Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2011, 20:05   #3436
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
I think this thread should clear the air.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...w-lighter.html
I did check that thread, and also compared the brochures. And as has been discussed in that thread, only one of the models got lighter by 60kgs, some as less as 30kg. Thus the stabiliser bar, which disappeared on all the models, must have been less than that.
Old 9th June 2011, 22:08   #3437
BHPian

@theexperthand,congratulations on buying best hatchback available in india.As regards color you are probably first owner of T-wine punto on team -bhp.There is no doubt that the more you drive this car the more you become enamoured with it.Oh ,I forgot to add that the color of your baby is really awesome .Take good care of your baby for atleast initial 3000kms and keep the rpms below 2500,ignoring what some people would say about it
blueblooded is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2011, 23:07   #3438
Senior - BHPian

When I opened the bonnet of our Fiat Punto to top up the wiper washer fluid in the morning, my heartbeats skipped few times on seeing this.

On careful observation, none of the wires, pipes and hoses didn't seem to be damaged. Thank God!

Dear rat, we're gonna make you and your gang suffer for what you've done to our Fiat GP! We managed to kill 3 rats so far! *We rule*

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-248318_2110554327329_1349744775_2500466_7227793_n.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueblooded View Post
...you are probably first owner of T-wine punto on team -bhp.
err...We do have a couple of Tuscan Wine Fiat Punto owners over here. manish7, Sks_Biker, chittybang, h@r$h@l, WasavaTyres, Reisender to name a few.
Old 10th June 2011, 01:34   #3439
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

Just a small query on the punto. The car is running fine and no issues as such. The mileage has dropped to about 12 kmpl in city and about 18 kmpl on highways. May be the summers.

The issue that is bothering me most is the music system. The audio quality is pathetic. Any one who has changed the speakers? Has the sound quality improved? Any suggestions for speakers? Also, a new issue has come up. Since last few days every time I turn on my car the system switches to MEDIA PLAYER as default even when there is no usb device connected.

What could be the problem here? And what's the solution. I remember someone had shown me a link to update the B&M software. A re post will be much appreciated. May the software update might resolve this issue.
Old 10th June 2011, 01:58   #3440
Senior - BHPian

that's a glitch I'm the system. You must have connected your ipod etc to the USB and now, even when the device is not plugged, it switches to media player.
Under settings/media player/ select autoplay off.
This should solve it. the newer version of blue n me solves this problem
Old 10th June 2011, 08:27   #3441
Senior - BHPian

Re: Jai - the T.Wine Punto 1.3 MJD Active

Quote:
Originally Posted by vshetty View Post
I would recommend you slip out those Garware's and go in for V-Kool, because the amount you spend getting those great heat reducing films, you will save much more in the long-run by the reduced usage of A/C.
Thank you. Yeah, getting 3M or V-kool is there in the list of pending upgrades.

How do you find the the a\c? May be since I got the car after the summer days, I find the a\c a chiller. I start with 3 and usually settled for 2 now a days. May be when summer strikes back, I will feel the heat

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueblooded View Post
@theexperthand,congratulations on buying best hatchback available in india.As regards color you are probably first owner of T-wine punto on team -bhp.
Thak you for the wishes, @blueblooded. There are more than a couple of T.Wine Puntos in Team-Bhp, as @Klub_Class have pointed out. According to the showroom guys, T.Wine and White are the most sought after color now a days, though I do not really know it is true.

Last edited by theexperthand : 10th June 2011 at 08:31.
Old 10th June 2011, 11:13   #3442
BHPian

The A/C will suffice for our conditions including summers, not a worry. But yeah 3M or VKool is a must, however evaluate your parking conditions especially during the day time, if many a time the car is in the open it is recommended to get the front windscreen film as well.

Good sun-films along with A/c will keep your interior plastics and fabric in good shape.

One advice, if i may, when you remove those plastics off your seats do it carefully and conserve them, because when you drop your car for service, or go to those accessory showrooms for your upgrades and installs they are bound to get dirty and those plastics will come of use to you.
vshetty is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2011, 11:42   #3443
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vshetty View Post

One advice, if i may, when you remove those plastics off your seats do it carefully and conserve them, because when you drop your car for service, or go to those accessory showrooms for your upgrades and installs they are bound to get dirty and those plastics will come of use to you.
oops, the first thing I did after coming home was to remove those horrible plastic covers and I did not preserve them.

I have plans to upgrade the sun film and I will definitely think about the front windscreen sun film too.

Do any of us have any idea about the time taken \ cost for ordering the spare keys. I plan to visit Concord during weekend to check it out, but it will be really helpful if any of you have an experience\information to share.
Old 10th June 2011, 15:05   #3444
Distinguished - BHPian

One question for all those who have taken delivery of their Punto recently - Did the showroom deliver a car cover if it was promised at the time of delivery?

This was one of the things that the sales person had committed when I bought my Punto at Concorde Motors, Cochin. Despite having received the car in March there is no sign of the cover and the constant excuse from the showroom is that they are not receiving stock from Fiat and dont know when it will arrive.
Old 10th June 2011, 15:29   #3445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Guys,

The issue that is bothering me most is the music system. The audio quality is pathetic. Any one who has changed the speakers? Has the sound quality improved? Any suggestions for speakers? Also, a new issue has come up. Since last few days every time I turn on my car the system switches to MEDIA PLAYER as default even when there is no usb device connected.

What could be the problem here? And what's the solution. I remember someone had shown me a link to update the B&M software. A re post will be much appreciated. May the software update might resolve this issue.
My friend has upgraded the speakers in his Punto with Hertz 6 inches on all four doors and he seems to be mighty pleased with them. Sound quality has increased with decent thump, crispness and quality. Though at low volumes at around 2-4 levels the volume is less but after level 5 its very good.

I too have upgraded the speaker setup in my Linea with JBL component system in front and coaxials in rear doors, though they are better than earlier but not as good as my friend's Punto.

A simple 2 channel amp is recommended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
that's a glitch I'm the system. You must have connected your ipod etc to the USB and now, even when the device is not plugged, it switches to media player.
Under settings/media player/ select autoplay off.
This should solve it. the newer version of blue n me solves this problem
With respect to the Media Player issue, B&M is designed like that, it first checks for USB or iPod while booting the system and often when it doesn't find it is not able to default to FM. There's a way to avoid this issue - before removing the USB or iPod from the car, using the Voice just say Stop Media and you will hear a confirmation - either Stopped or Media Stopped. Remove USB stick afterwards. You should not face a problem.
Old 10th June 2011, 15:32   #3446
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekshukla View Post
My friend has upgraded the speakers in his Punto with Hertz 6 inches on all four doors and he seems to be mighty pleased with them. Sound quality has increased with decent thump, crispness and quality. Though at low volumes at around 2-4 levels the volume is less but after level 5 its very good.

I too have upgraded the speaker setup in my Linea with JBL component system in front and coaxials in rear doors, though they are better than earlier but not as good as my friend's Punto.

A simple 2 channel amp is recommended.

With respect to the Media Player issue, B&M is designed like that, it first checks for USB or iPod while booting the system and often when it doesn't find it is not able to default to FM. There's a way to avoid this issue - before removing the USB or iPod from the car, using the Voice just say Stop Media and you will hear a confirmation - either Stopped or Media Stopped. Remove USB stick afterwards. You should not face a problem.
Thanks for your update Vivek. Could you get more details about the speaker set up from your friend (model, price etc). I am really irritated by the current setup and want to change ASAP. EP+ has 4 speakers + 2 twitters and i want to get rid of the OEM setup and get a new one. 3 odd months ago i was quoted about 7.5k for JBL component system in front and coaxials in rear doors.

Thanks.
Old 10th June 2011, 15:41   #3447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Thanks for your update Vivek. Could you get more details about the speaker set up from your friend (model, price etc). I am really irritated by the current setup and want to change ASAP. EP+ has 4 speakers + 2 twitters and i want to get rid of the OEM setup and get a new one. 3 odd months ago i was quoted about 7.5k for JBL component system in front and coaxials in rear doors.

Thanks.
EP+ has only 4 and very tinny speakers (similar to those Philips radios some zillion years ago) and no tweeters. The grille that you see next to door lock handles is just a place holder and there are no tweeters there.

The speakers are Hertz Dieci 6" coaxials in all 4 doors and some American sound dampening material and it costed him 8.5k in Delhi. He didn't take component speakers as it was costing more.
Old 10th June 2011, 16:14   #3448
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
One question for all those who have taken delivery of their Punto recently - Did the showroom deliver a car cover if it was promised at the time of delivery?

This was one of the things that the sales person had committed when I bought my Punto at Concorde Motors, Cochin. Despite having received the car in March there is no sign of the cover and the constant excuse from the showroom is that they are not receiving stock from Fiat and dont know when it will arrive.
Neil, I was promised the Car cover but it was out of stock when i took the delivery. Since I already had a spare car cover at my home, I converted the offer to a new car cover for my Vista and the dealership have promised me that they will get it as soon as possible.

Based on my previous experience with the same dealership (Hyson motors, Kodungalloor) I am sure they will deliver it as soon as they get them.

In your case, i find it a bit hard to believe that they have not received car covers from March - if you want to double check, ask any of your friends to call up the same showroom and try to purchase the car cover. You will get to know the clear picture then.

Last edited by theexperthand : 10th June 2011 at 16:16.
Old 11th June 2011, 20:48   #3449
Senior - BHPian

Spotted a 90HP MJD Punto today (BNW) with those red body graphics stickers sold the Fiat as an accessory. Interesting way to spend ~6K
Old 12th June 2011, 17:07   #3450
BHPian

Dear Friends ,
My Punto got hit by a stone on the front bumper right side bottom . I have attached the picture for your reference. Now i wanted to know
1) can the fiat service people repair it by pushing the dent out & then paint & get it right

2) Or replacing the bumper the only option to restore to original condition

need an advice & valuable suggestions from your side so that i can go for the right thing
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-12062011001.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-12062011002.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks