Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2010, 08:29   #2026
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ I agree with you Gemithomas. I have got calls several times for the feedback of my experiences with the service center, and at times when i gave negative feedback they got the dealer back in action to check what went wrong with the experience.

Fiat on one is side is genuinely concerned, the dealership staff on the otherside not at par with the competition. I hate going to a Tata Fiat dealership.
Old 22nd May 2010, 14:10   #2027
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Especially in the recent years feedback/customer care initiatives from te part of the company has not been an issue. I would even say that if you really look at it they could be one of the best out there in india today. There are people at FIAT who genuinely want to help the customers.

The issue is at the dealership level. Owners of TATA cars and FIAT cars are an entirely different breed. And though FIAT has got separate teams in most places there seems to be a mix up of cultures when it comes to dealing with cars/customers. In majority of places the team does not have technical knowledge about FIAT cars. Unfortunately the customer spends time at the service centre. IF we had an option to spend time with FIAT management probably we would have been the happiest lot around.

Hope this is the right place to post this.
Couldn't have said it better gemithomas!

Just that the cars make such an appealing case for themselves that it hard to ignore. Sighh!

Last edited by nkapoor777 : 22nd May 2010 at 14:12.
Old 22nd May 2010, 15:07   #2028
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Whats tjet in the punto? I'm lost here!
yes tjet is the 1.4 FIRE turbocharged engine which is soon to be launched in the linea.

And i'm just waiting for FIAT India to launch it in the punto!!
Just like they did the VGT in the MJD punto... cant wait for the tjet in the punto!
Old 22nd May 2010, 19:18   #2029
BHPian

GP price's will go up!!

Hi,

As i booked for BS4 GP E+ mjd-Exotica red last week with concorde[mysore road] & asked for may month produced vehicle, so he told me he has punched the product & expected shipping in last week of may, & delivery will be in 1st week of june.

Today he called me to inform that, from june 1st GP price's will go up by 15k & present discounts may continue, he offering me stocked BS3 one's with additional discounts, mean while i called prerana to check the availabilty of BS4, they informed they have march made vehicle with tuscan wine.

Dear TBHPians what will be the your suggestion in this situation, whether i have to wait till june or to get available one with prerana with unliked colour or is it good to have BS3 vehicle..
Old 22nd May 2010, 21:30   #2030
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbarao View Post
Hi,

As i booked for BS4 GP E+ mjd-Exotica red last week with concorde[mysore road] & asked for may month produced vehicle, so he told me he has punched the product & expected shipping in last week of may, & delivery will be in 1st week of june.

Today he called me to inform that, from june 1st GP price's will go up by 15k & present discounts may continue, he offering me stocked BS3 one's with additional discounts, mean while i called prerana to check the availabilty of BS4, they informed they have march made vehicle with tuscan wine.

Dear TBHPians what will be the your suggestion in this situation, whether i have to wait till june or to get available one with prerana with unliked colour or is it good to have BS3 vehicle..
Dealers are dealers and can't get any better, they want to offload old stock thats why may be making stories of price hike IMHO.
Better check elsewhere before taking decision.
In the intense compitition can Fiat afford to increase the prices further ?
Old 22nd May 2010, 21:45   #2031
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

call up KHT motors whitefield and check if they have something in the color you like
Old 22nd May 2010, 23:02   #2032
BHPian

Quote:
Most of the dealerships including Concorde have run out of Bs4 punto stock thanks to the Akshaya Tritiya rush last week.

Apart from the emission catalyst, there is absolutely no other difference between a bs3 and a bs4 vehicle. However, the discounts offered on Bs3 vehicles are very paltry, as little as 5K. I would suggest you wait for a Bs4. You should be able to get your desired color by early June, try and talk to someone @ the showroom about freezing on the currently offered price and not passing on the revised one to you.
Old 23rd May 2010, 22:44   #2033
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Hi, I booked a red BS4 1.4 GP E+ on 15th May at Prerna. I wasn't informed about any rise in prices in June. I was promised delivery within 10 days.
PS : My first post in this forum!!
Old 23rd May 2010, 23:38   #2034
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksons View Post
Dealers are dealers and can't get any better, they want to offload old stock thats why may be making stories of price hike IMHO.
Better check elsewhere before taking decision.
In the intense compitition can Fiat afford to increase the prices further ?
You are right. That looks like a very distant possibility. Even if they were to hike the prices, I am sure they would counterbalance it with bigger "special offers".

Having said that, here in Chennai, I was told that prices will go up from June 1, owing to an increase in taxes. However, that would apply to all cars.
Old 23rd May 2010, 23:49   #2035
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancientmariner View Post
Hi, I booked a red BS4 1.4 GP E+ on 15th May at Prerna. I wasn't informed about any rise in prices in June. I was promised delivery within 10 days.
PS : My first post in this forum!!
First of all, welcome to the forum. Second, you have bought the car that only a true blue car enthusiast buys (the 1.4 Petrol ), so hats off.

If you don't mind, please document the booking experience, to which you can add the buying and initial review later on, this would be helpful for the rest of the forum members.
Note: I would suggest not posting the booking experience in the "Booked a car thread" but rather wait for the delivery and drive it for a week, then start a ownership thread.
Old 24th May 2010, 00:07   #2036
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
fiat punto in tuscan wine
I love this color, the silver grill would go very well with this color. This color was released after I do the PDI for my PUNTO. Was late !
Old 24th May 2010, 12:55   #2037
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
First of all, welcome to the forum. Second, you have bought the car that only a true blue car enthusiast buys (the 1.4 Petrol ), so hats off.

If you don't mind, please document the booking experience, to which you can add the buying and initial review later on, this would be helpful for the rest of the forum members.
Note: I would suggest not posting the booking experience in the "Booked a car thread" but rather wait for the delivery and drive it for a week, then start a ownership thread.
Amartya, This 1.4 Fire engine ia gem of engine producing 90Ps and there is only other hatchback is Honda Jazz having 90 Ps.
We drive Linea 1.4 and are very satisfied with its FE also, Punto is lighter than Linea and shoud be quick also, BBC in their magazine has quoted 12.5 seconds for 0-100 under their test drive.
I have Linea otherwise this is the car I want too.

Last edited by jacksons : 24th May 2010 at 12:56.
Old 24th May 2010, 22:18   #2038
BHPian

This is one thing I don't get. Some say the 1.4 Fire is great engine in terms of performance. However Both Top gear and Overdrive that i read last year said that it somehow does not show up in the performance of the car.
Old 24th May 2010, 22:43   #2039
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinblades View Post
This is one thing I don't get. Some say the 1.4 Fire is great engine in terms of performance. However Both Top gear and Overdrive that i read last year said that it somehow does not show up in the performance of the car.
You decide who you want to believe. Real owners or magazines ?

The 1.4 is a very capable engine. I don't know if it is "great" but its an extremely rev happy engine. Add to it the superior ride quality and handling of the car : and it feels even better.

About the performance : Heck, even the 1.2 does 150+ on the expressway
Old 24th May 2010, 22:47   #2040
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoghchaphalkar View Post

About the performance : Heck, even the 1.2 does 150+ on the expressway
the 1.2 barely touches 150. btw how is the performance of the 1.3? i mean at speeds above 100? whats its top speed? im getting mine tomorrow

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks