Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2011, 13:31   #3526
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
I can't think of anything else that would cause a 1000rpm rise.
If you cant think of anything, then it hasnt happened. The answer is pretty simple, either the speed or the rpm shown in the meters is wrong.
Old 19th July 2011, 13:38   #3527
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by julupani View Post
If you cant think of anything, then it hasnt happened. The answer is pretty simple, either the speed or the rpm shown in the meters is wrong.
But it has happened. And a slipping clutch is much more likely than that 40kmph speedo error.
Old 19th July 2011, 13:55   #3528
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But it has happened. And a slipping clutch is much more likely than that 40kmph speedo error.
What I meant was, there is no loss of rpms. And why do you think a speedo error is not possible, or even a tacho error for that matter.

Remember, these meters are no longer mechanical, but electronic. Thus there could definitely be an error in in speedo as high as 40kph. There is less chance, but could even be a tachometer error.
Old 19th July 2011, 16:23   #3529
BHPian

Guys, I have a small issue with my car, the back left tyre is almost gone and as flat as road, due to issues in wheel balancing, for which I had complained before and service center guys said that they have resolved it, but as I see they have not, can tyre be replaced under warranty if there is a faulty wheel balance?
Old 19th July 2011, 16:32   #3530
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
Guys, I have a small issue with my car, the back left tyre is almost gone and as flat as road, due to issues in wheel balancing, for which I had complained before and service center guys said that they have resolved it, but as I see they have not, can tyre be replaced under warranty if there is a faulty wheel balance?
Sorry man, tyres are not covered under warranty. Only if you have a very good rappot with the dealer, you might get it replaced, otherwise you'll have to pay for it.
Old 19th July 2011, 17:27   #3531
Senior - BHPian

Pointless koshun:

How do I turn on the reverse light of Punto? I know they turn on when I engage the reverse gear, but what if it is raining heavily while I am driving and I want to turn on them as a warning to those who drives behind me?

on second thoughts, even if I managed to turn it on, will it be visible?

Last edited by theexperthand : 19th July 2011 at 17:37.
Old 19th July 2011, 17:37   #3532
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
How do I turn on the rear fog light of Punto? I know they gets turn on when I engage the reverse gear, but what if it is raining heavily while I am driving and I want to turn on the fog light as a warning to those who drives behind me?

[ I am talking about the reverse light cum fog lamp which is on the rear bumper - not about the red fog lamp in the rear light cluster ]
The lamp you are talking about is just reverse light + reflector.The fog lamp is only the right hand side red bright lamp, it is a high power bulb and has good visibility .

There is no way other than reverse gear to switch on the left side yellow lamp
ms001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2011, 17:44   #3533
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
The lamp you are talking about is just reverse light + reflector.The fog lamp is only the right hand side red bright lamp, it is a high power bulb and has good visibility .

yes, I realized that I need to be more clear in asking and edited the post. Sorry about the the confusion - I was asking about that reverse light.
Old 19th July 2011, 18:04   #3534
Senior - BHPian

I am sorry to ask this, but my question is why do you want to turn your reverse warning light on for visibility.

You already have four tail lamp bulbs, one high mount LED brake lamp and one rear fog lamp for rear visibility.
julupani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2011, 18:05   #3535
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post

Yes there is a switch to turn on the fog lamp, mine is Active so the switch is above the central AC vents, in higher varients its on the left side along with Menu, I have turned on fog lamp without engaging reverse gear.
asdon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2011, 18:31   #3536
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
Pointless koshun:

How do I turn on the reverse light of Punto? I know they turn on when I engage the reverse gear, but what if it is raining heavily while I am driving and I want to turn on them as a warning to those who drives behind me?

Please dont do that, even if it's possible. You will make matters worse as a car which suddenly comes behind you may panic thinking you are reversing (if your car is standstill or something), especially in heavy rains or fog.

I really get irritated when many people use the hazard lights when it's raining! For GOD's sake, use the fog lights. Hazard lights have a different meaning.
raj_5004 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th July 2011, 19:24   #3537
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
What I meant was, there is no loss of rpms. And why do you think a speedo error is not possible, or even a tacho error for that matter.

Remember, these meters are no longer mechanical, but electronic. Thus there could definitely be an error in in speedo as high as 40kph. There is less chance, but could even be a tachometer error.
I know they are electronic. But remember test drive cars are abused a lot so its very likely the clutch could have been busted on this car.
Old 19th July 2011, 19:30   #3538
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
No you'll have to pay for the tire. Was the tire worn from one edge first and then wore out totally? If thats the case, In addition to the wheel alignment, You MUST also get camber adjusted. Specifically mention it to some outside wheel alignment center and get it done.
Old 19th July 2011, 19:53   #3539
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I know they are electronic. But remember test drive cars are abused a lot so its very likely the clutch could have been busted on this car.
I doubt that a clutch which slips so badly at higher rpms would leave the car in a drivable condition. Dont you think you would end up stalling such a car while starting itself. Once the car is upto speed even the worst condition clutch will slowly but surely stop losing so many rpms if you give it a few mins to settle down.
Old 19th July 2011, 19:55   #3540
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I doubt that a clutch which slips so badly at higher rpms would leave the car in a drivable condition. Dont you think you would end up stalling such a car while starting itself. Once the car is upto speed even the worst condition clutch will slowly but surely stop losing so many rpms if you give it a few mins to settle down.
I don't know. None of us drove the car, so I guess its better not to speculate. We can let akshay4587 comment after he drives another car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks