Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2011, 00:38   #3316
BHPian

Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Guys, are you sure it works when your car is standstill? Please try this-

1) Unlock your car using remote
2) Sit inside!!! (Start the car but dont move it)
3) Try locking the car using driver's door lever

It does work when the car is moving, even in my car.
yes it works in my car too. When I get out to withdraw cash from ATM etc, I leave engine & AC running if my family members are sitting inside. For safety sake I do ask them to lock the door from inside using the door lever.

so yes it works even when car is started but not moving.
Old 11th April 2011, 09:45   #3317
BHPian

Even the left passenger door lock when pressed inside, locks all the doors.
Old 11th April 2011, 10:52   #3318
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Guys, are you sure it works when your car is standstill? Please try this-

1) Unlock your car using remote
2) Sit inside!!! (Start the car but dont move it)
3) Try locking the car using driver's door lever

It does work when the car is moving, even in my car.
I do it many times...some times from the driver door and sometimes I ask my family members to do it from the front passenger door if they are sitting inside and I have to go out leaving the car on.

For a confirmation, At a signal today morning, I did it the same way as you have wriitten above. It sure works.
I doubt if the guys who fitted your front door speakers might have forgotten something while fitting the door panels back. Anyways, get it checked once.
Old 11th April 2011, 16:09   #3319
BHPian

Guys ,

Have a query . does anybody has any idea which HU is coming with punto emotion Multijet 2011 models . earlier it was blauk paunt and now read on few placed that they have replaced it with bosch .
Old 11th April 2011, 16:18   #3320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
Guys ,

Have a query . does anybody has any idea which HU is coming with punto emotion Multijet 2011 models . earlier it was blauk paunt and now read on few placed that they have replaced it with bosch .
I have a 2010 Oct model where it came with Delphi. They stopped blaupunkt sometime back I guess ( probably a cost cutting move).
Old 11th April 2011, 16:20   #3321
BHPian

so, most probably the New 2011 one's are also coming with same Delphi's. IMO you cannot connect USB / AUX with these HU. Even fiat helpline is unable to confirm this wrt to HU brand .
Old 11th April 2011, 17:04   #3322
Senior - BHPian

@Sushil
What do you mean that you cannot connect USB/AUX with these HU?? The Punto does not have a AUX port and thee USB functions through the Blue&Me unit which is separate from the HU so should face any issue with what HU is being used at all.
Old 11th April 2011, 17:10   #3323
BHPian

@julupani,
In emotion (not pack ) the HU is custom build in such a way that you cannot connect aux cable to HU and even if you connect at the back of HU, it will not detect the AUX cable . earlier FIAT was supplying emotion variant with Blauk Paunt HU , with which you just need to have a AUX cable for USB / IPOD connectivity.

Hope i am clear now
Old 11th April 2011, 21:11   #3324
BHPian

Not sure about the Delphi HU's, but I think the Bosch branding was because Bosch took over Blaupunkt.
Old 11th April 2011, 22:17   #3325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
@julupani,
In emotion (not pack ) the HU is custom build in such a way that you cannot connect aux cable to HU and even if you connect at the back of HU, it will not detect the AUX cable . earlier FIAT was supplying emotion variant with Blauk Paunt HU , with which you just need to have a AUX cable for USB / IPOD connectivity.

Hope i am clear now
Yes, after reading about getting it done externally by some BHPians, I tried to get it done. Though there was a slot to connect the external USB cable at the back of the HU it was not recognized by the system. Then I noticed that it is Delphi and there was another punto at the shop at the moment where we checked and found it was Bosch.
Old 11th April 2011, 22:29   #3326
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
I do it many times...some times from the driver door and sometimes I ask my family members to do it from the front passenger door if they are sitting inside and I have to go out leaving the car on.

For a confirmation, At a signal today morning, I did it the same way as you have wriitten above. It sure works.
I doubt if the guys who fitted your front door speakers might have forgotten something while fitting the door panels back. Anyways, get it checked once.
Well, in my car, once the car starts moving, the doors autolock. After that if you open the door (at a signal or anywhere) & then close it & press the driver door's lever, the central lock does work.

But if I have not moved the car AT ALL, then it wont budge inside & it refuses to lock.
Old 13th April 2011, 09:30   #3327
BHPian

Hi,

Can anyone of you who owns a recent Punto 90hp please confirm on the status of REAR FOOT LEVEL AC VENTS?

I am getting confused day-by-day as physical brochures provided by 2 dealers in Mumbai have no mention of such vents in the Feature list while a new one received from Wasan, Chembur has it. Even Fiat website feature list mentions such vents being provided on all Puntos. Can this be a typo?
Old 13th April 2011, 09:37   #3328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SankalpDesai View Post
Hi,

Can anyone of you who owns a recent Punto 90hp please confirm on the status of REAR FOOT LEVEL AC VENTS?

I am getting confused day-by-day as physical brochures provided by 2 dealers in Mumbai have no mention of such vents in the Feature list while a new one received from Wasan, Chembur has it. Even Fiat website feature list mentions such vents being provided on all Puntos. Can this be a typo?
No Sankalp, it's not a typo. The body being used for all Puntos is the same, irrespective of the engine. The foot vents are present on all variants of the Punto without exception. FIAT just likes to makes us discover these things by accident and then, gasp in pleasure!
Old 13th April 2011, 12:13   #3329
Senior - BHPian

I think the rear foot level AC vents have been added to the "official" feature list only after the slight variant modification that has come about in recent days. But they were always there on all versions of Punto since day one.

Some other things that I think have been added to the brochure over time, but were always there are
a) Passenger Airbag de-activation on the E-pack
b) Rear Seat Metal Back on all variants
c) Specific door opening warning on all variants
d) Auto down function on all power windows
e) Speed sensitive volume adjustment on E and E-pack

One thing i have noticed is the latest brochure mentions only 4-speakers, while earlier ones said 6-speakers. There was some discussion earlier about which versions got the tweeters. Somebody who is taking delivery of a E-pack Punto in the coming days please check whether the tweeters are still available or have been dropped.

Among features dropped, the ash tray and cigarette lighter seem to have been dropped some time last year.
Old 13th April 2011, 14:29   #3330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_klm View Post
^^ What is that FIAT doing with TATA cars.
AFAIK they are only providing engines.
Are you saying FIAT is involved in the R&D section of TATA
Manza and Vista are manifactured in FIAT plant in Ranjangaon.

When we had been to FIAT plant we had seen them "in flesh" on the assembly line.

As a matter of fact - Linea, Punto and Manza share same assembly line, there are three robotic arms which are programmed for each car.

Palio has a different assembly line.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks