Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2011, 11:23   #3196
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidyasagar View Post
I have observed that "autoclose" of the doors is not happening in my Punto Active MJD. The owner manual says that doors autoclose after speed > 20kmph for all the variants. I am not able to observe this.

The owner manual also says that this feature can be enabled / disabled by the MFD. Can existing punto owners enlighten me on how to identify this feature in the menu and turn in ON.
punto active does not come with central locking
have you installed it later?
Old 24th February 2011, 11:33   #3197
BHPian

Yes Manu,

I have installed the Genuine Fiat Accessory from Prerana motors, Lalbagh road. Is the auto close option only available for variants with CDL..? I remember the owner's manual claims for all variants.

Further, after the fitment of the CDL and remote locking, when some door is open, I am still getting the Door ajar warning buzzer only. I remember some members have written else where that a message as which door is open is also displayed on the MFD. I don't see this happening in my car.

Planning to report this issue during the I service.
Old 24th February 2011, 12:26   #3198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Further, after the fitment of the CDL and remote locking, when some door is open, I am still getting the Door ajar warning buzzer only. I remember some members have written else where that a message as which door is open is also displayed on the MFD. I don't see this happening in my car.
AFAIK, the message is displayed only in the Emotion (and E+) variant. I am not sure of this though.

The Autoclose can be activated by selecting the "Autoclose" option in Menu. Just select it to "On", and the doors would be locked immediately after you exceed a speed of 20kmph - again, I am not sure if this would work on the retrofitted central locking system (even if its an Authorised accessory).

There has been instances where dealers promised customers to "upgrade" an Active to an Emotion. I am not sure if this is possible, since I doubt if ABS can be retrofitted by a dealer.
Old 24th February 2011, 12:45   #3199
Senior - BHPian

I dont think either the Autoclose or the MFD message specifying which door is open is available on the Active even after retro-fitment of the central and remote locking system. This would probably have to do with changing the unit that controls all the features shown on the MFD which are different on the Active and Emotion variants.
Old 24th February 2011, 14:14   #3200
Distinguished - BHPian

Attached below is the difference between menu options in versions having MFD (Emotion and higher) and versions with normal display (Active,Dynamic)
Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-mfd.jpg

@Vidyasagar,
the options that you are talking about is not available in your Active Variant. As binaiks has quoted, you can only have this once you have the ECU and the centre cluster replaced which is almost impossible.
Old 24th February 2011, 14:49   #3201
BHPian

Auto close option is not available in Active model, even after installing center locking.
This is confirmed as i myself verified it with Autocop guy at the time of center lock installation.
Old 24th February 2011, 17:14   #3202
BHPian

Thanks a lot guys for the clarification. Its all clear now.
Old 24th February 2011, 19:52   #3203
BHPian

Quote:
Yes Manu,

I have installed the Genuine Fiat Accessory from Prerana motors, Lalbagh road. Is the auto close option only available for variants with CDL..? I remember the owner's manual claims for all variants.

Planning to report this issue during the I service.
I had a Punto active variant and I had installed central locking from Xenos and the 'autolock' did happen in my car.Why dont you check up with Xenos?
Old 24th February 2011, 20:52   #3204
Senior - BHPian

@ all Punto 90 HP owners:

Do you face a slight steering wobble at speeds of 90-110 kmph? I had changed the alloys & I thought that was the reason. But one more BHPian has a 90 HP with stock alloys & he also faces the same issue.

Is this an inherent problem with 90 HP Puntos?
Old 24th February 2011, 21:49   #3205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post

Do you face a slight steering wobble at speeds of 90-110 kmph? I had changed the alloys & I thought that was the reason. But one more BHPian has a 90 HP with stock alloys & he also faces the same issue.

hi,,i have faced the same problem in my 1.2 E with AC on at that speeds..
i heard there is a resonating speed for every car & at some specifc point of speed it happens..its just an answer received from a autohead
Old 25th February 2011, 07:48   #3206
Senior - BHPian

@ranjinibm

The autolock should happen, but I dont think you will have the feature to switch it on or off, via the MFD. Instead you will be stuck with it in the default on position.

Any car will have certain speeds at which some vibration will get magnified due to resonance, but it should still be within safe limits.

I have driven the 1.4EP at well over a hundred and did not feel any harsh vibrations at any speeds.
Old 25th February 2011, 08:24   #3207
Senior - BHPian

I have taken the 1.4 right up to almost 170 (Delhi folks would know how awesome the greater noida expressway is ) and the drive was brilliant. The car is very stable, as good as my civic. Everyone in the car were pretty surprised!
Old 25th February 2011, 08:31   #3208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by julupani View Post
@ranjinibm

The autolock should happen, but I dont think you will have the feature to switch it on or off, via the MFD. Instead you will be stuck with it in the default on position.
One can switch ON / OFF the auto lock feature via the MID in the Fiat Grande Punto Emotion Pack!
Old 25th February 2011, 10:30   #3209
BHPian

Must be not properly balanced wheels. Once I got some dents in alloy due to bad road in the rainy night. I balanced them and I was still facing wobbling at speeds above 90. I went back to the same guys who balanced and I told them that I didn't have this issue even at 170 Kmph. They checked all the wheels and one on the front was not balanced properly. They did that again free. Now, it is back to normal.

Balance the wheels in a trustworthy shop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post

Old 25th February 2011, 22:33   #3210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motor spirit View Post
hi,,i have faced the same problem in my 1.2 E with AC on at that speeds..
i heard there is a resonating speed for every car & at some specifc point of speed it happens..its just an answer received from a autohead
Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
Must be not properly balanced wheels. Once I got some dents in alloy due to bad road in the rainy night. I balanced them and I was still facing wobbling at speeds above 90. I went back to the same guys who balanced and I told them that I didn't have this issue even at 170 Kmph. They checked all the wheels and one on the front was not balanced properly. They did that again free. Now, it is back to normal.

Balance the wheels in a trustworthy shop.
From the responses I am getting, I guess some Puntos have this wobbling issue. It's a very slight wobble & nothing dangerous. Still, I would like to get it fixed if possible.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks