Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2012, 23:28   #5101
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
Also, the fact that the dealer seems to be keen on selling Fiat cars makes me hopeful that they will open a Fiat exclusive dealership.
I got confirmation from Hyson Motors that they are indeed starting a Fiat exclusive dealership in Thrissur. The new showroom will be located on the NH bypass (Mannuthy bypass) near Kuttanelloor.

I received this news when I got a call from Hyson regarding the "health" of my Punto. They also told me that I will probably be receiving a call from Fiat about the dealership/service experience. Since I haven't taken my car for service recently, I guess this call from Fiat will be to get some sort of independent feedback about existing dealers.
Old 16th July 2012, 11:21   #5102
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
I got confirmation from Hyson Motors that they are indeed starting a Fiat exclusive dealership in Thrissur. The new showroom will be located on the NH bypass (Mannuthy bypass) near Kuttanelloor.
Thanks for the information. Did they mention the timeline?
Looks like the NH bypass is the new automobile hub of Thrissur
Old 16th July 2012, 13:53   #5103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Thanks for the information. Did they mention the timeline?
Sorry, don't know the timeline. I didn't ask for that information because I assumed that it would be ready by the year-end.
StarrySky is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2012, 19:13   #5104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Anyone had issues with warranty after upgrading the stock HU? Does FIAT enforce this warranty thing as strictly as VW and other Europeans?
I had upgraded the stock speakers and after a year or so my Blue&Me unit went kaput (There was supposedly a Butyl Tape that needed to put on pre 2010 models). FIAT replaced the Blue&ME unit without any hassles, so I don't think they are that particular about it as long as now wires are cut.
Old 18th July 2012, 23:00   #5105

Fiat Punto: Worth waiting?

Hi All,

Planning to buy my first diesel car. Options were below according to the budget (<=6.5 lk):

-- Beat Diesel (PS, Base model)
-- Tata Indiogo eCS
-- Swift Ldi
-- Ford Figo
-- Fiat Punto 1.3 multijet (Active, Base model)

Finalized for Fiat Punto for various reasons. First and foremost, its 1.3 multijet engine. Took a test ride and preferred this over any diesel hatchback. Second a complete VFM car. If one is getting front power window, power steering, AC/heater, CD/mp3 player with four speakers, central locking, inside this 250 kg more curb weight car (then Maruti Swift), I believe there are less chances to go for other option. Also, I don’t like the idea of selling the car before purchasing it, not good at all with the word re-sale value.

Question:

As per the updates are coming, I believe that a facelift version of Fiat Grand Punto is about to launch in India between October 2012 – December 2012. However, that may be at a higher cost for it if our government continue to hate diesel cars.

Is it worth to wait for an uplifted face version of grand punto OR should I go ahead with the current Punto version? I am keeping my fingers crossed that if at all there will be a price hike (at all) within 2-3 months because of govt. policies for diesel cars, it will hit the hatchback segment by 1 – 1.5 lakhs.

New features can be read at Fiat worldwide site:

Fiat / Showroom / Punto 2012

Image from Frankfurt auto show of September 2011:
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-182012fiatpuntoiaa2011.jpg  

Old 19th July 2012, 00:52   #5106
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat Punto: Worth waiting?

Hi,

When i was in the market looking for a diesel hatchback last year, there was news of Punto Evo or a facelift to be launched early 2012, as we've seen that hasn't happened.

I'd recommend you go ahead with the existing model, unless you have confirmed source telling you of the facelift launch. Fiat may or may not launch it by October 2012 and you may not be very happy if yo wait a few months and end up buying what you could've bought 4 months back.

Cheers!
shashank.nk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2012, 02:04   #5107
Team-BHP Support

The Punto is a good option. Do take a look at he Figo too. It's a very competent hatch and extremely VFM for what it offers.

The 250 kg extra in the Punto (over the Swift) need not necessarily be a good thing. Cars will be made lighter eventually, owing to better efficiency. More the weight, the more to lug around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post

When i was in the market looking for a diesel hatchback last year, there was news of Punto Evo or a facelift to be launched early 2012, as we've seen that hasn't happened.
Fiat had indeed launched the face-lifted Punto and Linea in 2012, but they were very minor tweaks.
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2012, 08:03   #5108
Senior - BHPian

Fiat is slow with the updates. Since we got a refreshed model in the starting of the year, I guess any more changes will be further away. Then, there is the uncertainty of price fluctuations.

I think if you like the car, you should go ahead with it now. If possible, try and get the new Dynamic (The old Emotion). GP is a highway car and you would want ABS.

The prices have gone up, but Delhi is still the best place to get a car in India. Other than Goa if its a petrol. Are there no offers?
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2012, 08:06   #5109
Senior - BHPian

Since you are already sold out on the Punto, it will be better that you go ahead and buy the hatch before the GOI starts thinking again on the hiking the tax on the diesel cars.

BTW did you test drive the hatches you shortlisted. Surprised that Figo did not attract you. Suggest you to check out the Titanium variant in case you can up your budget, you will get much more than the Punto.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2012, 11:21   #5110
Senior - BHPian

Since Punto has already received a facelift in Jan'2012, I dont feel Fiat will introduce any new model in this year. But the Punto-Evo is certainly on the cards; maybe in 2013 earliest. Fiat does'nt seem to be eager to expand their product range. In that case waiting for so long will not be a good option.

I would recommend for the ABS & EBS and Active does'nt have it. So recommend you to consider the Dynamic atleast with ABS. Go through the forum and you will find so many people lamenting for the absence of ABS in their car.

Also check the Polo Comfortline and the Figo Titanium once more before you finalise.
Old 19th July 2012, 11:27   #5111

Thanks all for your advice and clearing up my mind a bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
BTW did you test drive the hatches you shortlisted. Surprised that Figo did not attract you. Suggest you to check out the Titanium variant in case you can up your budget, you will get much more than the Punto.
For sure Figo is a good catch and now a days having a hold on market, however when I seen both Punto and Figo together, it was not only the power (Punto: 76@4000, Figo: 69@4000) but was the looks of this Italian beauty which took the deal from me. I was prepared to increase my budget for Figo titanium after its test drive and looking at its features, but the Punto representative clashes with Figo time and I got a chance to see both together.

PS: Punto's facelift version never launch in India. Punto launched in Jan 2012 in India with the name "Grande Punto" with the features like central locking, bit changes in interiors, made mp3 playes common in all models and with seven extra microprocessors for sensors and indicators.
Gypswift is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2012, 11:56   #5112
Distinguished - BHPian

IMO, the facelifted Punto would not be launched now.
Quote:
Fiat has pushed back the timing of the introduction of new versions of two models—the Grande Punto and the Bravo—to 2014 at the earliest, people familiar with the Italian auto maker's plans said. These models were the only new Fiat-badged cars that the group had scheduled to bring to market in 2013.
Cheers!

Fiat Delays Launch of Two Models - WSJ.com
Old 19th July 2012, 12:07   #5113
Senior - BHPian

Go ahead and buy.
No need to wait for the updates.
The one you are seeing as updated Punto is Evo and it will come with a higher price.
Before govt puts some extra tax on diesel cars better buy the car.
download2live is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2012, 12:21   #5114
tud
BHPian

Go for the current version. With the Presidential elections happening today, there is news of a diesel price rise this week. This will eventually come to the debate on diesel car price hike due to taxes. And with Punto 2012 launched in January, there may not be a new model coming in. Also with the current tata bye bye to TATA and FIAT setting up exclusive dealerships, new launches are definitely far away.

Cheers!
Old 19th July 2012, 12:22   #5115
Team-BHP Support

As far as I am aware, Fiat will not bring out any more cars or updates this year. Perhaps the only thing they might do is give the minor facelift treatment (that they did to the Linea) to the T-Jet. Their main focus now is on building their independent dealership network and service network throughout the country and rejuvenating the brand image to more acceptable levels than what it is now. Till around beginning of next year, this is their main focus. I heard this coming from the Fiat dealership itself. I guess you must go ahead with the purchase now, it is not worth waiting for something which doesn't have any concrete information. I agree with download2live. Get the car before they (govt) mess around with taxes and bump up the prices again.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks