Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2011, 20:28   #3541
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
Yes there is a switch to turn on the fog lamp, mine is Active so the switch is above the central AC vents, in higher varients its on the left side along with Menu, I have turned on fog lamp without engaging reverse gear.
Thanks thats right, we all know that.but he was talking out the other light yellow reverse light.
Old 19th July 2011, 23:40   #3542
Senior - BHPian

Page 10 of the Fiat "Warranty and Owner service Policy " booklet states that the 3rd free service should be carried out 30,000 kms or 24 months , whichever occurs earlier from the date of delivery of the vehicle.

My car was purchased in Oct 2009, the 2nd service was in July 2010. Does that mean I need to do the 3rd service in Oct 2011 ?( current odo is 27000). Doing it in Oct wouldmean more than 12 months from the last service.
Old 19th July 2011, 23:50   #3543
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975
Page 10 of the Fiat "Warranty and Owner service Policy " booklet states that the 3rd free service should be carried out 30,000 kms or 24 months , whichever occurs earlier from the date of delivery of the vehicle.

My car was purchased in Oct 2009, the 2nd service was in July 2010. Does that mean I need to do the 3rd service in Oct 2011 ?( current odo is 27000). Doing it in Oct wouldmean more than 12 months from the last service.
After the second service the third service has to be done once the car has done an additional 15k kms or 24 months whichever occurs earlier.
Old 20th July 2011, 07:09   #3544
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkg77 View Post
After the second service the third service has to be done once the car has done an additional 15k kms or 24 months whichever occurs earlier.
You mean and additional 15k kms and 12 months. What the service manual mentions is the outer limit for the service based on delivery dates. But the vehicle must be serviced once every 15k kms or 12months.
Old 20th July 2011, 08:03   #3545
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by julupani

You mean and additional 15k kms and 12 months. What the service manual mentions is the outer limit for the service based on delivery dates. But the vehicle must be serviced once every 15k kms or 12months.
The service manual says replace engine oil and oil filter every 15k kms or 12 months which ever is earlier from previous replacement. The 3rd free service can be done once the car is 24 months old. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Old 20th July 2011, 08:22   #3546
Senior - BHPian

Let me make this clear. The 3rd service should be done after whichever of the below possibilities occurs first:

1. 15k kms from 2nd service
2. 12months from 2nd service
3. 30k kms on the odo
4. 24months from delivery

A similar logic would apply to every further regular service, free or paid. The car on certain variants reminds you of only the first possibility and not the rest.
julupani is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th July 2011, 08:40   #3547
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by julupani View Post
The car on certain variants reminds you of only the first possibility and not the rest.
Even I had the same dilemma. My Linea had her second free servicing @ 8 k km after one year of delivery. As per service coupon, the third free servicing was due at 30 k km or two years of delivery. But, during my Pondy trip, my Linea's MID started showing service reminder after crossing 23 k km! I got the third free servicing done after reaching Bangalore. BTW, if the car is driven for a few hundred km or so [without servicing] after the first display of service reminder, the MID displays the message 'Service Coupon Expired'!

Last edited by J.Ravi : 20th July 2011 at 08:47.

Old 20th July 2011, 09:40   #3548
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Let me make this clear. The 3rd service should be done after whichever of the below possibilities occurs first:

1. 15k kms from 2nd service
2. 12months from 2nd service
3. 30k kms on the odo
4. 24months from delivery

A similar logic would apply to every further regular service, free or paid. The car on certain variants reminds you of only the first possibility and not the rest.
My Punto was serviced for the first time when the car was 8 months old and touched 15k kms.
I had assumed that the second service would be when the car is 2 years old or when she reaches 30k kms(earlier of the two)
But the Service Advisor(SA) told me very clearly that it will be after 1 year of the 1st service or 15k kms after the first service (earlier of the two)
So now it will be 30k kms or when the car is 20 months old (earlier of the two)
Old 20th July 2011, 10:12   #3549
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am sorry to ask this, but my question is why do you want to turn your reverse warning light on for visibility.

You already have four tail lamp bulbs, one high mount LED brake lamp and one rear fog lamp for rear visibility.
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
Yes there is a switch to turn on the fog lamp, mine is Active so the switch is above the central AC vents, in higher varients its on the left side along with Menu, I have turned on fog lamp without engaging reverse gear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Please dont do that, even if it's possible. You will make matters worse as a car which suddenly comes behind you may panic thinking you are reversing (if your car is standstill or something), especially in heavy rains or fog.

I really get irritated when many people use the hazard lights when it's raining! For GOD's sake, use the fog lights. Hazard lights have a different meaning.

I do not want to turn it on - I was just asking if there is any way. As rightly pointed out by Raj, turning it on will end up causing more problems.

I just wanted to know if there is any way to turn it on - it was a pointless koshun
Old 20th July 2011, 17:29   #3550
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
BTW, if the car is driven for a few hundred km or so [without servicing] after the first display of service reminder, the MID displays the message 'Service Coupon Expired'!
Not a "few hundred km or so". It starts showing that message right after the set kms for service. In my case, I took my car for the 15K service at about 151xx, the MID started showing the message at 15001 itself.

In case of the 30K service, I got it done at 297xx. The guys at the service centre forgot to reset the reminder - at 30001, I started getting the same message again.
binaiks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2011, 09:24   #3551
Senior - BHPian

Is anybody facing any issues with the rubber beading of the doors? Last week has been the 4th time I've had to take it to the service center to get it fixed. All they do is to use an adhesive and stick it back, aren't they supposed to replace it for free?
Old 21st July 2011, 09:31   #3552
Senior - BHPian

Yes it should be replaced free of cost in warranty.
Sticking the defective one will not work for long.
Old 24th July 2011, 17:44   #3553
Senior - BHPian

Are aftermarket brake pads available for the Punto ? Swift aftermarket pads are much cheaper compared to showroom prices, I was wondering if the same is true for Punto, if available.
Old 24th July 2011, 20:56   #3554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
Is anybody facing any issues with the rubber beading of the doors? Last week has been the 4th time I've had to take it to the service center to get it fixed. All they do is to use an adhesive and stick it back, aren't they supposed to replace it for free?
They will if they have stock, however most showrooms don't have them. They replaced mine after several requests.
Old 24th July 2011, 21:21   #3555
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
Oh ask me about it. I have been suffering of it ever since I got the car. The left rear beading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
Yes it should be replaced free of cost in warranty.
Sticking the defective one will not work for long.
Mine was replaced. But it came off again. But car is getting used like anything. So waiting for a lean period to take it to A.S.S

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks