Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2012, 17:18   #4816
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relativity View Post
Does anybody here have a door rattle issue with their 2012 Punto, especially the 90HP?
It is there on the front right door and sounds like there are stones trapped inside the door. I am taking it to TASS tomorrow but I heard a few 2012 owners complaining about it.
I have a 90hp and my front left door has this faint rattle. Has taken it to the A.S.S. many times but has never been solved.
Old 27th April 2012, 20:01   #4817
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relativity
Does anybody here have a door rattle issue with their 2012 Punto, especially the 90HP?
It is there on the front right door and sounds like there are stones trapped inside the door. I am taking it to TASS tomorrow but I heard a few 2012 owners complaining about it.
I had a faint krrrrr krrrrr noise from rear left door of my month old Linea. I havent heard that in the past week, even though I did not take any action.

Get the door pad opened and use 3M tape to fix any loose wires / connectors.
Old 27th April 2012, 22:04   #4818
Senior - BHPian

Left Door Panel of My Linea Started Rattling after ICEing,and this is after using 2 Damping sheets,and with the music playing,it used to rattle badly with every beat.
Did a DIY-Took out the left side power window switch,took lots of foam,and pushed it between the door and panel,voila no more rattles,even with midbass kicking really hard.
Old 27th April 2012, 23:51   #4819
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridharj View Post
Yes, but it seems it's going to be real hard to build a relationship with ***. I will keep tracking them to make sure that they have placed an order.

Thanks,
Sridhar
Sridhar,
Sorry about your Punto.

I had given my Punto in VST Ponamalle for bodyshop repair when an auto stuck between my car and mahindra maxximo.
They took 4 weeks to get my alloy wheel replaced, mean while they fixed the left door and got a new bumper.
During delivery, I noticed that they had broken my left headlight.
Blasted left & right to get the headlight replaced free of cost.

Rajesh doesn't follow up properly and don't expect any professional behaviour.
They asked to me sign the satisfactory form on day 1, when I gave my car for repair.
It took 1 week for the Claim Surveyor to confirm my claim and VST took 3 days after repair to send my bills to Insurance provider.
Kiruba was a SA in Mount Road branch, now moved to Poonamalle.

VST Ponamalle doesn't accept cards (debit/credit), so ensure you have cash to pay them

Get the VST manager's numbers and keep the SA on their toes.

Here are their numbers

Loganathan - Team Lead - 94440 82883
NandaKumar - 98401 81181
Venkatesh - Mgr - 95661 87111

They have fused my headlight and fog lights bulbs and I have to replace then after taking my car.

Good Luck in getting your car back. Ensure that you inspect the vehicle before you take from them.

Last edited by Dine : 28th April 2012 at 00:03. Reason: typo
Dine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2012, 10:24   #4820
BHPian

Quote:
This seems to be common issue with 2012 Puntos.
I have similar issue with my 75HP Punto.

Do share your TASS experience & what they do to fix this.

Quoting my own post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.MJet View Post
Hi All,
I am observing a rattling sound from all four doors of my New Punto D 1.3.
The rattle is from the door assembly.
It is more from right back door & left front door. The sound is thin & can be heard when car moves through some uneven road.

Probably this sound was there for quite some time, but I observed last late evening when driving with music & a/c off.

Car is just one month old & done only 1600 Kms.
Old 28th April 2012, 11:21   #4821
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by igsuresh View Post
Somebody kindly advise on the tyres. I have a 1.4E+ and have done 14k in the last 1.5 years. I am still on the stock 195/60 R15 Goodyear GT3 88T tyres. I had never really paid a lot of attention to the tyres thus far, but just noticed today that the treads on the front left tyre are kind of showing some wear and tear. Though it is not anywhere near replaceable levels, I just want to know from fellow punto owners on what's the average life span for the stock tyres.

Just for information, my daily run is around 22 kms, of which 16km is on highway, and driving style is not very sporty. I take care of the RPMs to be in the 2k-2.5k range, driving at around 80-90 kph.
My dad drives Punto 100-120km everyday on chandigarh -ludhiana highway.Genrally drives at 70-80km/hr.The stock tyres 195/60 R15 lasts very long. 1 front tyre was replaced at 45000km because of alignment problem.Swapped the front other tyre on alloy wheels with tyre on Stepney and the remaining two were replaced at 65000km.
Old 28th April 2012, 12:42   #4822
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
I have a 90hp and my front left door has this faint rattle. Has taken it to the A.S.S. many times but has never been solved.
Quote:
Yes. And its really irritating!

The left door has that rattle, and its getting worse by the day. Started like some small stones rolling around somewhere, and now its feeling like the glass itself is rattling. A.S.S was of no use in resolving this!

Even the right door has started developing this rattle!

Never expected rattles in a Punto!
Old 28th April 2012, 13:38   #4823
BHPian

I am taking it to Bosch Car Care Center in Adyar. I have read good reviews about them and apparently TASS hasn't been able to fix the rattle issues of anybody so far.
Somebody here suggested that the door panel be removed and any loose wires etc be taped with 3M tape.
Old 28th April 2012, 15:21   #4824
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
The left door has that rattle, and its getting worse by the day. Started like some small stones rolling around somewhere, and now its feeling like the glass itself is rattling. A.S.S was of no use in resolving this!

Even the right door has started developing this rattle!
There were two issues with my Punto
As observed by you, rattle from right door, similar to a stone rolling around.

Got this fixed by TASS.
Admission of the issue was prompt & was fixed in 15 minutes.
A loose clip holding the speaker was the culprit.

The other one is similar rattling observed by others here.
And you are right, it is somwhere from door assembly / glass itself & is increasing by the day.

Will get this checked during my first service.
Old 28th April 2012, 15:31   #4825
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Try few steps to resolve it yourself if you can DIY.

There are three things which mostly makes rattly noises in a Punto door.

1. Window switch- You can remove it and drive around to see if the noise is still there. If this is the culprit then you have to pull the locking clips on the switch frame e.i. expand the clips so they tightly fit in it's place.

2. Door handle from inside has a cable attached to it. There is a plastic lock which holds it inside the door frame and this one is mostly the culprit in untraceable noise.

3. Speakers are riveted and they don't come loose but still check it. Sometimes the plastic sheet under the door card can interfere with the speaker if its not properly glued to the door.

4. If the door card is a bit loose at certain places and hitting against the door frame. Then either change the plastic clips on it or use double sided tape and use only one side of it's sticky surface to attach it on the door card. It will provide cushioning to stop the rattle.
Randhawa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2012, 18:19   #4826
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dine View Post
Sridhar,
Sorry about your Punto.

I had given my Punto in VST Ponamalle for bodyshop repair when an auto stuck between my car and mahindra maxximo.
They took 4 weeks to get my alloy wheel replaced, mean while they fixed the left door and got a new bumper.
During delivery, I noticed that they had broken my left headlight.
Blasted left & right to get the headlight replaced free of cost.

Rajesh doesn't follow up properly and don't expect any professional behaviour.
They asked to me sign the satisfactory form on day 1, when I gave my car for repair.
It took 1 week for the Claim Surveyor to confirm my claim and VST took 3 days after repair to send my bills to Insurance provider.
Kiruba was a SA in Mount Road branch, now moved to Poonamalle.

VST Ponamalle doesn't accept cards (debit/credit), so ensure you have cash to pay them

Get the VST manager's numbers and keep the SA on their toes.

Here are their numbers

Loganathan - Team Lead - 94440 82883
NandaKumar - 98401 81181
Venkatesh - Mgr - 95661 87111

They have fused my headlight and fog lights bulbs and I have to replace then after taking my car.

Good Luck in getting your car back. Ensure that you inspect the vehicle before you take from them.
Hi Dine,

Thanks for the information. One of our forum members Mr. Ramesh gave me the GM number and I spoke to him few times. Even though he seems to be a nice guy people work under him are very much unprofessional.

I had a strong conversation with GM last week and things started to move and even after frequent calls to the body shop manager they have ordered the parts only today.

He too informed that it will take around 10 days to receive the parts and if you can speak with any of the Fiat top brass we might get the parts within a week. I'm not very sure about this, but I got the part numbers and the order number and sent an e-mail explaining the whole thing to Mr. Mangesh Kodalkar. I'm not sure how it's going to pan out from here.

The SA Kiruba has been again transferred to Mount Road and this guy Rajesh is one heck of liar.

I will also make sure to check the car before taking delivery as these guys got the signature of the delivery note on the first day itself.

It's really hard to deal with these people and I really pity people who own a fiat and do not have access to forum like Team-BHP or the contact information of Fiat top brass.

Once again, thanks for the info bro.

Thanks,
Sridhar
Old 30th April 2012, 13:12   #4827
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by autocrat View Post
I had a faint krrrrr krrrrr noise from rear left door of my month old Linea. I havent heard that in the past week, even though I did not take any action.

Get the door pad opened and use 3M tape to fix any loose wires / connectors.
I had a similar issue ( left front door) and got it fixed last week. The SA told it was due to some link rod issue.
sbkumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2012, 00:20   #4828
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbkumar View Post
I had a similar issue ( left front door) and got it fixed last week. The SA told it was due to some link rod issue.
Link rod issue is different.

Even I had the same link rod issue within a week or two of taking delivery. Started as a feeble sound from the front left wheel well - and developed into a bad thud sound later.

The sounds we were referring to - earlier in this page - are definitely from the plastics inside the car, and not from the wheel well.
Old 2nd May 2012, 06:23   #4829
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR

Even I had the same link rod issue within a week or two of taking delivery. Started as a feeble sound from the front left wheel well - and developed into a bad thud sound later.

The sounds we were referring to - earlier in this page - are definitely from the plastics inside the car, and not from the wheel well.
I think kumars SA meant linkage and not link rod, referring to the locking linkages
Old 2nd May 2012, 10:13   #4830
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocrat View Post
I think kumars SA meant linkage and not link rod, referring to the locking linkages
For me it remained the same way for the entire duration of six months...very feeble rattle.. similar to those we get when some plastic is not fixed firmly.. i tried to explain it to the SA at the time of second service but failed in making him feel it. But fortunately this time around it got fixed...

Got another question, I was asked to change the brake pad (odo at 24k kms ). Is this normal or do I need to look at my driving style?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks