Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2010, 16:05   #2641
Senior - BHPian

Wow! Thanks Akshay. I was wondering what that thing is.
Old 17th August 2010, 18:04   #2642
BHPian

Folks, my Punto is coming up for the first free service. I know that within the forum it is ideally recommended to change the engine oil - the SA already said it is not needed. Should I still insist and get it changed?
Old 17th August 2010, 18:31   #2643
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

We own a 2009 Fiat Punto 1.3 E+. There is no provision to open the left door with the key. (ie, there is no hole to insert the key!)

At the same time, Punto Dynamic have key holes in both the front doors!

Can someone tell me whether the Fiat Punto Emotion Pack comes with key holes in both the doors?

Pic for the reference! :

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-fiat-punto_side-view_amith_es_klubclass.jpg

Regards
Amith
Old 17th August 2010, 18:53   #2644
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
Can someone tell me whether the Fiat Punto Emotion Pack comes with key holes in both the doors?
Regards
Amith
No it doesn't come with a key hole on the left front passenger door on Emotion pack. But how does it matter, worst case you have the boot with a key hole in case driver door key hole gets jammed or something.
Old 18th August 2010, 09:18   #2645
BHPian

Active and Dynamic come with keyhole because the Fiat Central Locking is not available in these two varients.
Old 18th August 2010, 10:57   #2646

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalcruiser View Post
Folks, my Punto is coming up for the first free service. I know that within the forum it is ideally recommended to change the engine oil - the SA already said it is not needed. Should I still insist and get it changed?
Hi there, which free service are you referring to? The one at 3000 kms or the one at 15000 kms? I too have a Punto at 1300 kms, and would like to know this too!

Ram
Old 18th August 2010, 11:48   #2647
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stolichnaya View Post
Hi there, which free service are you referring to? The one at 3000 kms or the one at 15000 kms? I too have a Punto at 1300 kms, and would like to know this too!

Ram
I'm assuming royalcruiser you are talking about the 3,000 kms servicing??

You don't need to change the oil at 3,000 kms! Its synthetic. It will easily last 15,000 kms.
Old 18th August 2010, 11:49   #2648
BHPian

Quote:
I recently got my first free service (= 3000 kms or 3 months whichever comes first..in my case it was the 3 months limit) done and I didn't get the oil changed nor was it recommended/suggested at the service center.

In your case if you are keen on it you can surely get it changed, no harm there.
Old 18th August 2010, 12:01   #2649
Senior - BHPian

Old 18th August 2010, 12:43   #2650
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsan02 View Post
No it doesn't come with a key hole on the left front passenger door on Emotion pack. But how does it matter, worst case you have the boot with a key hole in case driver door key hole gets jammed or something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
Active and Dynamic come with keyhole because the Fiat Central Locking is not available in these two varients.

Thank you Samsan and Asdon for your quick reply. I've no problems with the absence of the key hole on the LHS door.

Well, I just wanted to clarify whether mine is the only Punto which doesn't have a key hole on the LHS.

Amith
Old 18th August 2010, 22:09   #2651
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC_aashay View Post
I'm assuming royalcruiser you are talking about the 3,000 kms servicing??

You don't need to change the oil at 3,000 kms! Its synthetic. It will easily last 15,000 kms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by better4worse View Post
I recently got my first free service (= 3000 kms or 3 months whichever comes first..in my case it was the 3 months limit) done and I didn't get the oil changed nor was it recommended/suggested at the service center.

In your case if you are keen on it you can surely get it changed, no harm there.
thanks a lot guys. yes it is the first free/3000kms service. will come out with an ownership report after the service completion
Old 19th August 2010, 11:55   #2652
BHPian

First Free Service

A few days ago, some idiotic Jeep driver was following me too closely on an uphill. The car in front of me stopped suddenly and I easily managed to stop in time. But, a split second later, WHAM! I got out fearing the worst, but was amazed to see not even a single dent on the rear. The reverse light glass was broken and the entire assembly had come loose and was hanging inside the bumper. There were minor scratches on the bumper and the bumper seemed to be very slightly out of alignment on the left side. The service centre chap told me that the mounting bracket inside the bumper for the reverse light assembly was broken and the whole bumper will have to be replaced. I wanted to know if this is really necessary. Are there any places in Bombay/Pune which can help me out here without replacing the whole bumper? The SA said that the bumper will have to be ordered and then painted.
Old 19th August 2010, 14:03   #2653
BHPian

sumobom4, I exactly had a similar accident in Bangalore road when a Hyundai accent came and banged me from behind. Except for the broken fog lamp, there was no other issue. This happened in the first month of purchase. So took the car to the dealer (Concorde motors, Mysore road Bangalore) on the same day evening. He told me exactly the same as what you have been told. He asked me to claim the bumper under insurance.

I let it die for a few months and was riding with the broken fog lamp. Two months ago, went again to the same dealer and this time showed to a mechanic who does the actual repair job and he said he can just replace the new fog lamp and bumper replacement is not necessary. I got it replaced and have no issue since then. Hence get it cross verified by couple of other dealers before going for bumper replacement
Old 19th August 2010, 14:14   #2654
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumobom4 View Post
A few days ago, some idiotic Jeep driver was following me too closely on an uphill. The car in front of me stopped suddenly and I easily managed to stop in time. But, a split second later, WHAM! I got out fearing the worst, but was amazed to see not even a single dent on the rear. The reverse light glass was broken and the entire assembly had come loose and was hanging inside the bumper. There were minor scratches on the bumper and the bumper seemed to be very slightly out of alignment on the left side. The service centre chap told me that the mounting bracket inside the bumper for the reverse light assembly was broken and the whole bumper will have to be replaced. I wanted to know if this is really necessary. Are there any places in Bombay/Pune which can help me out here without replacing the whole bumper? The SA said that the bumper will have to be ordered and then painted.

We had a similar accident. But, unlike you, our car was rear-ended by a Tempo Traveller when we slammed the brakes hard. Much to my surprise, there were no major damages to the car. Even then the Tempo Traveller succeed in breaking the fog lamp unit.

The SA insisted us to change the whole bumper. But,we disagreed. So, after having numerous talks with him, he agreed that he'll try repairing the bumper. The service centre guys did the job perfectly and they changed the fog lamp unit too.(Total repair cost was something around 1-1.5k) We've driven the car for 5+ months after the incident and we don't face any issues.

So, better you ask the SA whether he can doing anything instead of replacing the whole bumper.

Amith
Old 19th August 2010, 14:36   #2655
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumobom4 View Post
The reverse light glass was broken and the entire assembly had come loose and was hanging inside the bumper.
Punto reversing light is notorious for this. Slight impact and off it comes. Not a new thing. While reversing the car my bumper touched the rear wall, a scruntch and the reversing lights is swinging happily inside the bumper.
It gets fixed easily. No need for the whole bumper to be changed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks