Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2010, 14:57   #1591
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~~VinZ~~ View Post
I have completed 12900km and mine is 12.5 to 13 kmpl in bangalore city.

And highway i got 17kmpl. I know this is lower that everyone else which is what is worrying me now. any advice?
Vinz it might be your driving style. I generally drive with an eye on instantaneous consumption. I am at 3700 and I am getting 16.5 in city with 100% ACC set at 22.
Old 31st March 2010, 21:06   #1592
BHPian

Quote:
Vinz it might be your driving style. I generally drive with an eye on instantaneous consumption. I am at 3700 and I am getting 16.5 in city with 100% ACC set at 22.
Arishi1 - At what average speed in Mumbai city do you get 16.5 km/l?
Old 2nd April 2010, 00:18   #1593
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gods-envy View Post
Guys that's a UK GP advert; being aired in India now.
Infact the dash and console if not of the Indian version. Notice the absence the slot above the AC ducts
besides, the punto that features in the ad is a two door one!! makes no sense for them to air it here, worse the caption on the ad reads 1.4 FIRE.

PS: am taking delivery of my punto tomorrow, its a white 1.3 mjd epk!!
Old 2nd April 2010, 00:45   #1594
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raamki View Post
besides, the punto that features in the ad is a two door one!! makes no sense for them to air it here, worse the caption on the ad reads 1.4 FIRE.

PS: am taking delivery of my punto tomorrow, its a white 1.3 mjd epk!!
The Punto in white is my favourite , congratulations and it's the perfect garage you've got there. A Fiesta and a Punto, driver's delight.
Old 2nd April 2010, 00:53   #1595
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
The Punto in white is my favourite , congratulations and it's the perfect garage you've got there. A Fiesta and a Punto, driver's delight.
absolutely dude!! although, Dad has the pleasure of driving the fiesta more offlate!!

she looks hot in white, doesnt she?? a couple of pdi pics to set a few heart's racing!!

looking forward to my ride, E A G E R!! cant even sleep!!
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-dsc00119.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-dsc00118.jpg  

Old 2nd April 2010, 01:09   #1596
BHPian

@raamki, congratulations - the punto's a brilliant buy! Is this a new shade of white, or is it just the pics? It looks different from the ones posted elsewhere on the forum - those seemed to have a tinge of ivory.

Do share your ownership experience as you go along.

Last edited by spindoc : 2nd April 2010 at 01:16.
Old 2nd April 2010, 02:13   #1597
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoc View Post
@raamki, congratulations - the punto's a brilliant buy! Is this a new shade of white, or is it just the pics? It looks different from the ones posted elsewhere on the forum - those seemed to have a tinge of ivory.

I agree..i think it was an off white color
Old 2nd April 2010, 02:22   #1598
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoc View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadra View Post
I agree..i think it was an off white color
thanks @spindoc!!

nope, it's still the bossa nova white, i guess its just the light!! the car was parked in their basement.

will open a new thread when the excitement settles in a little, still cannot sleep!! picking her up @ 11 am in the morning!!
Old 2nd April 2010, 09:46   #1599
BHPian

Is there anyone who has picked up a GP Active / Dynamic model and changed basic rims to Alloys (the standard ones as available in the Emotion/ Epack)? The fiat website says Rs 10540, I think this is the price for a single piece!! If yes, are we looking at INR 52,700 for a set of 5 ?
Need a confirmation on that !

Last edited by better4worse : 2nd April 2010 at 09:53. Reason: grammer and missing words !
Old 2nd April 2010, 09:57   #1600
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by better4worse View Post
Is there anyone who has picked up a GP Active / Dynamic model and changed to Alloys (the standard ones as available in the Emotion/ Epack)? The fiat website says Rs 10540 for ....think this the price for a single piece.!!? If yes..are we looking at 52,700 for a set of 5. Needed a confirmation on that !
Alloys aren't available in the Emotion variant AFAIK. Sumit from Chandigarh bought a set for 9k:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ml#post1793372

10K from the manufacturer sounds a bit low. Are you sure it doesn't include taxes, cost of shipping etc?
Old 2nd April 2010, 10:45   #1601
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan75 View Post
Alloys aren't available in the Emotion variant AFAIK. Sumit from Chandigarh bought a set for 9k:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ml#post1793372

10K from the manufacturer sounds a bit low. Are you sure it doesn't include taxes, cost of shipping etc?
Yeah, I felt the same and wondered if that was the price of one single piece (obnoxious ..I know) but having experienced a fair bit of the Tata-Fiat, I am expecting a surprise nearly every time. No word on the taxes, cost of shipping on the website. I'm looking to visit the dealership today, hoping things have changed for the better (for my sake), coz I just cant stop gushing at every Punto that I see on the road.

Thanks for the the link !

- B4W

PS: Like I said , I'll be visiting the dealership, I'll check up on the Alloys upgrade as well and share it with you guys.
Slightly off topic, there is this buzz around that Fiat is coming out with a newer version of GP ( read VGT). Does anyone have any confirmed dope on it ..what and when ?

Last edited by better4worse : 2nd April 2010 at 11:02.
Old 2nd April 2010, 13:57   #1602

what exactly!!!oh sorry u seem to be from another part of the world.welcome to earth (just kidding..) .
to tell u very shortly,TVS (atleast in Kerala) service was so completely bu*****t that going to the service centre was the worse thing that any FIAT owners ever imagined.Because,
1.they knew that people have no other option but to come to them for service.
2.they wil get paid even if they dont do any work.
3.none of the supervisers or the people who should be supervising cared anything about customer care.
4.if a customer complained to any managers,either it was ignored or else that particular customer will find a very hostile(passively) service person next time around.
5.there was no telling what these so called service engineers will do - u tell them there was a sound when wipers are on,they will change the spark plugs!!
6.u tell them that there is a scratch on the door that was not there before giving for service and they will give u an odd look and say it WAS there and just walk away.
7.u give the car for service and is told to come back after 3 days(!!!) and when you come to collect the car,you are told to wait 5 minutes which will eventually morph into 5 HOURS!!after which you are told that there is another problem which will take some time so come back after two days.

Is that enough??and no I am not joking.Just ask around and you will know.

You wonder how I know all these things,

1.I had a friend owning a Uno.He absolutely loved the car but not the service.I myself used to go pick him up/drop him at the service centre many times.
2.One of my friends brother worked in TVS sales for some time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
If you don't mind, can you tell what exactly TVS had done? I wanted to know this from long..
Old 2nd April 2010, 15:53   #1603
BHPian

@raamki - congrats on the beauty, a friend of mine is looking at picking up the punto so i am looking forward to your thread for all the details
Old 3rd April 2010, 00:00   #1604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99 View Post
@raamki - congrats on the beauty, a friend of mine is looking at picking up the punto so i am looking forward to your thread for all the details
rajesh, long time no see, howz it going buddy?

Bad start, 3 scratches when i went to take delivery today!! As far as i can remember, they were'nt there when i had PDI'd the vehicle!!

even more bad news on the inside, the cup holder plastic is damaged a little and the glove box wunt align properly when closed! the ac only blows hot air and i got a rude shock when the fuel indicator quit working for 10 mins into my first drive, it sprung back to life when i turned the ignition off and turned it back on!

the scratches are going to be taken care of by the dealership when i drop my car back on Tuesday for the number plates. Also need to get the ac looked into, there's only hot air coming from the vents even @ 16!

Anybody else with similar AC trouble?

Am not terribly unhappy with the car, i loved the ride back home. Just feeling a little bad @ the moment!! Although, Am feeling confident that Concorde will fix the issues.

Corcorde has been great to me folks - Will pen down my experiences in a day. A couple of pics from morning.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-dsc00134.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-dsc00135.jpg  

Old 3rd April 2010, 05:09   #1605
BHPian

Too bad about the initial toothing troubles buddy !
Hopefully the dealer will fix the issues when you give the car back

Looking forward to you posting some interior pics of the car.
And do comment if there is any discernible difference in plastic quality from the 2009 Punto.

Hope you really enjoy your ride
cheers !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks