Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2012, 06:29   #5071
BHPian

Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Congrats parimal for your buying decision.Now the dwindling sales of the Fiat is standing testimony to the customers buying is governed by mind not heart for sure.
Moreover ,the skewed pricing would definitely shoo away even the disceining customers who are great fan of everything and anything FIAT
regards
praveen singh
Old 4th July 2012, 09:11   #5072
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
I finally sat in a Punto yesterday. Disappointed with the ergonomics ! And if I cant be comfortable in the driver seat / co-driver seat, then this car is not for me. Even if it is "the most powerful hatch" in the country today. (like they say it).

Rear seat was ok, though. Overall interior space was also fine.
Sir: Which variant did you sit in? Did you manipulate the seat height?

OT: Fiat is a sporty car eh?
Old 4th July 2012, 11:40   #5073
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I finally sat in a Punto yesterday. Disappointed with the ergonomics ! And if I cant be comfortable in the driver seat / co-driver seat, then this car is not for me. Even if it is "the most powerful hatch" in the country today. (like they say it).

Rear seat was ok, though. Overall interior space was also fine.
When I bought my car, it did take me some time to get acquainted with the seating position.

After some permutations and combinations of seat height and steering tilt, I finally found my best driving position which is -

Seat fully backward, seat height fully up and steering tilt midway. Now I am very comfortable even on long drives, except a slight ankle pain sometimes.
Old 4th July 2012, 12:26   #5074
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
When I bought my car, it did take me some time to get acquainted with the seating position.

After some permutations and combinations of seat height and steering tilt, I finally found my best driving position which is -

Seat fully backward, seat height fully up and steering tilt midway. Now I am very comfortable even on long drives, except a slight ankle pain sometimes.
That's true. It takes some time to get the right comfortable position.
I did the same. Seat to farthest position & steering to lowest position. This makes long travel clutch operation easy. Long drives as well as city stop go drives are comfortable & have not not felt any uneasiness or pain.
Old 4th July 2012, 16:58   #5075
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Sir: Which variant did you sit in? Did you manipulate the seat height?

OT: Fiat is a sporty car eh?
But is the seat different in different veriants ? I dont think so

It is not about height. It was the seat itself. And the over-all feel of sitting in the driver seat.

Shouldnt a sporty car make you forget the seat & help you focus on the road ?
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2012, 17:17   #5076
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But is the seat different in different veriants ? I dont think so

It is not about height. It was the seat itself. And the over-all feel of sitting in the driver seat.

Shouldnt a sporty car make you forget the seat & help you focus on the road ?
The seats are not height adjustable in other than top end variants. Also The rails are eccentric in all FIATs and thats why you get the funny feeling of not sitting right..

Just try a different setting along with the steering rake correctly adjusted for reach and comfort and you will not want to drive another vehicle
Old 4th July 2012, 19:17   #5077
BHPian

Dear all,

I have covered 3600km plus on my OBlue 1.2 Dynamic. Some pictures to say it all. This was noted today evening.

Nothing major to report except what has been mentioned elsewhere as niggles. AC chills like crazy even at 44 degrees NCR heat, at "3" setting.

Neighbors cars have created 9 dings on the doors...6 on the right, 3 on the left.
"Chicken poxed" my car so to speak.

(How dare I complain: they have DL xx number plates, me a UP 14 ha ha!)

Close to infinite clearcoat scratches and a hundred tarantula nests inflicted by a red, wet, "loincloth" loving my car each morning Shall get them polished during the first service.

But what I present to you folks, cooled my heart today! Forgive me but I had only a dumb mobile to take the snaps.

(I was mostly cruising at 75-80kmph, but the Noida Sec 62 traffic killed the speed average.)

Do I love my Punto or what?

Regards.

PS : The petrol pump I fill up from, is the one opposite Fortis Sec 62...not too famous anyways!
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-img0157a.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-img0158a.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-img0159a.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-img0160a.jpg  

Last edited by lapis_lazuli : 4th July 2012 at 19:29.
Old 4th July 2012, 19:26   #5078
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapis_lazuli View Post
Dear all,

I have covered 3600km plus on my OBlue 1.2 Dynamic. Some pictures to say it all. This was noted today evening.

But what I present to you folks, cooled my heart today! Forgive me but I had only a dumb mobile to take the snaps.

(I was mostly cruising at 75-80kmph, but the Noida Sec 62 traffic killed the speed average.)

Do I love my Punto or what

Regards.

The petrol pump I use, is the one opposite Fortis...not too famous anyways!
This is simply awesome mileage man! What did you do to get this sorta mileage from the 1.2 FIRE? I have the same engine in a T.Wine Color '11 Punto. In city I can't seem to extract more than 11kmpl and my driving style is not all that harsh. Pointers would be helpful.

Cheers,
K
Old 4th July 2012, 19:47   #5079
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaush666 View Post
Pointers would be helpful.

K

I am no veteran, but, I shift gears at around 1800-2000rpm most of the times and I am on 5th when I touch 45. And, I never expect very high "pickup" from my car when starting from stops or wherever, just let it relax even if the cars behind me honk like crazy.

I have no add-ons, K&N's or whatever.

I cannot comment on how right or wrong this is, but this has become my habit:

For me: Shift to second at 15kmph (happens very fast, and I do it all the time), to third at 30, to 4th at 40, and 5th at 45 and then wait for the car to gradually reach cruising speed, and then ease the accelerator a wee bit.

(And yes, the AC was on only partially, say 50%.)

Last edited by lapis_lazuli : 4th July 2012 at 19:54.
Old 4th July 2012, 20:48   #5080
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueblooded View Post
Congrats parimal for your buying decision.Now the dwindling sales of the Fiat is standing testimony to the customers buying is governed by mind not heart for sure.
Moreover ,the skewed pricing would definitely shoo away even the disceining customers who are great fan of everything and anything FIAT
regards
praveen singh
Thanks a lot, i know my decision is not that smart, as i can get easily sedan at this price, but then this pricing is close to polo and i20 so its ok, and there is no other 90 HP version other than sport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
The seats are not height adjustable in other than top end variants. Also The rails are eccentric in all FIATs and thats why you get the funny feeling of not sitting right..

Just try a different setting along with the steering rake correctly adjusted for reach and comfort and you will not want to drive another vehicle
I saw a 2012 Dynamic Punto which has adjustable Seat height.
Old 4th July 2012, 21:38   #5081
BHPian

[quote=parimal_g;2829712]Thanks a lot, i know my decision is not that smart, as i can get easily sedan at this price, but then this pricing is close to polo and i20 so its ok, and there is no other 90 HP version other than sport. [quote]

oh come on who said that your decision is not smart .There is no car like fiat in their peers and i dont like any other like after i succumbed to the charms of fiat punto .
have fun with your punto
regards
praveen singh

Last edited by khan_sultan : 11th July 2012 at 11:01. Reason: fixed quotes
Old 4th July 2012, 21:43   #5082
BHPian

[quote=blueblooded;2829761]
Quote:
Originally Posted by parimal_g View Post
Thanks a lot, i know my decision is not that smart, as i can get easily sedan at this price, but then this pricing is close to polo and i20 so its ok, and there is no other 90 HP version other than sport.

oh come on who said that your decision is not smart .There is no car like fiat in their peers and i dont like any other like after i succumbed to the charms of fiat punto .
have fun with your punto
regards
praveen singh
Ha ha, I am not taking about myself, this is what others will say,
As at this price i can get a Dezire DDis, Top end Manza as well as Base version of Sunny. And am a hardcore Fiat Fan, My palio has Just completed 1,18,000 Kms and am Still loving every km with her. Fiats are something beyond Cars.
parimal_g is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2012, 22:20   #5083
BHPian

Fiats are something beyond Cars.Very true.
Well,each time i drive my punto ,I am on clound nine ,it gives me confidence to take on any
sort of road .
A complete fun to drive and own stuff .
regards
praveen singh
blueblooded is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2012, 13:45   #5084
BHPian

I just paid 8L for my 90 HP. I'd say it's totally worth it.
Old 5th July 2012, 14:30   #5085
BHPian

FIAT dont sell their cars ,rather the customers buy them.But the recent turnaround in the fortunes may entail better customer satisfaction and hence better sales too.
The jinx once broken ,it will off the showrooms like hot cakes
The ride and robustness of fiats gives immense confidence and sense of security lacking in other hatchbacks
regards
praveen singh

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks