Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2010, 11:05   #2101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurja View Post
Hi Everyone,

I would like to change OEM speaker in my punto. Guys please suggest which one would be best without voiding car warranty. My budget is 5 to 7K.

Thanks
I remember talking to the Concorde guys and they said that you can replace the stock speakers with the JBL ones. It costs at around 4K. I think they said that the warranty wont get void. Better call them up an check.
BTW: If your Punto came with factory fitted Music system then you can change only the speakers, Nothing else.
Old 3rd June 2010, 13:54   #2102
Senior - BHPian

The Punto price page shows "This page is under updation".

Fiat Punto

OMG, are they going to increase the price? Someone please clarify?

When I checked yesterday (Trivandrum, Kerala) the price were (1.3 MJD):
Active - 5,68,786
Dynamic - 6,05,279
Emotion - 6,52,818
EmoPack - 7,13,635
+ 5000 extra for the colors Tuscan Wine and FT Azure. All prices OTR.
Old 3rd June 2010, 14:18   #2103
BHPian

^^

Yes, Prices are going up by 6-8K. Also what I've heard is the 10 K Gift offer which was being passed on until May has been withdrawn. So your new OTR price should be 16k dearer.
Old 3rd June 2010, 14:29   #2104
BANNED

Todays Hindustan times Delhi has rated Grande Punto number one car in 4 to 6 lac category.
Old 3rd June 2010, 15:38   #2105
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ Do you actually take newspaper reviews seriously?

The local road taxes vary too much across the states. Last year when i bought my Punto EP MJD, i paid ~6.30 Lakhs OTR.
Old 3rd June 2010, 16:13   #2106
BHPian

My Punto 1.2 Emotion has finally arrived. I visited the KHT Motors service center yesterday and checked it out. It wasn't cleaned yet and it was all dirty. But I did a visual inspection and sat in the car and checked the odo ( it was 11 KM ) and checked the A/c ( although it was very hot and the car had been in the sun all day so i didn't check it for too long ). Is there anything i missed ? I know its a BS IV version as the 1.2 Emotion was launched only recently. Hopefully i should get it by Saturday after registration , but Wifey wants me to wait till monday as it's an auspicious day .
Old 3rd June 2010, 16:17   #2107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
My Punto 1.2 Emotion has finally arrived. I visited the KHT Motors service center yesterday and checked it out. It wasn't cleaned yet and it was all dirty. But I did a visual inspection and sat in the car and checked the odo ( it was 11 KM ) and checked the A/c ( although it was very hot and the car had been in the sun all day so i didn't check it for too long ). Is there anything i missed ? I know its a BS IV version as the 1.2 Emotion was launched only recently. Hopefully i should get it by Saturday after registration , but Wifey wants me to wait till monday as it's an auspicious day .
You could have also checked the lights, and outer body for scratches and dents.

Waiting till Monday when you can actually get her on the beginning of a weekend is way too tough... I won't be able to do that!
Old 3rd June 2010, 16:39   #2108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
You could have also checked the lights, and outer body for scratches and dents.

Waiting till Monday when you can actually get her on the beginning of a weekend is way too tough... I won't be able to do that!
Yeah, I checked the body for scratches and dents. There were no dents but there looked were what seemed like a couple of scratches. The sales guy promised that they would disappear once they clean it and polish it, so i will be checking those places when i get the delivery of the car.

I'm not able to wait till Monday either and i don't believe in these auspicious timings at all ( i think astrology is BS ) , but if something happens after i take the car during the weekend, she will put the blame on the inauspicious time that i took delivery of the car . My best bet would be to hope that they can deliver it tommorow which is supposedly a good day.
Old 3rd June 2010, 20:48   #2109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
Yeah, I checked the body for scratches and dents. There were no dents but there looked were what seemed like a couple of scratches. The sales guy promised that they would disappear once they clean it and polish it, so i will be checking those places when i get the delivery of the car.

I'm not able to wait till Monday either and i don't believe in these auspicious timings at all ( i think astrology is BS ) , but if something happens after i take the car during the weekend, she will put the blame on the inauspicious time that i took delivery of the car . My best bet would be to hope that they can deliver it tommorow which is supposedly a good day.

congratulations
I am a potential buyer of 1.2 E . i want to go for it in nect 2-3 months
Hope you will write about your booking experience & initial ownership review with pics.
Old 4th June 2010, 01:35   #2110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
I deleted all user data but I still can't turn autoplay off. Any solution? Do i have to let the tuner be on when i select settings/media player/autoplay off or do i need to switch it off? Stupid of fiat to enable autoplay everytime u insert a usb. Pls help!
Pls help someone! It's really irritating.
Old 4th June 2010, 07:24   #2111
Senior - BHPian

you can always change media to tuner. This will stop the usb from being played.
Old 4th June 2010, 11:13   #2112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motor spirit View Post
congratulations
I am a potential buyer of 1.2 E . i want to go for it in nect 2-3 months
Hope you will write about your booking experience & initial ownership review with pics.
Thanks. I think you better hurry as the prices are going to go up pretty soon .
I'll start a thread once i get my car and complete some running. But I have to say that the experience so far has been pretty good (although not perfect) and no where near the horror experiences i have read here.
Old 4th June 2010, 22:22   #2113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
you can always change media to tuner. This will stop the usb from being played.
I dont have anything plugged into the usb. When i start, it starts media and then switches over to tuner automatically. Am unable to turn autoplay off. Pls help.
Old 4th June 2010, 22:52   #2114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teky View Post
^^

Yes, Prices are going up by 6-8K. Also what I've heard is the 10 K Gift offer which was being passed on until May has been withdrawn. So your new OTR price should be 16k dearer.
15K, it turned out. I missed the Gift by just TWO days. Bad news indeed.

But there's some good news also; made a booking for a Medium Grey MJD EP in this evening.
Old 4th June 2010, 23:25   #2115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
15K, it turned out. I missed the Gift by just TWO days. Bad news indeed.

But there's some good news also; made a booking for a Medium Grey MJD EP in this evening.
You have few days left to change the color from MG to BNW or Red or even the new brown !

I have one MG Punto, and I think MG is the least attractive color for a Punto :(

Last edited by clevermax : 4th June 2010 at 23:29.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks