Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2010, 10:03   #1621
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsan02 View Post
Yes, I insisted them to explain why this happened, but they gave some vague statements saying the part may be defective and will be replaced under waranty. Also said few Lineas had the same issue.
Not sure what could be the reason, HPS fluid giving away so quickly in a new car thats really surprising. Will update once the fix is done.
our very won BHPian clevermax also got his Puntos steering assembly replaced due to some leakage and noise. It was replaced free of cost. no need to worry. He got 1 Litre of power steering fluid also for free
Old 6th April 2010, 12:10   #1622
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerfan View Post
our very won BHPian clevermax also got his Puntos steering assembly replaced due to some leakage and noise. It was replaced free of cost. no need to worry. He got 1 Litre of power steering fluid also for free
Yes that's right
My Punto's steering box was replaced under warranty and the car is running fine just like new after the replacement. Here is the link to my posts

The problem I had (due to low fluid level as a result of excessive leak)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post1651386

The resolution:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1721486

@samsan02: Yes your car is leaking PS fluid for sure. The gasket in the steering box is the culprit. Fiat's bad or no quality check for OEM part suppliers!

And, your steering feel will be much better once you get a good steering box installed

Last edited by clevermax : 6th April 2010 at 12:14.
Old 6th April 2010, 12:38   #1623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
@samsan02: Yes your car is leaking PS fluid for sure. The gasket in the steering box is the culprit. Fiat's bad or no quality check for OEM part suppliers!

And, your steering feel will be much better once you get a good steering box installed
Thanks Clevermax, for all the info. Its comforting to know that the fix resolves the original problem. Yesterday they said they have the part available with them, so dont have to wait for it to arrive. I am hoping that for Fiat this is a known issue and they have corrected the problem in their new parts at dealers.

I had the same sound/problem which I had mentioned to Fiat at 1st service when I had left the car unused for 2 weeks. Probably they just topped the PS fluid then. Even in free service camp they topped the fluids. But I dint bother to look at what all they did. But eventually the PS fluid gave away.

Will update more once I get back my punto.
Old 6th April 2010, 15:38   #1624
BHPian

Does anyone know why FIAT recommends or allows remote car central locking(FIAT OE) for Punto Dynamic only and not Active ?

(below is an extract from the website's Punto accessories section !)

Car Central Locking for Fiat cars allows you to safeguard your car easily using a hi-range remote.
Remote range - over 100 ft.
Other features - water proof, high security code.
(Applicable for Linea Active and Punto Dynamic only) Part Number: 59116434 | MRP: RS.4290
Old 6th April 2010, 15:43   #1625
Senior - BHPian

punto active does not come with manual central lock thats why this cannot be fitted directly, you need a full remote locking kit that includes manual central lock also.
Fiat has approved a brand called cross link wheels, which i have already fitted from the dealer here in bangalore.
It costs 4400/- and works well.
Old 6th April 2010, 16:36   #1626
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
punto active does not come with manual central lock thats why this cannot be fitted directly, you need a full remote locking kit that includes manual central lock also.
Fiat has approved a brand called cross link wheels, which i have already fitted from the dealer here in bangalore.
It costs 4400/- and works well.
Are you suggesting that Punto Active owners can get the 'cross link wheels' full remote central locking kit from the outside world ? or get get this kit done from Fiat dealership itself ?
Old 6th April 2010, 18:28   #1627
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by better4worse View Post
Are you suggesting that Punto Active owners can get the 'cross link wheels' full remote central locking kit from the outside world ? or get get this kit done from Fiat dealership itself ?

Probably I need to add some more here to explain my point, the guy at RAMA motors, Delhi is flatly refusing that any such item is available for Active. According to him any central locking for Punto Active would only come in Oct.

Can you please share the dealership name/number ?
Old 6th April 2010, 23:06   #1628
BHPian

2009 Emo pk with discount.

One of my friend is in the process of buying a GP 1.4 Bossa Nova white Emotion variant. He was earlier vying for the Emo Pk model, but I guess that was a bit out of reach. Today, he visited the dealership to inquire about the loan process and the manager had an option for him. They have two Nov 2009 models of Emo Pk, BN white which are on display at their other dealership. According to him, he can provide a discount of almost 35 k on that model and it it is fully loaded as it is the Emo pk. The reason for this model still being unsold according to him was that they had arrived along with the festival lot and hence, apart from them, all the other had been sold.

What do you say guys?! Is it worth it?

They are also providing free insurance (premium not to be paid for the first year) of around 20k on every vehicle that is booked through them and it is mandatory.

What according to you guys should my friend check when he inspects the vehicle?

Please respond

Last edited by ?ushk@r : 6th April 2010 at 23:10. Reason: Incomplete sentence
Old 6th April 2010, 23:35   #1629
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by better4worse View Post
Probably I need to add some more here to explain my point, the guy at RAMA motors, Delhi is flatly refusing that any such item is available for Active. According to him any central locking for Punto Active would only come in Oct.

Can you please share the dealership name/number ?
Prerana motors bangalore Ph: 42350184 / 85 / 86

Its better to get it fitted at the dealer itself, if he has that in stock or else try to contact other dealers in your city or near by.
Old 6th April 2010, 23:35   #1630
BHPian

In Bangalore they are giving free Insurance and some cash discounts on all Tata Indica and Fiat Punto models. Checked it yesterday itself.
Old 6th April 2010, 23:45   #1631
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ?ushk@r View Post

One of my friend is in the process of buying a GP 1.4 Bossa Nova white Emotion variant. He was earlier vying for the Emo Pk model, but I guess that was a bit out of reach. Today, he visited the dealership to inquire about the loan process and the manager had an option for him. They have two Nov 2009 models of Emo Pk, BN white which are on display at their other dealership. According to him, he can provide a discount of almost 35 k on that model and it it is fully loaded as it is the Emo pk. The reason for this model still being unsold according to him was that they had arrived along with the festival lot and hence, apart from them, all the other had been sold.

What do you say guys?! Is it worth it?

They are also providing free insurance (premium not to be paid for the first year) of around 20k on every vehicle that is booked through them and it is mandatory.

What according to you guys should my friend check when he inspects the vehicle?

Please respond
35k is not a big discount, you friend must bargain for more may be around 50k.
for things to be checked please go through http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...heck-list.html .
Old 7th April 2010, 10:16   #1632
BHPian

Quote:
35k is not a big discount, you friend must bargain for more may be around 50k.
for things to be checked please go through http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...heck-list.html .
Right. Is there any specific reason for a 50K discount? And apart from things in the PDI list, is there any specific fault with the Nov 09 model that needs to be looked into, such as I read somewhere about the replacement of clutch in a particular batch of cars?

What else has to be looked into? Any suggestions are welcome.
Old 7th April 2010, 10:32   #1633
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ?ushk@r View Post
Right. Is there any specific reason for a 50K discount? And apart from things in the PDI list, is there any specific fault with the Nov 09 model that needs to be looked into, such as I read somewhere about the replacement of clutch in a particular batch of cars?

What else has to be looked into? Any suggestions are welcome.
you need to check if the car is EURO 3 or EURO 4 , RTO's in some cities have stopped registering EURO 3 cars.Please clarify this with RTO/dealer before buying.

Clutch slave cylinder was faulty only in the initial batches i don't think you need to worry about that.
Old 7th April 2010, 10:50   #1634
BHPian

hi puskar,

The interiors of the 2010 model have been upgraded and apart from that there is no difference in the 2009 and 2010 model. Ask your friend to check the difference by looking at both cars and he is comfortable with the 2009 model you can definitely go for it. In such case you can bargain for more discounts.

As for the clutch cylinder change you have to check if the VIN number of the 2009 model car you are getting is listed in the list provided by Fiat to all dealers for change in clutch cylinder.
Old 7th April 2010, 10:54   #1635
BHPian

Quote:
you need to check if the car is EURO 3 or EURO 4 , RTO's in some cities have stopped registering EURO 3 cars.Please clarify this with RTO/dealer before buying.

Clutch slave cylinder was faulty only in the initial batches i don't think you need to worry about that.
Great. I will intimate him to look into that. He actually wanted to post his experience in the booking thread. However, his registration is still under review for the sixth time. Hard luck, I guess.

If the car is fine and the discounts are in place, the deal will be a snatch. Will keep you guys posted.

Most Viewed