Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2010, 11:41   #2776
BHPian

Has anyone bought ( or thinking of buying ) the new accessories for the Punto that have been updated in the FIAT site? I was checking them yesterday and some of them look very tempting.
Old 15th September 2010, 12:02   #2777
BHPian

The aluminium pedals are just awesome, though a bit pricey - they are the same as on the Punto Sports. Guess they are imported
Old 16th September 2010, 00:10   #2778
Senior - BHPian

OT;

I got 13 sms from Fiat today in an hour stating there's a 55k discount on Fiat cars this September. Any idea what's this about?
Old 16th September 2010, 00:51   #2779
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
Has anyone bought ( or thinking of buying ) the new accessories for the Punto that have been updated in the FIAT site? I was checking them yesterday and some of them look very tempting.
Arey they available at dealerhships in Blore ? Not much is available at dearlerships in NCR atleast the ones I looked up. (Sanya Motors & RAMA Motors). I keep getting the response that the stuff has been ordered but hasn't reached.
Old 16th September 2010, 06:52   #2780
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
OT;

I got 13 sms from Fiat today in an hour stating there's a 55k discount on Fiat cars this September. Any idea what's this about?
Whoa! We're in same boat brother. I too got 13 sms from Fiat.

Here is the sms that I got (sharing it for the benefit of other T-BHPians.) :

Quote:
Drive home a Fiat Grande Punto this September and enjoy amazing benefits of upto Rs.55000.For more details please call 1800 209 5556. T&C apply.
Sorry for the OT post.

Amith

Last edited by Klub Class : 16th September 2010 at 06:53.
Old 16th September 2010, 11:36   #2781
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by better4worse View Post
Arey they available at dealerhships in Blore ? Not much is available at dearlerships in NCR atleast the ones I looked up. (Sanya Motors & RAMA Motors). I keep getting the response that the stuff has been ordered but hasn't reached.
I'm going to check out if KHT Motors has got any of these accessories during this weekend. They told me around one month back that they will arrive soon. On another note, I had ordered a Tyvek cover more than 3 months back from them and they are still not able to get it. I have decided to take the normal cover now as i have to park my car in the open.
Old 16th September 2010, 11:49   #2782
BHPian

Hi All,

I was enquiring about the Grande Punto MJD Active with Prerana Motors, Lalbagh Bangalore.

Just out of curiosity, I asked the Sales guy Mr. Syed, If ABS fitment would be possible on Active Variant (said I'm willing to pay for it).

He took some time, checked with service presonnel and Called me to say YES....!

I never knew this could be possible. I mean..as far i know it is just not putting an ECU and the Braking Hardware (), the In vehicle network Management (CAN) may needs changes..!

Anybody ever attempted such a thing..? Does Team-BHP recommend it..despite it being a fitment from the dealer..?
Old 16th September 2010, 13:02   #2783
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidyasagar View Post
Just out of curiosity, I asked the Sales guy Mr. Syed, If ABS fitment would be possible on Active Variant (said I'm willing to pay for it).

He took some time, checked with service presonnel and Called me to say YES....!

Anybody ever attempted such a thing..? Does Team-BHP recommend it..despite it being a fitment from the dealer..?
Just my 2 cents.
I don't think it is possible at service center level to do such changes. It seems the dealership Sales Manager is either confused or is making a false statement.
Old 16th September 2010, 14:37   #2784
BHPian

I don't think it is possible to fit ABS as an aftermarket fitment and I have read another thread where it was said that it is not recommended too. I think the sales guy just wants to close the deal and is giving false information.
I would have got it done in a jiffy if it was possible .
Old 16th September 2010, 21:53   #2785
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post
Just my 2 cents.
I don't think it is possible at service center level to do such changes. It seems the dealership Sales Manager is either confused or is making a false statement.
..or trying to take him for ride. Ask him what ABS is.
Old 16th September 2010, 22:45   #2786
BHPian

Hello All,

I have spoken with the Fiat customer care. The Answer is Negative.

Upon further checking with the Gentleman who initially said yes..it turned that he was suggesting some aftermarket fitment

So..thus ends the confusion...! Its neither safe nor possible to retro fit ABS into non ABS vehicles.

Cheers
Old 23rd September 2010, 20:00   #2787
BHPian

I saw a FIAT ad on Times of India today for recruiting sales agents and managers. Are they planning to setup new independent dealerships?
Old 23rd September 2010, 21:15   #2788
Senior - BHPian

Hot. Is anyone tempted?
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-10569779051440690733.jpg  

Old 23rd September 2010, 21:32   #2789
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Hot. Is anyone tempted?
Sure Buddy...count me in..!!!

This seems like the Punto EVO version...Don't tell me Fiat is gonna launch this in India soon.

I for one..somehow like the Evo better than the Original Punto..! Similar opinions anybody..???
Old 23rd September 2010, 23:23   #2790
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidyasagar View Post
Hello All,

I have spoken with the Fiat customer care. The Answer is Negative.

Upon further checking with the Gentleman who initially said yes..it turned that he was suggesting some aftermarket fitment

So..thus ends the confusion...! Its neither safe nor possible to retro fit ABS into non ABS vehicles.

Cheers
It is safe, no question. But it is technically not feasible, as the ABS version cars have different steering knuckles, with provision for sensor fitment. In a non ABS car, you will find that that location is either left as-cast(unmachined/no "slot" to fit the sensor) or that portion is not present at all (it is additional dead weight while making the casting, taken out during a VA/VE exercise).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks