Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2010, 01:18   #2746
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Its not off topic buddy, dont worry. I havent really looked so cant help you with that. But here are some pics of my car, hope you like em guys.
Ah gorgeous pics! Where the hell in Bombay do you live man? What a glorious location! If only the water were blue, you could have pretended it was Cinque Terra! Anyway, going by the number plate font, you also seem to have bought your beauty from Concorde Motors. Have you faced a problem of the letters falling off from the number plate? Every time I drive on the Expressway, one letter or number falls off, probably due to the large amount of water it encounters due to the rains.
Old 10th September 2010, 01:46   #2747
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumobom4 View Post
Ah gorgeous pics! Where the hell in Bombay do you live man? What a glorious location! If only the water were blue, you could have pretended it was Cinque Terra! Anyway, going by the number plate font, you also seem to have bought your beauty from Concorde Motors. Have you faced a problem of the letters falling off from the number plate? Every time I drive on the Expressway, one letter or number falls off, probably due to the large amount of water it encounters due to the rains.
Haha how I wish the water was blue, but its brown

Yes the H from MH was coming off. Im just too lazy to get the high security plates which will look so much better. Also have to get some better tint before the next summer, the tint given by concorde is some useless garware tint which barely blocks any heat.
Old 10th September 2010, 02:11   #2748
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
But here are some pics of my car, hope you like em guys.
Nice Pics!! Akshay. Somehow i hate these truck like mud flaps, the reason why even in the monsoons i am driving my car without them.

Regarding the rear windshield nozzle, it's located in the top above the glass. The rear wiper automatically starts working when reverse gear is selected, even when only front wipers are switched on, I love the attention to details in lots of functions like these.
Old 10th September 2010, 02:31   #2749
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Nice Pics!! Akshay. Somehow i hate these truck like mud flaps, the reason why even in the monsoons i am driving my car without them.

Regarding the rear windshield nozzle, it's located in the top above the glass. The rear wiper automatically starts working when reverse gear is selected, even when only front wipers are switched on, I love the attention to details in lots of functions like these.
Agreed they do spoil the looks, but it wasnt my choice to get them. Luckily they dont stick out that much.

Oh dont know if ive mentioned but ive changed the speakers in my car.

Front - Illusion EL 6.1
Amp for Front - Alpine MRP-T220 2 channel
Rear - JBL GT5 5.25"
Pioneer high to low converter or something.

Sound is 5 times as good as stock at least. And the sound is bearable now, unlike the stock music system where you would rather listen to the diesel engine
Old 10th September 2010, 07:42   #2750
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post
Tarun, does your GP has a rear windscreen washer?
It didn't find it though it is mentioned even in the new brochure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Regarding the rear windshield nozzle, it's located in the top above the glass.
Yes, Fiat Grande Punto has rear windshield nozzle. It's located on the third stop lamp.

Here are some pictures of the rear windshield nozzle.

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-fiat-grande-punto_rear-windshiel-nozzle_amith-es.jpg

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-fiat-grande-punto_rear-windshiel-nozzle_1_amith-es.jpg
Quote:
Its not off topic buddy, dont worry. I havent really looked so cant help you with that. But here are some pics of my car, hope you like em guys.
You've got awesome snaps there Akshay.

I'll be waiting for more pictures from you brother. Do upload more pics.

OT: Which cam do you use?

Amith
Old 10th September 2010, 09:28   #2751
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Tarun, does your GP has a rear windscreen washer?
It didn't find it though it is mentioned even in the new brochure.
The washer is really disguised well (as seen in Kulb Class' photos), as the nozzel blends with the third brake light. The washer nozzel in most cars is in black and can be easily spotted.
Old 10th September 2010, 09:47   #2752
Senior - BHPian

Mamma Mia! Fiat has disguised it really well. Just went outside and spotted it. Thank you all for replies. Awesome pics Klub_Class and Akshay(Your GP looks great in that back ground).

But, it is not working. My front washer wasn't working on day1 as the water reservoir was empty(My PDI list did not include checking fluid levels). The front nozzles are working after I filled some water in the reservoir the next day.

Today, when I pushed the wiper stalk towards the front windscreen(away from me), I could hear the washer motor make noise but no water from rear nozzle.
Old 10th September 2010, 10:40   #2753
Senior - BHPian

@Paddle: Fill the windscreen reservior. It takes around 5 seconds the first time for the water to reach the rear windscreen.

If the motor moves, then 90% it should work.

A rare chance is the tube being disconnected in your engine bay!!

Cheers
Old 10th September 2010, 10:47   #2754
Team-BHP Support

Thanks for the compliments, Ill go ahead and take more pics of my car if you guys want.

klub_class - Im using a Nikon D300, and BTW I havent edited any of those pics at all.
Old 10th September 2010, 10:49   #2755
BHPian

Quote:
Agreed they do spoil the looks, but it wasnt my choice to get them. Luckily they dont stick out that much.

Oh dont know if ive mentioned but ive changed the speakers in my car.

Front - Illusion EL 6.1
Amp for Front - Alpine MRP-T220 2 channel
Rear - JBL GT5 5.25"
Pioneer high to low converter or something.

Sound is 5 times as good as stock at least. And the sound is bearable now, unlike the stock music system where you would rather listen to the diesel engine
How much did this entire set up cost you? Can you give the break up? I am also considering replacing my speakers. The sound given out by the current ones is downright pathetic! The setup in my Dad's Swift sounds better which is all-Blaupunkt (don't know the exact model numbers, but the HU is the Mumbai model, the front speakers are 6 inchers and the rear are 6 by 9's)

I am asking this here, as this information might also benefit other Punters.
Old 10th September 2010, 11:00   #2756
BHPian

Great pics akshay. At first look I thought you were ferrying your car across madovi or something Great location.
Old 10th September 2010, 11:22   #2757
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
@Paddle: It takes around 5 seconds the first time for the water to reach the rear windscreen.
If the motor moves, then 90% it should work.
A rare chance is the tube being disconnected in your engine bay!!
Thanks! I'll try it a few more times. You are right I had checked it for about 3-4 seconds only.

Quote:
How much did this entire set up cost you? Can you give the break up? I am also considering replacing my speakers. The sound given out by the current ones is downright pathetic! The setup in my Dad's Swift sounds better which is all-Blaupunkt (don't know the exact model numbers, but the HU is the Mumbai model, the front speakers are 6 inchers and the rear are 6 by 9's)

Akshay, can you please share with us some details of your ICE set up and installation? Some Linea owners have tried adding sub-amp in the past but the result was that the amp used to keep powered on even if HU is turned off.

This would really help GP/Linea owners.
Old 10th September 2010, 12:33   #2758
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Mamma Mia! Fiat has disguised it really well. Just went outside and spotted it.
I can see the water-drained marks right from day 1 and I thought rainwater was collecting within the third stoplight and draining out from it.

Quote:
Awesome pics Klub_Class and Akshay(Your GP looks great in that back ground).

Akshay (and everyone) here's some pics of my EP; no mud flaps and no sunfilm. The car's getting her first service tomorrow; she stands @ 3007kms as of this moment. Nothing has fallen off, no rattles. The front passenger door requires a bit more force to shut at the first attempt and this is the only "issue".

DOUBT: should I give them the key fob when I handle the car over for service or just the ordinary standby key only? I dont want the key fob returned immersed in used engine oil, considering that it costs almost INR 6000 and the replacement process is almost as tedious as replacing an engine.

Please advise.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-p1010621.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-p1010664.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-p1010623.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-p1010645.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-p1010647.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-p1010648.jpg  

Old 10th September 2010, 13:40   #2759
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Quote:
Akshay, can you please share with us some details of your ICE set up and installation? Some Linea owners have tried adding sub-amp in the past but the result was that the amp used to keep powered on even if HU is turned off.

This would really help GP/Linea owners.
Ive had the Alpine amp with me from my earlier Getz, it used to power the sub in that car. The illusions i got at a great price of 4.2k since my installer had these lying around, and the jbl's too were some 2.5k i think. The pioneer high to low converter was 3k (im quite sure i got overcharged).

The sound quality is much better than the stock, but its no audiophile quality. I can now peacefully listen to music at medium volumes.

Yes the amp is on even if the music is off. That is because incase of a call, if the amp is off i will get sound only from the rear speakers, since they are powered by the HU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
Great pics akshay. At first look I thought you were ferrying your car across madovi or something Great location.
Thanks alot buddy. That is just my building.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
Akshay (and everyone) here's some pics of my EP; no mud flaps and no sunfilm. The car's getting her first service tomorrow; she stands @ 3007kms as of this moment. Nothing has fallen off, no rattles. The front passenger door requires a bit more force to shut at the first attempt and this is the only "issue".

DOUBT: should I give them the key fob when I handle the car over for service or just the ordinary standby key only? I dont want the key fob returned immersed in used engine oil, considering that it costs almost INR 6000 and the replacement process is almost as tedious as replacing an engine.

Please advise.
Wow your car looks good. You should think about getting some tints, they will improve the looks a lot. Also surprisingly my car also has the same issue of the passenger door needing more force. Will sort all those out in the second service. My car has done 2500km now.
Old 10th September 2010, 14:18   #2760
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post

Please advise.
Awesome pics Sandeep. Great job.

Take some precautions before giving your car for regular service:

Do not keep a tankful of diesel/petrol. This is more important in case of 2 wheelers though where I've seen that some of the fuel "magically disappears" even if we account all the losses at idling etc.

Keep the remote foldable key at home. Take the spare key with you. It is not inconvenient either as the car is not locked time and again inside the dealership.

Take out most of the removable things. e.g. Cigar lighter, Ash tray, any removable accessory you got like car perfume, tool kit, first aid kit, warning triangle, FM modulators, HU faceplate and remote control, front/rear windshield toys, soft toys, contents of the glove box, boot, door pockets and back seat pockets, if any. Many of these things are likely to be lost at the time of washing and servicing. Only take the service booklet and owner's manual with you.
Know what engine oil(Selenia K or Selenia WR, Mobil 1 etc) etc is to be used.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks