Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2010, 20:03   #1441
BHPian

Quick Question?

in Punto E+ the fan/compressor takes about 5 to 10 secs before it completely shuts down, by that time you are already out of the car remote locked it, when the mall parking lot says Sir AC is till on Sir, then you just smile and it shuts off. Funny isn't it but it keeps happening with me.

Any reason its like that in AUTO AC units, is it the same way even on other variants of Punto having a HVAC unit.
Old 20th January 2010, 20:17   #1442
J.Ravi

It is the same way in my Fiat Linea too. But, no worries, it is absolutely normal as explained in the owner's handbook.

Old 20th January 2010, 20:21   #1443
BHPian

Its the same even in the palio. i mean in the 8 yr old palio's.
The fan stays on for some time depending on the engine temp even after turning off the engine.
Old 20th January 2010, 20:22   #1444
BHPian

As far as I know , the compressor cuts off the moment you switch off the engine. It's may be the blower fans inertia and comes to a complete stall only after few seconds.

Please try this -

1> when you are inside the car , switch off the unit and notice when the blower stops completely .

If it takes same time after manually switching it off , then it's definitely the inertia and the fan noise made us believe that it's still on.
Old 21st January 2010, 15:34   #1445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldcrawler View Post
1> when you are inside the car , switch off the unit and notice when the blower stops completely .

If it takes same time after manually switching it off , then it's definitely the inertia and the fan noise made us believe that it's still on.
Already tried that, the fan shuts off immediately inside the cabin when its switched off. I think the outside unit just takes more time to shut down thou it cuts of air supply to the inside cabin.
Old 21st January 2010, 15:43   #1446
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC_aashay View Post

beyond 2500 or 3000 - 6600
rpm is where the fun starts!

Within the city driving in this range tempts you to floor her all the way till 6600 rpm & That sweet engine tone just adds to your wide smile the fuel being flushed out through the exhaust.

The handling coupled with the "face ripping feeling for the co-passengers" brakes just makes pushing her even more easy. The performance is amazing as long as you dont come across a bigger 1.8L ~ 2.4L engine or a turbo charged competition.
TIP: when you brake, keep a eye on your rear mirror.
That was very well put tc_aashay. I own a 950km old 1.4 E+ (in just over 2 weeks). I've only recently started exploring the regions above 4k rpm and Boy! does it bring a huge grin to my face! The exhaust note is just addictive
Old 21st January 2010, 17:05   #1447
BHPian

I drive a Medium Grey Emotion+ MJD. I can't tell you how much I love this car. It's truly a wonderful piece to drive. I travel to Pune at least once a month and the cruise up the expressway is fabulous.

Having said that, over the last 4 -5 days, I've been having a problem with my Blue & Me feature. Everyone I call says that my voice is very faint and they can barely hear me. I hear them very well in the car.
Can anyone help with guiding me through any control that will increase the mic volume? Has anyone faced this problem?

I've been reading about the slow kick off at signals. I like to fantasize of being a F1 driver and take on the multitude as soon as the signal turns green. Well, to put a long story short, the MJD is just up there with the rest and I usually leave most others trailing. I think it's a matter of getting a feel of clutch release and accelaration. I don't half clutch.
Old 21st January 2010, 17:44   #1448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsan02 View Post
BTW I wish Fiat had lanuched a A/T on the Punto, it would have been a sure i20 A/T killer with good pricing.
+1 to that. I hope Punto sales numbers pick up and they can consider releasing an AT MJD variant.
Old 22nd January 2010, 10:50   #1449
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC_aashay View Post
Its the same even in the palio. i mean in the 8 yr old palio's.
The fan stays on for some time depending on the engine temp even after turning off the engine.
yes. this happens in Palio also. Typical FIAT design i guess. Also it will drop little water as well i guess from A/C

First time when it happened in my cousin's Palio, we were worried. why there is water below and fan is still on

later realized, its normal for FIAT cars
Old 22nd January 2010, 12:40   #1450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
yes. this happens in Palio also. Typical FIAT design i guess.
It happens even in my dad's Santro. The noise is annoying.
Initially thought it might be a malfunction
Old 24th January 2010, 15:37   #1451
BHPian

Today Me and My Father went for a test drive of Punto, in fortune motors Navi Mumbai saw the display model sat inside it feel was good then asked for test drive for petrol Model Since my father is always no for a diesel he say petrol cars are best and also the fact that monthly running would be around 700 kms so petrol made better sense, the response from showroom people was not appealing, i got reply from them that salesman supposed to attend the test drive was absent today.

Waited for 5 mins they arranged a test drive with some other person, went near the Car the driver was fitting door beeding which was coming out all the time and showroom person asked him "YEH WAPIS NIKLA" i was shocked then i asked the Driver purposely "KONSA MODEL HAI PETROL YA DIESEL" he said " PETROL HAI" then i asked " 1.2 HAI YA 1.4." He said "SAAB MALOOM NAHI LEKIN YEH TOP MODEL HAI" then i told him "YEH 1.4 WALA MODEL HAI". Went ahead for test drive he drove it for 2 mins made the car stop and asked me to take control of the car. The Pickup was very much ok AC was on with full blower. To my disappointment the dead clutch was obstructing me pressing the normal clutch i never found any problem in my santro and also i had to rev it to more than 3 rpm to get decent speed of 60 then suddenly driver asked "SAAB AAGE SE U TURN LELO" it was not even 2 kms and did not get any chance to even put it in 5th gear as the road was free but there were 3 speed brakers in it took u turn this time decided to push it to maximum limits reached 5th gear and again a speed breaker. some how i did not enjoy driving Punto 1.4 returned to showroom made the formalities of asking EMI told him i will get later with you. Even my father was disappointed.
I was sure the car offered for test drive was a car that had come for Servicing as it had done 6k + on odo and no demo stickers whereas all the tata cars were with demo stickers and available for test drive.

Punto as a product is Good but Tata service is a big NO

That was My TATA (byby) to Tata showroom.

And headed towards Maruti Showroom S.K Wheels for RITZ OR SWIFT K Series, there was a warm well come, made us comfortable the salesman Raujeet Mohite was too good with his knowledge and all the things which i enquired he had all proper answers to my queries, i also enquired about VIN he said we will give it to you and they will allow to carry my own PDI. Swift K series would be available after 2 months of time. Then went ahead with the test drive of RITZ ZXI with K series engine and it was mind blowing after driving Punto & RITZ back to back, RITZ had far much better engine and feel was solid the view was on top of world, reversing was not an issue drove it till 110 in 5th gear and feel could easliy go for more 30 -40, handling was better than My Santro both me and my father was impressed with the car and K series Engine added charming to drive and it was fun.

My father and me have decided to go for RITZ ZXI and will be booking it soon, looks are subjective we want performance which was very much satisfactory.I will post my Booking experience as soon as i will book one.

Mods i have given my review on RITZ, as this is punto test drive and review thread if you feel that ritz Test drive part is not suitable in this thread pls merge this in proper thread.
Old 24th January 2010, 20:15   #1452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driving_smartly View Post
Punto as a product is Good but Tata service is a big NO That was My TATA (byby) to Tata showroom.

My father and me have decided to go for RITZ ZXI and will be booking it soon, looks are subjective we want performance which was very much satisfactory.I will post my Booking experience as soon as i will book one.
Wise decision I would say. Fiat GP is a fantastic car but suffering a lot due to pathetic approach of TATA dealers. Last month I had asked for a quote for Punto to this particular dealership, they took 3 days to mail me the same. Later got a Ritz Vdi form Vitesse, Worli. Why don't you try Automotive (MASS) too, people say they are better than SK. All the best and keep us updated.
Old 24th January 2010, 20:43   #1453
Senior - BHPian

@driving smartly: It's a shame that Fortune motors screwed up big time. However, the GP is a fantastic car and FIAT and Tata have been imptoving by leaps and bounds.
Before actually booking a Ritz, would you reconsider going to another Tata-Fiat dealership? Each and every car manufacturer has rotten eggs in the basket, try thinking about which car you want more, then try to find a decent dealership.

I had faced the same situation (with Hyundai), however, that was before I test drive the Punto, the rest as they say is history.
Old 24th January 2010, 20:55   #1454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
Before actually booking a Ritz, would you reconsider going to another Tata-Fiat dealership?

I had faced the same situation....
+1 to what Amartya said. The dealer ship person have a big role in reducing the GP count on the road. They f****s the customers big time.

Actually Punto is good car besides the little issues like the cramped footwell as you said. Try another dealership. I had TDed the car in Concorde Motors. They were nice and had decent knowledge about the car. I asked them I would like to go another round with ride, and they were happy for that.

Last edited by vaisakhr : 24th January 2010 at 21:01.
Old 25th January 2010, 05:54   #1455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driving_smartly View Post

Punto as a product is Good but Tata service is a big NO

That was My TATA (byby) to Tata showroom.
@Driving_Smartly - see if you can speak to Lokesh at Fortune Navi Mumbai. Insist on dealing with him. He is knowledgeable and you may change your mind.

Here is my experience with Fortune.
- Asked for a TD at my office in Vikhroli.
- Lokesh came with my 1.3 MJD E+ the next day at the right time.
- Test Drove for an hour between EE highway and Vikhroli-Ghatkopar-Kanjur Marg area, with B2B traffic and ability to floor the pedal.
- He was knowledgable. Gave me a good deal, had the set of papers.

Overall a pleasant experience.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks