y Nov 1.3 Punto MJD.Car was just fantastic on highways, however had a peculier problem. On high speeds though all the windows were up still felt some sound of air coming from driver's window.Is this normal or some where there is a leak and thus resulting in the air gussing in ?

Please advice if anyone faced thus a isse as well

Cheers,

HarryB
Say hello to the noisy OVRM's. Thats the sound they make while cutting through the air at high speeds.

In fact the sound will be heard by both front seat co-passenger as well as the driver. There are two OVRM's after all.

If you feels sound is not similar to wind rustling past the objects at high speeds then do take opinions of experts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
If the temperature is set cooler say 18 deg, the AC compressor has to work longer and harder to achieve that temperature. When this happens, there will be affect on the FE - It will reduce IMO.
That clears up a lot.

Just did a trip to chennai.
Kms: 704 to and fro.
FE: 20.8 kmpl
AC: Full time on.
Speed: 100+ most of the times on highway.
Chennai Food: AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME

Last edited by download2live : 10th February 2011 at 12:02.
Old 10th February 2011, 12:23   #3152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryB View Post
On high speeds though all the windows were up still felt some sound of air coming from driver's window.Is this normal or some where there is a leak and thus resulting in the air gussing in ?
I have noticed it in Punto. I remember in Linea Tjet review GTO has mentioned the same.
Old 10th February 2011, 16:40   #3153
Senior - BHPian

Guys after coming back from a trip to Chennai I noticed this:
A black pencil thick rubber tube hanging over the rear right tyre. Right now it is touching the tyre as the tyre rotates.

I will post the pic once I reach home.

Any idea as of now what it can be??
Old 11th February 2011, 10:28   #3154

@PK DEL & aditya116

Took my Punto MJD to the VST service station in Chennai in the morning, i was 4th in que. They have sorted it out and changed the elasctic pads inbetween the struts & the cars body, both left & right.

Now, i dont hear any sound. Revving good.

Thanks.
Old 11th February 2011, 10:40   #3155

@pk del & aditya116

Took my MJD Putno to the vst station on 09 feb 2011. They sorted it out & replaced the elastic pads between struts & the cars body. All done under warranty.
As such each elastic pad cost's Rs.2500/-!!
They finished everything & called to pick the car up. We went for a TD around anna alai in chennai, offcource with a/c at 18*c. But, i was shocked to find out that the a/c was not at all cooling. We came back to the station & an electrician was put in to sort it out.
It seems that the car has a special switch at its right side under the coolant. That was some how put off while they changed those pads & was not put on back.
For god's good we went for a test drive.

Everything finished in a good tone & i drove back home.

Thanks.
Old 11th February 2011, 14:01   #3156
Distinguished - BHPian

I booked my white Punto 1.2 Dynamic on saturday at Concorde Motors, Cochin and was told that I would be receiving my car in 14 - 15 days. Got a call from the sales guy today saying that Fiat doesnt have any 2011 manufactured Dynamic cars (in any colour) and suggested I go in for the Active or Emotion.

Does anyone know about this ? I also asked about how long it would take for if I insist on a Dynamic variant, he said he will find out and let me know.
Old 11th February 2011, 14:12   #3157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
I booked my white Punto 1.2 Dynamic on saturday at Concorde Motors, Cochin and was told that I would be receiving my car in 14 - 15 days. Got a call from the sales guy today saying that Fiat doesnt have any 2011 manufactured Dynamic cars (in any colour) and suggested I go in for the Active or Emotion.

Does anyone know about this ? I also asked about how long it would take for if I insist on a Dynamic variant, he said he will find out and let me know.
please check with other dealers in your city .
and also check with fiat customer support number.
Old 11th February 2011, 14:40   #3158
BHPian

I always keep the AC in recirculation mode, but still I get to smell a little of the outside air sometimes. What could be the problem?
Old 11th February 2011, 14:45   #3159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
I always keep the AC in recirculation mode, but still I get to smell a little of the outside air sometimes. What could be the problem?
i also have the same issue , is it normal?
Old 11th February 2011, 15:02   #3160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
i also have the same issue , is it normal?
I don't think it's normal. I could smell the outside air if I pass through a thick smoke or places that emanate strong odor. I think a little of outside air is always getting mixed with the air inside but we notice it only when the odor outside is really high.

I'm not sure how to proceed on this issue. I'm sure TASS will have no answer for this. Also, it's hard to show this problem to them.
Old 11th February 2011, 17:25   #3161
Senior - BHPian

As for the non-availability of Dynamic, I am not very surprised by this at all. I dont see that many Dynamic version Puntos around. It's almost always a Emotion or an Active with an Emotion Pack thrown in a few times. So may be Fiat have gone slow on the production of Dynamic, causing a non-availabilty of the version in your location. Though I am sure if you really insistent, FIAT will schedule a Dynamic version in your colour choice. But you may have to wait a lot longer, as to the whole process of building a car to getting it delivered will end up taking a lot longer.

What would be easier would be if the dealer, could look around if any other dealers around have such a model scheduled to be delivered to their depots and may be work something out.
Old 12th February 2011, 21:21   #3162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
I don't think it's normal. I could smell the outside air if I pass through a thick smoke or places that emanate strong odor. I think a little of outside air is always getting mixed with the air inside but we notice it only when the odor outside is really high.

I'm not sure how to proceed on this issue. I'm sure TASS will have no answer for this. Also, it's hard to show this problem to them.
It's normal for all vehicles to have some fresh air to be introduced into the HVAC system even while in recirculation mode. I guess the only difference is how effectively the filters on various cars are able to weed out odours.
Old 15th February 2011, 14:57   #3163
Senior - BHPian

Dynamic is only having fabric inserts, central locking and rear power windows as the major difference compared to the active version at a considerable cost. So I guess that's the reason we don't see too many dynamic puntos around.
Old 16th February 2011, 12:08   #3164
Distinguished - BHPian

My love affair with the hopefully soon to arrive Punto is on the rocks. Like MS001 suggested, I called up the Fiat helpline on friday to check for availability of stocks and was told that all models are being manufactured at the plant and that there was a ready supply of all Puntos sand Lineas.

I spoke to the sales guy at Concorde Motors and even received a call from the area sales manager on saturday who patiently explained how they receive reports on available and ready to transport cars from Tata - Fiat & that no Dynamic Puntos are available as per the report & that I will have to wait for it to be manufactured. Fair enough. Dropped a long letter to Fiat on their website on saturday to clarify the situation but havent heard anything from them yet. Disappointing.

Yesterday the sales person at Concorde told me that the stuff that was promised at the time of booking will be available only if they manage to indent a readily manufactured car while the scheme is still on. Which means that if the Dynamic gets manufactured in March and the schemes are not present then, I will have to shell out more. Made another call to the Fiat helpline to find out what in heavens name is happening and they have promised to get back to me today. I put it down to supply chain issues & resigned myself to my fate while hoping for the best.

Things took a turn for the worse today when the sales guy called me today offering a silver December 2010 Punto 1.2 Emotion for less than what I was paying for a 2011 Punto Dynamic. I felt this was an excellent offer & asked them for the VIN number and thought this would lead to a happy ending as I could get delivery in a couple of days. Plus all the freebies would be thrown in as well. The whole win - win situation got thrown out the window thanks to the VIN which said the car was manufactured in Feb 2010

I have spoken to the Fiat team lead at Concorde & the ASM and expressed my displeasure in no uncertain terms. What really ticked me off was the team lead trying to explain to me how they dont know when the car is manufactured and hence look at when they receive the car. In this case since they got the car in December they tell customers it is a Dec 2010 car. More I asked him how it was that as a customer I am telling him the manufacturing date and he and his team are unable to identify it. Argh ! To make him understand the illogicalness (is that even a word?) of his explanation, I gave him a situation where I asked him to imagine he has a baby daughter and asked him when he would celebrate her birthday - the day she was born or the day he brought her home from the hospital. It took him some time but he has apologised for his teams mistake.

Am waiting for the ASM to get back to me & will take a decision on the car after that. I would like to add that my booking experience was excellent and I was very happy with the way they treated me at that time. The supply chain issues are unfortunate but I guess it is something to contend with. However I am extremely disappointed by the stunt Concorde Motors tried to pull today. There is a thread on tbhp in which R F Motors sold an old Linea to an unsuspecting customer and everyone recommended Concorde.

By far the longest post in my short time at tbhp. Thanks to Wildon & his thread that has saved me & countless others. Hoping for a happy ending to my Punto story.
Old 16th February 2011, 16:31   #3165
Senior - BHPian

Well, the part that he says about the offers, schemes, discounts or prices is true. Any changes in prices or available schemes are to be borne by the dealer at his wish or by the customer.

This was mentioned when we bought the car in December 2009, when there was an announced price rise in January 2010. The dealer said that if we cannon complete the process before January he would have to charge the extra. Though later on bargaining he agreed to foot the cost himself. But at the end it turned out, when we chose the colour that he had ready stock of a Nov 2009 car, allowing us to take delivery in a grand total of 5 days and just 4visits to the dealership, test drive, price bargaining, final colour choice(with 2nd test drive) and delivery.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks