Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2010, 18:55   #1906
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R17 View Post
@Neo - Youre the one who's "conveniently" forgetting the code of conduct in a public forum, being unreasonably rude in response to what was but a query and getting personal by your "bu******" and "dont buy any vehicle and start walking to every other place" comments.

Chetan was putting forth a pertinent query and even as a Fiat afficiando and a prospective Punto-customer, i can see his side of the argument. In fact, I sent out a PM to GTO to get his take on the same matter which, Im thinking, may be more productive than running down Chetan. If the QC and reliability appear suspect even on visible parts, its not an unreasonable assumption that such lapses may have happened in packaging the safety features. Though these lapses may afflict every manufacturer, it wouldnt be irrational to first look at Fiat whose had a bit of a history of parts with QC in general. (Agreed that other manufacturers have had their issues too but that isnt the point).

Its responses like these that give an impression that we Fiat fans on T-Bhp drown out all reasonable concerns against Fiat in a senseless, offensive roar of jingoism.

Now, Im actually planning to buy the Punto (very shortly) and am a big, big fan of its solidity and the overall perception of passive safety that it emanates but Im going to try to not let that cloud my objectivity.

And Im hoping neither will the other rational T-Bhpians here.
Well first thing:

1. He never heard about any safety component failure in Punto nor any other car, but he mentioned that if the components are falling off then even safety might be compromised without any proof.

2. I gave example of Swift as there are numerous posts about its rattling but NOBODY questioned its worthiness about safety features. I dont think Maruti has comprised on airbags and all. They might do cost cutting but not at cost of safety. Likewise every manufacturer gives importance to safety.

3. Chetan's query was more or less a REMARK and not a query. Go through his posts once again.

4. Its not about FIAT or any other brand. I own Punto but I would have replied him even if this would have cropped up in Maruti/Honda/TATA/... thread.
Old 29th April 2010, 19:09   #1907
Senior - BHPian

On the safety features :

1) ABS : I know this works on the Punto, it's helped me several times. It's pretty easy to test it out as well by slamming the brakes . So there should not be any doubts that the ABS on the Punto does not work.

2) Airbags : One would not know unless one if is unfortunate enough to have an accident, but I would be surprised that for a NCAP 5 rated car, and for a global manufacturer like Fiat - the airbags not to deploy on accident. NCAP videos/pictures of crash tests clearly show the airbags being deployed - see Euro NCAP - For safer cars | Fiat Grande Punto .

Fiat has been well known for it's build and safety features - there are other safety features like fire protection in the Punto.

The quality of plastics is nothing great in the Punto - it's OK for me . But equating quality of plastics to safety features, in the absence of any supporting evidence is mere speculation.

EDIT : Oh yes, and the brakes do work as well, just in case anyone has any doubts

Last edited by sdp1975 : 29th April 2010 at 19:20.
Old 29th April 2010, 20:27   #1908
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guys! Please go through my new thread and give me your feedback.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchb...-reliable.html
Old 29th April 2010, 22:46   #1909
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post

I don't mind a poor quality plastic in my car but it really bothers me when I see some plastic bits falling, even recently I have heard of a Punto owner(Silver Fire) complaining that his bonnet lever fell when he fiddled with it.
The bonnet lever do not fall down because of poor quality but because it is detachable from the lever. You can pull out the lever and then put it back there, this is how fiat designed it. May be they might have designed it in a much better way. It falls only when it is loosely fitted and this is human error and not a faulty part.

I am writing all this because I have experienced this. The lever was broken when I took the delivery of my Punto, which was replaced before delivery. Once fitted properly the lever has never fallen till date and it's been 6 months.

I do not understand why a small niggle is presented as a big issue when it comes to fiat. I guess it's Owners Pride and others envy.
Old 30th April 2010, 10:49   #1910
BHPian

Off topic to what's currently being discussed, 2 new premium colors introduced on the Grande Punto April onwards!! Foxtrot Azure & Tuscan Wine!!

We've all seen the azure on the linea but the wine color IMO looks hot on the GP, check it out!! Called my sales guy in Concorde who said the premium for the colors varies btw 4k-6k!!

pictures attached:
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-capture_wine.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-capture_azure.jpg  

Last edited by raamki : 30th April 2010 at 10:50.
Old 30th April 2010, 14:02   #1911
BHPian

The Tuscan wine is again one of those colors that changes shade depending on lighting !

I saw it inside the showroom in low lighting & it looked a deep dark violet. Very classy.

I then checked another car parked outside in the sun and it looked like a light Purple shade. Not so appealing.

This is similar to my Exotica Red, which i like best when the sun has set
Old 30th April 2010, 14:30   #1912
BHPian

I visited the dealer in the morning, both the new colours have a one month waiting period. :(
Old 1st May 2010, 10:18   #1913
BHPian

Drove my FIL's Punto after about a 5month gap and 5000 kms on the odo. I came out pleasantly surprised. I noticed two important changes.

1. Drivability in city is much better. Turbolag is still there but doesnt feel very obvious. The car pulls much easily from low rpms
2. Engine drone on accelerating is about 30 percent less.

Feels very comfortable to drive it now.
Old 1st May 2010, 12:57   #1914
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadri007 View Post
I visited the dealer in the morning, both the new colours have a one month waiting period. :(
Kadri, Are these colours in display in any of the B'lore showrooms?
Old 1st May 2010, 14:51   #1915
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfire View Post
The Tuscan wine is again one of those colors that changes shade depending on lighting !

I saw it inside the showroom in low lighting & it looked a deep dark violet. Very classy.

I then checked another car parked outside in the sun and it looked like a light Purple shade. Not so appealing.

This is similar to my Exotica Red, which i like best when the sun has set
I absolutely agree with you on both the colours (Tuscan wine /Exotic Red) !

- B4W
Old 6th May 2010, 22:50   #1916
BHPian

heres tuscan wine,pic courtesy overdrive website.
Attached Images

Old 6th May 2010, 22:55   #1917
BHPian

Hey aditya116!

Thank you so much for sharing the picture! I waited for weeks to see a photo of the Punto in this color! Looks classy
Old 6th May 2010, 23:19   #1918
BHPian

sure is.just like morello on the fiesta.but as with all dark colors, you have to keep them clean.
Old 6th May 2010, 23:30   #1919
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi99 View Post
Kadri, Are these colours in display in any of the B'lore showrooms?
The colours have not yet come. And it may take a month for the vehicles to come in Bangalore. That's what the dealer said.

I think at last I will be going with Medium grey 1.2 Emotion Petrol.
Old 6th May 2010, 23:34   #1920
BHPian

hey kadri the new colors are absolutely fab.i personally saw azure at mangalore.looks decent enough.better than medium grey i think.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks