Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2012, 14:23   #4801
BHPian

Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by igsuresh View Post
Somebody kindly advise on the tyres. I have a 1.4E+ and have done 14k in the last 1.5 years. I am still on the stock 195/60 R15 Goodyear GT3 88T tyres. I had never really paid a lot of attention to the tyres thus far, but just noticed today that the treads on the front left tyre are kind of showing some wear and tear. Though it is not anywhere near replaceable levels, I just want to know from fellow punto owners on what's the average life span for the stock tyres.

Just for information, my daily run is around 22 kms, of which 16km is on highway, and driving style is not very sporty. I take care of the RPMs to be in the 2k-2.5k range, driving at around 80-90 kph.
GT3 can easily last 40k kms. If there is uneven tyre wear check the alignment imemdiately.
Old 25th April 2012, 15:53   #4802
Senior - BHPian

I agree with Soccerfan. GT3 lasts long. A friend of mine has GT3 in his Linea and he has now comleted 47k on the odo. It may still be good for another 5k kms.
rameshnanda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2012, 18:51   #4803
BHPian

Gents,

I have a question. I have been made to understand by the Dealer that plastic parts are not covered under warranty. Pls enlighten . where can i find this information in owners manual or is there any separate booklet for warranty terms & conditions.
Old 25th April 2012, 18:58   #4804
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar
Gents,

I have a question. I have been made to understand by the Dealer that plastic parts are not covered under warranty. Pls enlighten . where can i find this information in owners manual or is there any separate booklet for warranty terms & conditions.
I got the rear shelf tray along with those bits on the corners replaced so I know they are covered unless you brake them then they are not. It's a grey area so you have to be a bit pushy to get plastic things replaced.
Randhawa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2012, 19:01   #4805
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PremjitS View Post
Indeed it does

The washer is the little red bumper on the rear middle stop light on the. It's on the left side of the stop light.
My 2012 Punto MJD has an issue with rear wash where water does not spurt out, could anyone help me out how to troubleshoot this problem myself. i am unable to figure out the jet opening from where the water is splashed, i tried looking near to the left hand side tail light assembly but could not figure out the same. Right now no water comes out when i tried to do a wash electrically..

There is a general impression from a 2011 Punto owner (90HP) who says he is able to feel the speed in the 2012 Punto 75HP model when cruising in 100kph as against his 2011 Punto, where the speed masking was done better where in that it feels like he is doing only around 80kph .. Is this because of the increased ground clearance on the 2012 models.

I had new seat covers put recently on my car and ever since there are small rattles and squeaks coming out in general from the cabin while on the move and when the car makes on rough patches. I am unable to figure out from where the sound actually comes from .. can it rectified.. please help me in resolving the same.
Old 25th April 2012, 19:17   #4806
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randhawa View Post
I got the rear shelf tray along with those bits on the corners replaced so I know they are covered unless you brake them then they are not. It's a grey area so you have to be a bit pushy to get plastic things replaced.
Exactly around that area , they are saying that plastic parts are not covered under warranty. anyways Will make their life hell if they didn;t replace under warranty. Any ideas where can i download the warranty terms and conditions.

Another point is that bit of paint has chopped off from the running board ( a Stone has hit there , not sure if it got chopped off due to that or not ) but dealer guys are asking me to cover it under insurance. I was of the opinion that paint has 5 years of warranty and is it so delicate that a simple stone hit can chop it off exposing the metal inside.

Must say , I am having a field day dealing with these TASS guys .
Old 25th April 2012, 19:32   #4807
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Exactly around that area , they are saying that plastic parts are not covered under warranty. anyways Will make their life hell if they didn;t replace under warranty. Any ideas where can i download the warranty terms and conditions.

Another point is that bit of paint has chopped off from the running board ( a Stone has hit there , not sure if it got chopped off due to that or not ) but dealer guys are asking me to cover it under insurance. I was of the opinion that paint has 5 years of warranty and is it so delicate that a simple stone hit can chop it off exposing the metal inside.

Must say , I am having a field day dealing with these TASS guys .
You should be able to prove it that the plastic part has manufacturing fault only then they will replace it.

With the paint you can't do much because it has chipped, only rust and perforation is covered under warranty.

Your must have got three booklets when you got the car, one of them explains the warranty details quite nicely.
Randhawa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2012, 19:59   #4808
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
I was of the opinion that paint has 5 years of warranty and is it so delicate that a simple stone hit can chop it off exposing the metal inside.
Paint warranty does not cover scratches etc. Paint (be it on any surface of any vehicle) cannot act as a barrier against physical force. A simple stone can create considerable damage; a water melon thrown at a car can almost destroy the car if it is traveling at 80 mph.

HowStuffWorks "What if I threw a penny off the Empire State Building?"
sandeepmdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2012, 20:05   #4809
BHPian

it;s not a scratch. I fully understand the difference between a scratch and a paint chop off. it appears that mentioning of stone hit has created some confusion.

a scratch will either be continuous or in Some shape and one can make out clearly of same. In my case , around .5 cm ;s ( if one takes it in circle) has shopped off .I don;t agree that a stone hit when the car is with in speed of 40 can make the paint to chop off. anyways i am not going ahead with it. will get it done outside .
.sushilkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2012, 22:02   #4810
BHPian

Quote:
it;s not a scratch. I fully understand the difference between a scratch and a paint chop off. it appears that mentioning of stone hit has created some confusion.

a scratch will either be continuous or in Some shape and one can make out clearly of same. In my case , around .5 cm ;s ( if one takes it in circle) has shopped off .I don;t agree that a stone hit when the car is with in speed of 40 can make the paint to chop off. anyways i am not going ahead with it. will get it done outside .
Sushil,

Cover the affected area with good quality touch up paint or nail polish after degreasing and dehydrating the surface, to prevent rust formation.

Also, its a good idea to post some pictures wherever possible so bhpians can know what is the exact nature of damage.
autocrat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2012, 08:41   #4811
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramr9 View Post
I had new seat covers put recently on my car and ever since there are small rattles and squeaks coming out in general from the cabin while on the move and when the car makes on rough patches. I am unable to figure out from where the sound actually comes from .. can it rectified.. please help me in resolving the same.
Did they remove the seat assembly to put the seat covers? Then it is suspect as they have delicate installation procedure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
I don;t agree that a stone hit when the car is with in speed of 40 can make the paint to chop off. anyways i am not going ahead with it. will get it done outside .
Please post pictures!!
Old 26th April 2012, 14:04   #4812
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocrat View Post
Sushil,
Cover the affected area with good quality touch up paint or nail polish after degreasing and dehydrating the surface, to prevent rust formation.
Also, its a good idea to post some pictures wherever possible so bhpians can know what is the exact nature of damage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Please post pictures!!
Thanks for the advice autocrat. Unfortunately car is not with me right now. will try to post picture once i have the car.

Another advice is need is wrt to change of fuel filter . I am being charged 2200+ for same . (part no 0059116318) . is this correct since bills posted for 2nd service posted by Bhpians shows this as 1600 + for fuel sensor without sensor DSL (part no 0059116319). they are changing some sensor as well along side, which in my opinion should be covered under warranty as it;s not a consumable. is this correct .
Old 26th April 2012, 15:48   #4813
BHPian

My Punto completed it;s second service today . dealer has finally agreed to replace plastic part under warranty after lots of phone calls but a firm voice with logical reasoning did the trick and they have placed order for the part now . hopefully it will be replaced soon.

Total Bill for 2 nd service is Rs 4960. Personally followed up with SA on phone and made sure that they do ECU scan for errors , Wheel rotation and balancing for free. Will scan and post the Bill tomorrow for others benefit on this thread.

would rate service experience As just Average . IMO key with these dealer is to be knowledgeable about car and question them wherever you suspect foul play else they are ever ready to take you on long ride. IMO i saved At least 1000 Rs with all the knowledge about punto i gained from T-bhp.

A special thanks to GTO & team for maintaining this forum .
Old 27th April 2012, 09:22   #4814
Senior - BHPian

@.sushilkumar: Please upload the service bill - My car is completing one year next month, so a scheduled service is coming up.
Old 27th April 2012, 16:54   #4815
BHPian

Does anybody here have a door rattle issue with their 2012 Punto, especially the 90HP?
It is there on the front right door and sounds like there are stones trapped inside the door. I am taking it to TASS tomorrow but I heard a few 2012 owners complaining about it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks