Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2010, 11:39   #2731
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
According to the new punto brochure on the website Fiat India, the tyre size for "emotion" variants was earlier 175/70 R 14. Now it has been reduced to 165 size which comes in active and dynamic models. Can someone confirm this?
I have 175/70 B250 on Punto 1.2 Emotion bought on 9th July 2010.
Old 6th September 2010, 12:48   #2732
Senior - BHPian

Here's the tech specs from the new brochure

Petrol

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-untitled1.jpg

Diesel

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-untitled2.jpg

The tyre size of active, dynamic and emotion is mentioned as 165/80 R 14.
Old 6th September 2010, 13:08   #2733
BHPian

Seems like they have downgraded the tyres in emotion model.

They used to be 175/70-R14 is EMOTION.

165/80-R14 were there in ACTIVE and DYNAMIC models.
Old 6th September 2010, 13:23   #2734
BHPian

^^
That's sad, they should not have done it.

Some updates, my car will be completing 3 months on 9th Sept and hence today dropped the car at Fortune Cars, Nerul for first service. Expected to get it back in the evening.

Completed 1900+ kms till now and the car is doing very good. Only a slight left pulling issue which is mentioned to the SA and he said he'll take care of it. Will report back after I get the car from service.
Old 6th September 2010, 15:09   #2735
BHPian

I was contemplating whether to mention this or not.

After taking delivery of my BN Punto in June, things have been largely trouble free (touch wood!). Sometime last week, I observed a strange color fading in the rear right door. It seemed to have occurred in a small area close to the door handle, which was quite noticeable and more importantly, the faded area was rough to touch compared to the other part of door where the paint was ok.

I brought this to the notice of the A.S.S in Concorde Mysore road, who promptly took pictures and notified Fiat India. I on my part lodged a complaint through their website and got a call immediately that very evening. Towards the end of last week, I gave the car in for the door repaint, which was delivered to me on Sat. The job done was good.

What I want to highlight here is, firstly, the quality of the finished product still needs improvement. This quality is what the Japanese and Koreans really excel at - surely there will be occasional issues there as well, possibly of a different nature. Though I do not want to make a mountain out of a molehill, paint fading/surface roughness was what I least expected in a premium hatch!

Secondly, the responsiveness towards resolving the problem. Unlike many who complain about the A.S.S, I found a very positive and quick response to resolve the issue and it was done quite well too. I've not yet got a call from the Fiat customer care to check on whether the issue was resolved or not, hopefully it'll happen this week.
Old 6th September 2010, 16:16   #2736
Senior - BHPian

Have the prices of Linea/Punto been revised ? When I checked the price list on the web page a few days ago - it said something like prices are not available now and will be available soon.

I checked now and the price list is available . Eg Punto E pk 75bhp costs 6.55 L ex Bangalore - is this higher than before ?
Old 6th September 2010, 18:26   #2737
Senior - BHPian

Punto 1.3 Emotion Pack has gone up by Rs2000 Ex-showroom Chandigarh.
Old 8th September 2010, 17:47   #2738
BHPian

Got the car back yesterday morning after first service. The bill was zero. They have done wheel alignment and said it was slightly out. SA said very slight move to the left cannot be termed as a 'pull to the left' and is normal, mainly due to the slope on the road. Even now there is that slight pull after 5-7 secs of leaving the steering.

Meanwhile you guys should watch this video.

Old 9th September 2010, 21:42   #2739
Senior - BHPian

My dad got a call from Fiat Italy today for feedback on the car. The conversation lasted for 40 minutes! They wanted all minute details like how much the odo read at delivery, how much it reads now, previous car, which vehicles do you compare the Punto to, service centre quality and experience, mileage, how many long trips we make, etc...and for all the problems they wanted to know after how many kilometers we noticed each problem, etc.

Dad gave negative feedback on the usual stuff - Plastic quality, fit & finish, turning radius, only 1 reverse light...

One of the questions was 'Would you still buy a Grande Punto if you were buying a car now?'. Dad said Yes

Any one else receive similar calls ?
Old 9th September 2010, 22:06   #2740
BHPian

How come your Dad got a call from Italy?
Old 9th September 2010, 22:44   #2741
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntrack View Post
How come your Dad got a call from Italy?
We have a 1.4 E pack Punto. Bought it in June 2010.
Old 10th September 2010, 00:17   #2742
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
We have a 1.4 E pack Punto. Bought it in June 2010.
Tarun, does your GP has a rear windscreen washer?
It didn't find it though it is mentioned even in the new brochure.
Old 10th September 2010, 00:50   #2743
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post
Tarun, does your GP has a rear windscreen washer?
It didn't find it though it is mentioned even in the new brochure.
For the rear windscreen washer, instead of pulling the stick towards you like to do to put on the front windscreen washer, push the stick away from you and the rear will get washed.
Old 10th September 2010, 00:56   #2744
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
For the rear windscreen washer, instead of pulling the stick towards you like to do to put on the front windscreen washer, push the stick away from you and the rear will get washed.
Apologies if this , especially after the recent mass PM! I know that rear washer is activated in the way mentioned above, and have used it many times. What I cannot fathom is where exactly is the nozzle for the same located. I have closely looked in the area of the rear spolier where the water seems to come from, but couldn't find anything!
Old 10th September 2010, 01:04   #2745
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumobom4 View Post
Apologies if this , especially after the recent mass PM! I know that rear washer is activated in the way mentioned above, and have used it many times. What I cannot fathom is where exactly is the nozzle for the same located. I have closely looked in the area of the rear spolier where the water seems to come from, but couldn't find anything!
Its not off topic buddy, dont worry. I havent really looked so cant help you with that. But here are some pics of my car, hope you like em guys.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-dsc_1037.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-dsc_1038.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-dsc_1049.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-dsc_1050.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-dsc_1051.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks