Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2011, 21:20   #3181
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post

I doubt if there is a 5 feet tall person here who is enjoying his/ her Punto.
Refer my post #3178. I have no problems pressing the clutch pedal fully!!
Old 18th February 2011, 09:50   #3182
Senior - BHPian

^^ I read your earlier post. You are 5 feet *and a few inches*. I am 5 feet and 4 inches tall and I did not face much of a problem.
However, my wife is just 5 feet tall and for her the ergonomics got messed up.
The few inches is what is making the difference, in my opinion.
Old 18th February 2011, 16:46   #3183
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
I get my car washed everyday. Is it recommended?

Or a weekly wash is better?

I feel a dry wipe everyday will lead to more scratches. So I was him to sprinkle the car with water first then clean it.
Depends on your parking / driving environment. If your car gets dirty everyday (as mine do)....well, wash it everyday! My cars are washed 7 days of the week and some of them hold up well even after 5 - 7 years on original paint

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
He showed me a demo where he pressed the clutch pedal around 80% and changed the gears - mind you, this is with engine in off condition.

Question: Does this practice not impact the gear box or any other mechanical part in any way?
Don't even think about this as a workaround to your problem. When the clutch is brand new, sure you can get away with it. However, with wear & tear, there will soon be a day when you won't be able to engage gears by pushing the clutch only 80% of the way. Not without brutally grinding them, that is.

About the ergonomics : Agreed. The Punto / Linea are designed for Italian bone structures. Even after spending 3 (or was it 4?) days in the Linea T-Jet, I just couldn't find the "perfect" driving position. It's all down to individual preferences. Some people can live with it, some can't. You are the only person who can decide for yourself!
Old 20th February 2011, 20:17   #3184
Senior - BHPian

I haven't seen any red 90 hp in tbhp, so thought of sharing some pics of what is going to be my last visit to a Fiat showroom. Because some things never change.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-photo2241.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-photo2242.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-photo2244.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-photo2245.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-photo2246.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-photo2247.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-photo2248.jpg  

Old 20th February 2011, 22:55   #3185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Don't even think about this as a workaround to your problem. When the clutch is brand new, sure you can get away with it. However, with wear & tear, there will soon be a day when you won't be able to engage gears by pushing the clutch only 80% of the way. Not without brutally grinding them, that is.
Agreed. Have erased off Punto from my list for the moment. It is a good package though.
Old 21st February 2011, 13:15   #3186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
I haven't seen any red 90 hp in tbhp, so thought of sharing some pics of what is going to be my last visit to a Fiat showroom. Because some things never change.
What happened?

You seem to have had a terrible time with some FIAT A.S.S guy.
Old 21st February 2011, 22:42   #3187

Just back from a month long trip to europe and i have my first problem with my BNW Punto MJD Emotion pack. The car was parked from last 4 days (my brother was using it during my absence). Now the car is not moving at all !! It looks like something is struck in the rear brake drums and the wheels are locked?? Anybody faced this problem before in a punto ? I had read a similar problem in a VW polo. Request gurus to advice please? Plan to call Prerana Motor guys tomorrow as it is too late now. Hope it's not a mjor issue.
Old 22nd February 2011, 10:53   #3188
BHPian

^ I've had similar problems in my old Zen when the car remains parked for a long time and the weather is cold. It most probably is due to the handbrake getting jammed.

Try engaging and disengaging handbrake multiple times to see if it works, it should usually. Else TASS for the rescue.

4 days is usually a very short time but if you're parking it for longer intervals, like 10+ days, it's better not to engage handbrake all the way up, just engage it half way through.
Old 22nd February 2011, 14:21   #3189
Distinguished - BHPian

Its been 2 weeks since I have booked my 1.2 Dynamic but Fiat doesnt seem to be manufacturing the variant this month. Have finally changed my booking to the 1.2 Emotion in black which Concorde Motors Cochin says is available with the company. Hoping to get it in another 12 days. Fingers are crossed !
Old 22nd February 2011, 16:32   #3190
Senior - BHPian

Anybody got the Airconditioning kit upgrade for the 1.4? Contacted Rama Motors, Okhla,Delhi and they still don't have it.
Anybody who has already got it done - what are the changes? Is cooling a lot better? Pics would be great.
Old 22nd February 2011, 16:57   #3191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
Anybody got the Airconditioning kit upgrade for the 1.4? Contacted Rama Motors, Okhla,Delhi and they still don't have it.
Anybody who has already got it done - what are the changes? Is cooling a lot better? Pics would be great.
Coolkurt, IIRC, our forum member "samsan02" has done the AC upgrade for his GP 1.4. You can get in touch with him for further details or check out his ownership thread.

Also, one more member "hemanth.anand" has upgraded the AC for his GP 1.2. Check his ownership thread.

Last edited by sharma_sanjeevi : 22nd February 2011 at 17:01.
Old 22nd February 2011, 19:23   #3192
Senior - BHPian

I recently test drove a 1.2 mjd emotion pack Punto with the newer AC. All I can say is that the AC is an absolute chiller. I thought it was better than the Figo I tested a week earlier which is already known for a very good AC. I had also driven an earlier EP 1.3 MJD and I was disappointed with its AC then. No doubt Fiat has definitely improved the AC.
Old 22nd February 2011, 20:13   #3193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharma_sanjeevi View Post
Coolkurt, IIRC, our forum member "samsan02" has done the AC upgrade for his GP 1.4. You can get in touch with him for further details or check out his ownership thread.

Also, one more member "hemanth.anand" has upgraded the AC for his GP 1.2. Check his ownership thread.
Is the kit available for 1.3 variants too?

Last edited by GTO : 24th February 2011 at 09:34. Reason: Correcting spelling errors. Please PROOF-READ your post before submitting.
Old 22nd February 2011, 22:00   #3194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
Is the kit available for 1.3 variants too?
AFAIK, the change is for PETROL Linea & Punto only.
The 1.3 MJD AC dosent have any complaints, it cools suffciently. FIAT released an official statement for the retrofitting of the New AC Kits for Petrol Cars.

Last edited by GTO : 24th February 2011 at 09:34. Reason: Correcting quoted post
Old 24th February 2011, 11:19   #3195
BHPian

I have observed that "autoclose" of the doors is not happening in my Punto Active MJD. The owner manual says that doors autoclose after speed > 20kmph for all the variants. I am not able to observe this.

The owner manual also says that this feature can be enabled / disabled by the MFD. Can existing punto owners enlighten me on how to identify this feature in the menu and turn in ON.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks