Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2012, 13:38   #5116
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Fiat Punto: Worth waiting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
The 250 kg extra in the Punto (over the Swift) need not necessarily be a good thing. Cars will be made lighter eventually, owing to better efficiency. More the weight, the more to lug around.
1. Swift ZDI weighs 1080kgs, Punto MJD EP 75hp weighs 1130kg, the difference is 50kg only, not 250kg. One extra female passenger/some luggage in the car is enough to offset the weight advantage.

2. Fuel Efficiency is not an concern with Punto MJD, out on the roads it delivers FE as good as Swift.
.anshuman is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th July 2012, 15:42   #5117

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
IMO, the facelifted Punto would not be launched now.

Cheers!

Fiat Delays Launch of Two Models - WSJ.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
Their main focus now is on building their independent dealership network and service network throughout the country and rejuvenating the brand image to more acceptable levels than what it is now.
For sure Fiat is very serious about their own identity rather then making its customers more confused. That is the reason of getting Fiat Cafe openings (till today, 2 only, 1 in Delhi and 1 in Pune, however, more are in pipeline), however, having a service contract with TATA till 2035, I am not sure if there is a plan for the building an independent service network. Although, heard good words for the TATA owned Fiat service centers till now.

And yes, according to what advices I am getting from all Team-Bhpians (plus my inner instincts), I should go ahead and buy it now rather then getting my face-lift because of any price hike
Old 19th July 2012, 16:41   #5118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypswift View Post
Hi All,

Planning to buy my first diesel car. Options were below according to the budget (<=6.5 lk):

-- Beat Diesel (PS, Base model)
If your heart is set on Punto, then go for it. No point in repenting later on and no point in waiting for the refreshed Punto, based on a vague news. There is nothing concrete about this news.

Regarding Beat D, I don't know why you shortlisted the base model. The Delhi ex-showroom price of Beat D LT variant(top-end) with the optional safety pack is just 5.7 lacs. So it should easily fit your budget.

Besides, have you looked at Vista diesel? Super spacious, same engine as Punto, cheaper to maintain, the niggles have come down significantly, the VX variant(with ABS+Airbags) fits your budget perfectly. Take a TD of Vista and all other cars before you finalize.

All the best!
Old 19th July 2012, 16:57   #5119
BHPian

I would strongly recommend that you pick up from the existing Fiat line up. I just picked up the 90HP and within a month the sports model was out but I have no regrets. I wouldn't pay for the sports model and neither do I like it. Fiat is slow with updates and IMHO there won't be any new models any time soon.
I would also recommend that you stretch to at least the Emotion variant as that is where you get the stuff that puts you in a different league. I will not get into the Punto Vs other hatchbacks discussion as I am of the opinion that there should not be any such discussions

Last edited by Pedaltothefloor : 19th July 2012 at 16:59.
Old 19th July 2012, 17:02   #5120
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
For sure Fiat is very serious about their own identity rather then making its customers more confused. That is the reason of getting Fiat Cafe openings (till today, 2 only, 1 in Delhi and 1 in Pune, however, more are in pipeline), however, having a service contract with TATA till 2035, I am not sure if there is a plan for the building an independent service network. Although, heard good words for the TATA owned Fiat service centers till now.
2035?? where did that come from?

Not sure if you had gone through this thread and this post in particular.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2774091

All of us current Fiat owners received a personal email like this about the independent Fiat service/dealer network getting established in a span of the next 1 year. I have even spoken to the local dealership (tata-fiat) where I get my car serviced, and they were saying the independent servicing will start from sometime around Jan 2013. Most dealerships have already been appointed and the servicing staff are undergoing technical training by Fiat in batches. Independent dealerships/servicing will most likely kickoff as per schedule in early 2013.

Sorry if the post was slightly OT with respect to the thread's intent. Just wanted to clarify .

Last edited by KarthikK : 19th July 2012 at 17:06.
Old 19th July 2012, 17:07   #5121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

Planning to buy my first diesel car. Options were below according to the budget (<=6.5 lk):
Image from Frankfurt auto show of September 2011:
I dont intend to confuse you or start any speculations here. I am only telling you what i was told by the Service adviser at my Fiat dealer here.

Currently Fiat India is only concentrating on 2 new models; Bravo & Panda & their individual sales and service network. No face lift or other new launches are round the corner. I had posted this information on another thread also. The mechanical & electrical training for the same 2 models has already begun and my SA was to attend a work shop at Pune plant along with other SA's from all dealerships across.

I would also suggest you to go ahead with the current Punto purchase. Its a brilliant car and i am one happy 25k kms and 15 month old customer.

Regards,
h@r$h@l is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2012, 18:27   #5122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
I would also suggest you to go ahead with the current Punto purchase. Its a brilliant car and i am one happy 25k kms and 15 month old customer.

Regards,
Very interesting that you own a Fiat and a Hyundai. Could you share the story behind that?
Old 19th July 2012, 19:15   #5123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Currently Fiat India is only concentrating on 2 new models; Bravo & Panda
I can understand Fiat launching Panda below the Punto range, but Bravo? I mean, how is the Bravo going to be positioned?

I also think Fiat should launch the Punto Evo and the Evo-based Linea as well. Although I'm not a fan of the Punto Evo exteriors, I really like the interiors (based on pics).
Old 19th July 2012, 19:40   #5124
BHPian

Quote:
I dont intend to confuse you or start any speculations here. I am only telling you what i was told by the Service adviser at my Fiat dealer here.

Currently Fiat India is only concentrating on 2 new models; Bravo & Panda & their individual sales and service network. No face lift or other new launches are round the corner. I had posted this information on another thread also. The mechanical & electrical training for the same 2 models has already begun and my SA was to attend a work shop at Pune plant along with other SA's from all dealerships across.
Thanks ! Any idea even remotely of the price point of Bravo ? I hope it will be assembled in India rather than CBU/CKD.
Old 19th July 2012, 21:25   #5125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedaltothefloor View Post
Very interesting that you own a Fiat and a Hyundai. Could you share the story behind that?
Thats a good one. Dad drives the i20. He loved the car for its comfortable steering and all the gizmos and safety features. Also the engine is awesome and very refined.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
I can understand Fiat launching Panda below the Punto range, but Bravo? I mean, how is the Bravo going to be positioned?

I also think Fiat should launch the Punto Evo and the Evo-based Linea as well. Although I'm not a fan of the Punto Evo exteriors, I really like the interiors (based on pics).
Quote:
Originally Posted by indivic View Post
Thanks ! Any idea even remotely of the price point of Bravo ? I hope it will be assembled in India rather than CBU/CKD.
Sorry man. Since this guy is taking care of the service area he is only aware of those things. He did mention that they have been given a hint of a "suv" training in near future. But again that was just a verbal communication they had with the reps at Fiat. So no concrete talks yet.

Regards,
Old 19th July 2012, 22:23   #5126

Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
2035?? where did that come from?
It has been come from the same source, FIAT customer advisor. But yes if the info you have shared is true, its good only for existing and upcoming FIAT customers. Thanks for sharing this info, a great news, indeed!!
Old 22nd July 2012, 00:41   #5127
BHPian

Finally took the delivery of my 90 HP sports , and change the tyres to Michelin Primacy LC first and the difference between noise level felt immediately, i have driven the 90 HP Old model as well, so following are the quick difference which i felt.
1> Much improved NHV.
2> Better AC.
3> Much Better Speakers.
4> Ground Clearance Increase, but which led to Body roll, and the difference is noticeable.
5> Overall Plastic finish has improved a lot and sports version has Chrome finish for door handles and on AC vents tip. Also Dash board has soft finish like T jet Linea.

But am getting very low mileage its showing only 10 Km/Lit in city, hope it improves, but again in Dombivli Roads are in hopeless conditions, so max 3rd gear. Otherwise am loving it..!!!
Old 22nd July 2012, 11:02   #5128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parimal_g View Post
Finally took the delivery of my 90 HP sports , and change the tyres to Michelin Primacy LC first and the difference between noise level felt immediately, i have driven the 90 HP Old model as well, so following are the quick difference which i felt.
1> Much improved NHV.
2> Better AC.
3> Much Better Speakers.
4> Ground Clearance Increase, but which led to Body roll, and the difference is noticeable.
5> Overall Plastic finish has improved a lot and sports version has Chrome finish for door handles and on AC vents tip. Also Dash board has soft finish like T jet Linea.

But am getting very low mileage its showing only 10 Km/Lit in city, hope it improves, but again in Dombivli Roads are in hopeless conditions, so max 3rd gear. Otherwise am loving it..!!!
Congrats! Please note that the 2012 90 HP and the 90 HP Sports model are exactly the same except for cosmetic differences. All the things highlighted above apply to older models of 90 HP.
Old 22nd July 2012, 16:46   #5129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedaltothefloor View Post
Congrats! Please note that the 2012 90 HP and the 90 HP Sports model are exactly the same except for cosmetic differences. All the things highlighted above apply to older models of 90 HP.
Hey thanks a lot, i was not referring to the new 90 HP version, i was talking about the one Launched in 2010, the OLD 90 HP not the 2012 Version.
Old 23rd July 2012, 13:12   #5130
BHPian

One issue faced in my cousin,s punto mjd.
A small colour chip has came out of handle bar in front door. There was no rubbing against any car but still colour has came off.
What can be done so that the other coat doesnt come off?
Sorry no pics will try to get it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks