Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2011, 01:42   #3121
BHPian

Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

@drrusso and aditya116

Please take your car to service station asap. I took mine over the weekend and they sorted the problem out.

In the service receipt it was mentioned as "suspension disassembled and assembled again with new parts".

However the parts details were not mentioned. The problem is rectified now and I do feel the steering is slightly better now.

-PK

Last edited by pk_del : 5th February 2011 at 01:43.
Old 5th February 2011, 13:44   #3122
Distinguished - BHPian

Has anyone fitted a dual DIN head unit on the Punto ? If so, could you let me know the details of the model & price.
Old 5th February 2011, 18:20   #3123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Has anyone fitted a dual DIN head unit on the Punto ? If so, could you let me know the details of the model & price.
Me too searching for the same, saw one fitted in a Chennai Linea but not sure if that is possible in Punto.
Old 6th February 2011, 08:21   #3124
Senior - BHPian

I would imagine if its possible on the Linea, it is possible on a Punto, since they pretty much share the same dashboard.
Old 6th February 2011, 12:03   #3125
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
Me too searching for the same, saw one fitted in a Chennai Linea but not sure if that is possible in Punto.
Any idea which HU it was ? The salesperson was pretty sure that a dual DIN HU wont fit on the Punto but I have a feeling it might. Want to ensure that it does before taking the plunge & buying a HU.
Old 7th February 2011, 11:37   #3126
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by julupani View Post
Ok, I think i should put this argument to rest. This pic is from a Nov 09 Punto 1.4 Epack. I think its only the E-pack which gets these, but some Puntos sure do so.

@sks
Which variant is your Punto?
Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Guys,

Got my punto today evening. Cars just awesome. Love everything about it. I checked in my car and it has 4 speakers; 1 on each door and 2 tweeters; 1 on each of the 2 front doors.
@julupani,
You are right, Its only the Epacks that get the tweeters.
I opened the tweeter cover on my car's front door and there wasr just a hole and i could touch the polythene cover inside the door.
Mine is an August 2010 1.2 Emotion variant. NO TWEETERS!
Old 7th February 2011, 12:12   #3127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Any idea which HU it was ? The salesperson was pretty sure that a dual DIN HU wont fit on the Punto but I have a feeling it might. Want to ensure that it does before taking the plunge & buying a HU.
Here is the link http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...-possible.html, checked with some fitters in Bangalore but they don't have any clue, if I am visiting Chennai in recent future will go to Technokrat for details.
Old 7th February 2011, 18:47   #3128
BHPian

hi, sorry if someone has already answered this question but I read somewhere on this forum that the 2011 models (not a facelift but just manufactured in 2011) are " lighter " and therefore less laggy than the previous punto's.

Is this true?
Thanks
Old 8th February 2011, 07:39   #3129
Senior - BHPian

I think some amount of weight shedding has been done, but I dont think it was anything significant, to really have a major effect on anything. It was probably not out of a conscious weight saving effort, rather a cost saving effort which helped save a bit of weight. The Punto I beleive is still the heaviest car in its class.

What exactly do you mean "laggy"?? If you mean turbo-lag of the diesel, it will remain same no matter what the weight.
Old 8th February 2011, 11:44   #3130
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

The 90hp I re-drove in december '10 felt much quicker and accelerated strongly. And we checked out a 1.2 emotion and its door closed with a thud instead of a thunk. So, some weight has been reduced and Fiat is silent about it. Its only if you look at the old and new brochures then you come to know about it. Now whats stopping Fiat from improving the interior quality and electrical niggles?
Old 8th February 2011, 12:20   #3131
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Need to know one thing: Fiat doesnt manufacture 90HP in silver. But if one places a custom order for a silver 90HP, will Fiat manufacture for that customer?
Silver=minimal grey.
And second-to those who own exotica red puntos: Hows the paint quality overall? And is it easy to maintain and does it retain its shine even after heavy abuse?
Old 8th February 2011, 14:47   #3132
BHPian

Guys,

Just came back from long drive to Vellore in y Nov 1.3 Punto MJD.Car was just fantastic on highways, however had a peculier problem. On high speeds though all the windows were up still felt some sound of air coming from driver's window.Is this normal or some where there is a leak and thus resulting in the air gussing in ?

Please advice if anyone faced thus a isse as well

Cheers,

HarryB
Old 8th February 2011, 14:47   #3133
BHPian

Folks,

Did someone upgraded their headlights for GP e+? Few questions
1) Best choice to go (no warranty denial for relay cuts others)
2) Cost of the choice
3) If possible night time picture to show the output (I know it's too much)

Planning to upgrade them in my GP

Thanks,
R
Old 8th February 2011, 14:50   #3134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by julupani View Post

What exactly do you mean "laggy"?? If you mean turbo-lag of the diesel, it will remain same no matter what the weight.
Thanks, well Ive heard that the 1.2 petrol engine is not able to perform well on the punto due to its weight, so by laggy I meant that slowness type of feel you get while driving the 1.2 punto..
Old 8th February 2011, 17:26   #3135
Senior - BHPian

The 1.2 is a bit low on torque, especially at the lower rpms. But all of whom I know havn't really complained. May not exactly be very fast, but I am sure if you push the engine it should perform very well.

Having not driven it myself, I cant really say for sure. But even in our 1.4GPE there is a pretty heavy difference in performance between when you are relaxed and keeping the revs below 3500rpm, and when you drive spiritedly trying to keep the revs above 3000 all the time.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks