Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2010, 13:00   #2536
superveloce

Urgent Help Needed

Hey punters

I took delivery of my Punto on Monday 26th and after the whole debacle my dealer did during delivery. I have still not received the documentation of the Extended warranty and Fiat Roadside assistance. Can some please give me info on what all documents or booklets i need to get from my dealer?

When i enquired with him, he sounded confused and told me that he will get back soon.

Old 29th July 2010, 15:07   #2537
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superveloce View Post
Hey punters

I took delivery of my Punto on Monday 26th and after the whole debacle my dealer did during delivery. I have still not received the documentation of the Extended warranty and Fiat Roadside assistance. Can some please give me info on what all documents or booklets i need to get from my dealer?

When i enquired with him, he sounded confused and told me that he will get back soon.
Congratulation !! I got the following booklets
- Fiat User Manual
- Blue & Me User Manual
- Roadside Assistance
- Extended Warranty
- Battery and ICE warranty papers.
- Insurance Documents, invoice etc
Old 29th July 2010, 19:44   #2538
BHPian

Congrats SV. Please post pics of your new baby soon!

Today, I got Reverse Parking Sensor installed from Concorde. I didn't buy from outside since the Concorde guys explained that wiring clipping will void the warranty. The good part though, was that it was very difficult to get White Sensors for fixing on the bumper and the accessories sales guy promised he will get it for me. Also the sales guys owed me a compensation for a 2 week delivery delay initially.

It is a Autocop ParkPro and is worth 4000/- (including labour). This model has buzzer and a small display for distance and direction of obstacles. However, I ended up paying only 2700/- (thanks to the compensation ). And they are not the shabby black sensors.
I can post the pics if someone wants them.

Another update from the Concorde Accessories Sales guy (Hold your breath, Drum Rolls....). Very soon Fiat is gonna launch a host of PUNTO Accessories. They will launch it for Punto 90HP primarily. He enlisted things like Spoilers, Body Graphics, Door Sill Plates etc. (he wasn't sure of the others yet). This will take a month or so to get launched and updated on the website. Needless to say they will sell it to all Punto owner.
P.S: If the Punto 90HP thread has this info then I apologize for making you Roll da Drums
Old 29th July 2010, 21:33   #2539
Senior - BHPian

Door sill plates for Punto!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenster View Post

I can post the pics if someone wants them.

He enlisted things like Spoilers, Body Graphics, Door Sill Plates etc. (he wasn't sure of the others yet). This will take a month or so to get launched and updated on the website.
Yes, kindly do post some pics here and regarding the Punto accessories, the Punto 90bhp I saw in Chandigarh had door sill plates just like those of VW Polo. They do not have illumination like those of City, Accord etc. They did look good though but illuminated ones would have been so cool.
Old 29th July 2010, 21:33   #2540
BHPian

Quote:

The good part though, was that it was very difficult to get White Sensors for fixing on the bumper and the accessories sales guy promised he will get it for me.
Would you know if it comes in red ?
Old 30th July 2010, 08:43   #2541
BHPian

Quote:
The good part though, was that it was very difficult to get White Sensors for fixing on the bumper and the accessories sales guy promised he will get it for me.
When I enquired in Prerana motors, they said the colour is by default black and they will paint it to the body colour free of cost. Whats the difference anyway even if its painted?
Old 30th July 2010, 10:08   #2542
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunkk View Post
When I enquired in Prerana motors, they said the colour is by default black and they will paint it to the body colour free of cost. Whats the difference anyway even if its painted?
The parking sensors come in all Punto colour (not sure of the new colours FTA & Tuscan Wine) and what Prerana told you is rubbish. Do not paint the black sensors body colour. Its effectiveness reduces if you paint over it.
Old 30th July 2010, 10:16   #2543
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
The parking sensors come in all Punto colour (not sure of the new colours FTA & Tuscan Wine) and what Prerana told you is rubbish. Do not paint the black sensors body colour. Its effectiveness reduces if you paint over it.
But I doubt whether painting will reduce its effectiveness as it uses ultrasounds for measuring distance. If it sees the layer of paint as a possible obstacle, then it should not work at all IMO. The Punto i booked is of FTA colour.
Old 30th July 2010, 10:33   #2544
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunkk View Post
But I doubt whether painting will reduce its effectiveness as it uses ultrasounds for measuring distance. If it sees the layer of paint as a possible obstacle, then it should not work at all IMO. The Punto i booked is of FTA colour.
From what i have read online, some black sensors come coated with a primer. These sensors can be painted, but only thin coats of spray paint are recommended.
Found this through google
Quote:
Can the Sensors be painted to match my bumper?
Yes, the sensors can be spray painted to match. Only use 2 fine coats of spray paint, do not use brush on paint or touch up brushes as this is too thick. Avoid using metallic paint on the centers of the sensors
Old 2nd August 2010, 11:19   #2545
BHPian

friends, this is regarding the Central locking on Punto 1.2 Active. Since the car does not come with central locking, we need to buy it as an extra accessory.

till now, there was no news from fiat on this, but now they have come with 'genuine accessory' for this. but it costs Rs.9,900. Apparently this is through the ECU and hence will not void warranty. Is it worth paying 5-6K extra for this or go for Autocop? pls advise!
Old 2nd August 2010, 11:37   #2546
BHPian

I went to KHT motors this weekend and they confirmed the news that Fiat is launching new accessories like spoilers, door sill plates etc for the 90HP Punto and that they should be available in 10 days or so.
Old 2nd August 2010, 12:28   #2547
Senior - BHPian

Got my car serviced at 15K, price of fuel filter on the MJD has gone up, it's 1850 now :

0059116319 FUEL FILTER WITHOUT SENSOR DSL 1629.96 220.04 ( 13.5% VAT )
Old 2nd August 2010, 12:32   #2548
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Got my car serviced at 15K, price of fuel filter on the MJD has gone up, it's 1850 now :

Would you be kind enough to share the full service costs and details? Appreciate it.
Old 2nd August 2010, 12:47   #2549
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post

Regarding this please go through this post from my ownership thread.
Old 2nd August 2010, 13:58   #2550
Senior - BHPian

anshuman, after seeing the invoice - I wrote a mail to Fiat ( service@fiapl.com ) and I was told by their customer care/spare parts dept that the part :

0059116319 FUEL FILTER WITHOUT SENSOR DSL

costs 1850.24 /- ( MRP, incl of VAT ), so prices have gone up now.

Also, the part FUEL FILTER WITH SENSOR DSL costs 1,969.42 ( MRP incl of VAT ).

Prices have definitely gone up, unless the dealer has some old stock with him.

Also, the oil filter costs 371/- now ( MRP,incl of VAT), I noticed that you paid less in your post.

The SA told me that prices of some parts have gone down as well ( like the a/c filter is now 44/-, used to be more earlier as per SA ).

Not a good move by Fiat to increase spare prices.

Amartya, here's my invoice breakup :

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

5W40 engine oil : 572.69 per litre , 3 L

oil filter : 326.87

fuel filter w/o sensor : 1629.96

air filter : 290.75

wiremesh filer ( a/c filter) : 38.77

Total : 4005.02/-

Add 13.5% VAT : 540.6/-

Other charges on parts - 75/- ( Don't know what this is, forgot to ask )

Final bill=4005 + 540+75 : 4620/-

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note - Punto needs 3.2 L oil. I had some spare engine oil , otherwise I would have to pay for 4L instead of 3L.

I read on another forum that TATA has increased spare prices wef July 8 . Nice way to kill competetion, or rather - your own partner.

This reminds me that prices were increased for the Palio about 2yrs ago or so by TATA, then they were dropped based on feedback from PUG.

Last edited by sdp1975 : 2nd August 2010 at 14:17.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks