Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2012, 11:01   #5026
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Is the delay function for power windows new for 2012 Punto? It doesn't work on my car either.
Old 24th June 2012, 11:19   #5027
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
Is the delay function for power windows new for 2012 Punto? It doesn't work on my car either.
Absolutely. I forgot to mention that in my previous post. Since yours and Raj's 90 HP are pre 2012 models, you are not experiencing it.

Get it checked from the A.S.S if this could be programmed into the older ones.
DRIV3R is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th June 2012, 11:31   #5028
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
I have a problem. Last month, one of the parking attendants misplaced my remote key. I have been using the spare key all this while. Can you please tell me how do I go about obtaining a replacement remote key? What is the price that they charge?

More importantly, will they give me a replacement with the same key code? I am a regular at that particular marketplace and don't trust the parking attendant. what if I get a new key made..and the attendant somehow obtains my older remote key..can he use it on my car? I have a Punto Emotion Pack.
Yes, you can get another remote within few weeks but if you dont trust the parking attendants then you need to replace the whole system, which will be very costly.

Cheers!
Irish
Old 24th June 2012, 11:38   #5029
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
I have a problem. Last month, one of the parking attendants misplaced my remote key. I have been using the spare key all this while. Can you please tell me how do I go about obtaining a replacement remote key? What is the price that they charge?

More importantly, will they give me a replacement with the same key code? I am a regular at that particular marketplace and don't trust the parking attendant. what if I get a new key made..and the attendant somehow obtains my older remote key..can he use it on my car? I have a Punto Emotion Pack.
Do you have the key code card that should have been given during delivery?

Take that card and head to the A.S.S and place an order for the new key.

Cost ~7K INR approx. It would take a while as the new key has to arrive from Italy. After the key arrives they will program the code into the new key.
Old 24th June 2012, 12:57   #5030
BHPian

I visited the Fiat Showroom yesterday, and was told that the Fox Trot Azure shade (light blue one) has been discontinued on the Punto since a year or so. But the one-page brochure that they gave me for the 2012 Punto says otherwise.

Has it really been stopped?

Last edited by SilkDrive : 24th June 2012 at 12:59.
Old 24th June 2012, 13:11   #5031
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkDrive View Post
I visited the Fiat Showroom yesterday, and was told that the Fox Trot Azure shade (light blue one) has been discontinued on the Punto since a year or so. But the one-page brochure that they gave me for the 2012 Punto says otherwise.

Has it really been stopped?
Please refer to my previous posts:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2738578

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2729402

By the way, it was discontinued only from April 2012.

Last edited by DRIV3R : 24th June 2012 at 13:13.
DRIV3R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2012, 11:43   #5032
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssvikas View Post
Can you describe how was your experience while dealing with the sales guys at Galaxy Motors? I presume you went to their outlet at Mulund, right?

Just wanted to know how has been your experience.
Hi ssvikas,
Apologies for the delayed response, have not been too regular on this forum offlate.

Well, coming to my experience, I did not have to deal at all with Galaxy motors. I booked my car through Om Sai motors and since they did not have Oceanic Blue (OB), Tuscan Wine (TW) or Bossa Nova White (BNW) colors in their stock, they did an internal transfer from Galaxy for my car.

I had to settle for TW as no dealers in Bombay had a Punto Emotion in OB or BNW in stock and I wanted my car quite urgently.

Fortunately I did not have any such hassles with Om Sai, but I used to get quite irritated when they would tell me that the car is not being built as yet whenever I would ask for a delivery date. And due to the this I had to opt for a readily available TW from Galaxy motors though this color was my third choice after BNW and OB.

Regards

Last edited by hiren.mistry : 25th June 2012 at 11:48.
Old 25th June 2012, 13:00   #5033

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
Hi ssvikas,
Apologies for the delayed response, have not been too regular on this forum offlate.

Well, coming to my experience, I did not have to deal at all with Galaxy motors. I booked my car through Om Sai motors and since they did not have Oceanic Blue (OB), Tuscan Wine (TW) or Bossa Nova White (BNW) colors in their stock, they did an internal transfer from Galaxy for my car.

I had to settle for TW as no dealers in Bombay had a Punto Emotion in OB or BNW in stock and I wanted my car quite urgently.

Fortunately I did not have any such hassles with Om Sai, but I used to get quite irritated when they would tell me that the car is not being built as yet whenever I would ask for a delivery date. And due to the this I had to opt for a readily available TW from Galaxy motors though this color was my third choice after BNW and OB.

Regards
Hi Hiren,
Thanks for the reply and hearty congratulations on your TW Punto.

By the way, I finally got the delivery of my OB Punto on Friday afternoon from Galaxy Motors. It was a bit of an irritant when they kept hanging by saying "tomorrow/ day-after" for the delivery. They still have to give me the RTO tax-paid receipt and the insurance policy needed some correction since I opted for a zero-dep insurance. Hope I can get them soon.

As of now, I've done about 300km in less than three days of having it and it is a pleasurable drive. Will post an initial ownership report after 6 months or so.

In any case, I feel that issues such as non-availability of a particular color or variant or delays in procuring it from the plant, etc. are more an issue with Fiat than with individual dealers themselves. When Fiat is selling under 1000 cars (of each model) every month, they may not have a ready stock of colors in the desired variant. In my case, although it was an April 2012 manufactured vehicle, it was lazy on their part not to ship it to the dealer. They did this only after writing to them and logging a complaint on their toll free number!
Old 27th June 2012, 06:52   #5034
BHPian

It has reached a point where we feel we have had it with FIAT Service. Extremely dissapointed with the non availability of parts, constant failure of one part after another. I'm seriously thinking of selling my Punto by next month.

What i've learned from the FIAT experience is that never again buy a car if the service aspect is suspect. We've had our Verna for over 5 years and not once did we experience any parts delay or any service related issues with Hyundai.

I will seriously discourage prospective buyers to stay away from FIAT if you want to keep the vehicle for more than 2 yrs/50,000 KM.
Old 27th June 2012, 13:18   #5035
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krreddy View Post
It has reached a point where we feel we have had it with FIAT Service. Extremely dissapointed with the non availability of parts, constant failure of one part after another. I'm seriously thinking of selling my Punto by next month. .
Really sad to hear this. Could you post the issues you faced in your ownership thread if it's not too difficult? It would definitely help those who are looking to buy..
Old 27th June 2012, 13:45   #5036
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by krreddy View Post
It has reached a point where we feel we have had it with FIAT Service. Extremely dissapointed with the non availability of parts, constant failure of one part after another.
I will seriously discourage prospective buyers to stay away from FIAT if you want to keep the vehicle for more than 2 yrs/50,000 KM.
I think you need to elaborate your post with details of each failure, non-availability of parts, delay period, dealer / service center name etc so that we all may know and use that information to take a calculated decision on that basis.

Even Maruti Suzuki has problems with parts for niche cars. I have had the Maruti A$$ telling me not to buy a Baleno because parts are NA or prohibitively costly. Don't know the exact truth but it's a hint I took.

I hear Hyundai takes time for Elantra body and engine parts as well.

Do kindly elaborate for our information.
regards
Old 27th June 2012, 13:52   #5037
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

After 15 months and 24k kms i have finally given up on the OEM Audio setup and i feel the need to have that changed soon. Just changing the speakers is a good idea? you guys think it will help?

Also, i am looking at installing reverse parking camera / sensors. At some point or the other it gets really difficult for me as well as dad to park it due to its bulky rear and lack of judgement due to the same. Any pointers for the same will be appreciated.

All in all, extremely happy with the car. No issues so far.

Regards,
Old 27th June 2012, 14:42   #5038
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Guys,

After 15 months and 24k kms i have finally given up on the OEM Audio setup and i feel the need to have that changed soon. Just changing the speakers is a good idea? you guys think it will help?

Also, i am looking at installing reverse parking camera / sensors. At some point or the other it gets really difficult for me as well as dad to park it due to its bulky rear and lack of judgement due to the same. Any pointers for the same will be appreciated.

All in all, extremely happy with the car. No issues so far.

Regards,
Just changing the speakers will sort most of one's requirement as per feedback of many Punto owners that I know of.
But if you are a person who can identify minute details in music, then you should even go for HU upgrade. (see crazy driver's thread)

Also I saw a casing for Punto which can accommodate other HUs and also nearly-match the OE looks.

I have never used a reverse camera.
But I have an autocop reverse sensor setup with a graphic display in the IRVM. it should cost around 4k and is a great assist during parking.

My two cents.

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 27th June 2012 at 15:00.
Old 27th June 2012, 14:50   #5039
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Just changing the speakers will sort most of one's requirement as per feedback of many Punto owners that I know of.
But if you are a person who can identify minute details in music, then you should even go for HU upgrade. (see crazy driver's thread)

Also I saw a casing for Punto which can accommodate other HUs and also nearly-match the OE looks.

I have never used a reverse camera.
But I have an autocop reverse sensor setup with a graphic display in the ORVM. it should cost around 4k and is a great assist during parking.

My two cents.
Thanks a lot for your response.

I think Sensors should do the job. The display is in ORVM? or IRVM?

The HU swap would mean biding good bye to Blue & Me?

Regards,
Old 27th June 2012, 16:30   #5040
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
But I have an autocop reverse sensor setup with a graphic display in the IRVM. it should cost around 4k and is a great assist during parking.
I think this one has a separate rear view mirror with display which can be attached to the default one. But the problem is this does not have night time glare removal mode. It is better to get a reverse sensor with a separate display that sits on the passenger side corner of the dashboard. I recently installed one from the dealership itself. It is some company called "Red Soul", costs 4K as well. May be cheaper outside, but wanted to get in done in the dealership for warranty issues.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks