Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2011, 19:55   #3211
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

A very basic question. If I dont want the OEM alloys, what price should I expect for those? and how/ where should these be done? does the dealer/ manufacturer reduce the cost if I dont want them?
Please note this is a pre booking/ purchase question!
Old 3rd March 2011, 20:54   #3212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
A very basic question. If I dont want the OEM alloys, what price should I expect for those?
The OE pricing for Punto E+ 15" alloys are INR 9900 per piece (P/No 51794092) as per their site.
I am not sure what price you will get from the dealer; my advise is you take delivery of the car as it is and then replace the alloys. You can then sell your OE wheels, give the TBHP classifieds section a try...

A very basic question. Why on earth you want to replace the OE alloys? I agree these are a bit "curvy" in design, butttt they are damn good stuff, quality-wise; thats what I've been told by many esp. the wheel-alignment guys etc.

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 3rd March 2011 at 20:58.
Old 3rd March 2011, 22:38   #3213
BHPian

Add to what Sandeep has said, you can easily sell these alloys off in T-bhp itself. There are a lot of enthusiasts hunting for the OEM alloys. Also, I've seen quite a few Puntos with different alloys, but none could match up to the class of OEM alloys. If you would like to enhance the stance, try changing the tires to 205 profile, it might make the car look a tad better.
Old 4th March 2011, 10:37   #3214
Distinguished - BHPian

@sandeepms,
It is indeed 9900+ tax even in the dealership when I enquired a few days ago.

@ selfdrive,
I finally bought the alloys for my Emotion from another BHPian who wanted to change his OE alloys. Looks are purely subjective...I liked the OE looks very good so bought it. I lateron put a 205/60 tyres.
I don't know about the dealers, but on TBHP, you can expect somewhere around 20-24 k on TBHP for 4 alloys only. 25-30k with the tyres is a fair rate I'd say. For a good set of aftermarket alloys and 205 tyres, you'd need 40k IMO.

Many other TBHpian Fiat enthusiasts will be waiting for the alloys. You can sell them in a matter of few days.
Old 4th March 2011, 10:55   #3215
Senior - BHPian

Thanks guys! I was not aware the alloys are great quality. The punto I TDed a couple of months ago didnt have the alloys, perhaps it was a different version.
There is an ongoing debate about which car to finalise, so undecided as of now. I appreciate your clarifications about the alloys
Now only if teh interiors were a tad better, it would be so much more convincing
Old 4th March 2011, 11:29   #3216
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks guys! I was not aware the alloys are great quality. The punto I TDed a couple of months ago didnt have the alloys, perhaps it was a different version.
There is an ongoing debate about which car to finalise, so undecided as of now. I appreciate your clarifications about the alloys
Now only if teh interiors were a tad better, it would be so much more convincing
@selfdrive: Dont let the alloys be a deal creaker I'll buy them from you, if your are willing to ship it to me that is
Old 4th March 2011, 15:54   #3217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenster View Post
@selfdrive: Dont let the alloys be a deal creaker I'll buy them from you, if your are willing to ship it to me that is
Mee too game for the alloys , setup some form of online bidding !
Old 4th March 2011, 16:15   #3218
Senior - BHPian

thanks guys! let me come to the bridge and I will cross it later

for now, the punto is one of the choices, unfortunately its not top priority on the family list mainly but not restricted to interior quality (lack of) and turning radius. if there is an "Elan-isation" of the Punto for the interiors (a la Manza), the pieces would fall into place.
I will definitely let you know if/ when I decide on the Punto and if I decide to change the alloys

I take the opportunity to ask another question. If I buy the Punto, I will go in for the MJD Emotion Pk. would it be recommended to opt for the 90 HP or the 76?
I dont see any difference other than the 15 extra horses and red stitching. Please correct/ confirm

Last edited by selfdrive : 4th March 2011 at 16:20.
Old 4th March 2011, 16:26   #3219
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I take the opportunity to ask another question. If I buy the Punto, I will go in for the MJD Emotion Pk. would it be recommended to opt for the 90 HP or the 76?
I dont see any difference other than the 15 extra horses and red stitching. Please correct/ confirm
If you intend to enjoy the Rev band beyond 3000rpm get the 90Hp version, Performance below 3000rpm is almost similar. Neither of them is tarmac burning performer but overall driveability is very good in both 75 and 90.
Old 4th March 2011, 17:34   #3220
BHPian

Anshuman,

Did you drive the 90HP extensively, I mean for a long duration in a highway? I definitely feel a well run-in 90hp will be a lot more fun than a 75HP. Both have been tuned to offer similar power delivery, hence you may not perceive the difference, but try racing the two. I'm sure the 75HP will be easily smoked out by the 90HP.

And with regards to overall driveability, I still feel the gear ratios could have been a lot better at least in the 75hp version. I personally enjoy progressive gear ratios, but Punto's gear ratios stand out as a sore thumb in an otherwise brilliant car.

SD, if you are chosing E.pack, then 90HP should be a no brainer is my opinion.

Last edited by CliffHanger : 4th March 2011 at 17:39.
Old 4th March 2011, 18:52   #3221
Senior - BHPian

Fiat Grande Punto Calibration for MID

Guys, I am keen on buying the MJD Emotion and was wondering about this.

Are the 'Emotion Pack' and 'Emotion' variant sensors calibrated to their respective tyre size? As everyone knows, EP comes in 195/60 R15 and the E in 165/80 R14.

So, won't the MID give out inaccurate readings if I get 195/60 R15 for the E? Although, the difference is very minute and under 1% deviation.

But then, I just realized, so is the case when the tyre wears out. Or does the sensors take care of that too?

Last edited by deetjohn : 4th March 2011 at 18:55. Reason: Adding Question
Old 4th March 2011, 20:10   #3222
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat Grande Punto Calibration for MID

Quote:

If I buy the Punto.... would it be recommended to opt for the 90 HP or the 76?
Mine is not a 90HP model. It was launched 45 days after I bought my car. Otherwise I'd have gone for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Are the 'Emotion Pack' and 'Emotion' variant sensors calibrated to their respective tyre size? .... EP comes in 195/60 R15 and the E in 165/80 R14.
So, won't the MID give out inaccurate readings if I get 195/60 R15 for the E?
Not really, the diameter of 195/60 R15 and 165/80 R14 wheel/tire combo are the effectively the same.

The GP speedo, in any case differs a lot with the readings of an in-car GPS device. (For e.g. the speedo reading was 17kmph when the GPS showed it as 13kmph, the test was done in a potholed pocket road.) I am doing more "research" on this...
Old 4th March 2011, 20:21   #3223
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
Anshuman,

Did you drive the 90HP extensively, I mean for a long duration in a highway? I definitely feel a well run-in 90hp will be a lot more fun than a 75HP.
Yes i have driven the car properly, not for 100's of kms, but easily 30-35kms on open roads and congested roads. When driving flatout 90HP has an clear edge over 75hp which runs out of breath post 3000rpm. When driving in a relaxed manner and upshifting early, there not much to differentiate between the two. NVH at higher speeds is slightly better in 90HP, but they still are not in the league of i20 CRDi.

If i had a choice when i bought my Punto, i would have picked 90HP for sure.
Old 7th March 2011, 00:31   #3224
BHPian

Is there a smart and quick way to clean the front upper and lower grill on the Punto? Any special tools ? Mine's a black colored one and boy it gets dirty real fast !

Last edited by better4worse : 7th March 2011 at 01:05.
Old 7th March 2011, 07:06   #3225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by better4worse View Post
Is there a smart and quick way to clean the front upper and lower grill on the Punto? Any special tools ? Mine's a black colored one and boy it gets dirty real fast !
Use a Toothbrush or a Bosch Power Wash

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks