Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2009, 22:04   #1381
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC_aashay View Post
The immobilizer works only when you try to hot-wire the car or a different counterfeit key with some defects. (imperfect key grooves)
Immobilizer works when you insert a perfect duplicate key also. It's not about the grooves being imperfect, there is a an RF id mechanism , some electronics are there in the original key which sends the correct code. Duplicate keys is only the mechanical duplicate, so won't work.

Name:  rfid.png
Views: 1645
Size:  1.5 KB
seen this?

Last edited by clevermax : 16th December 2009 at 22:08.
Old 16th December 2009, 22:10   #1382
Senior - BHPian

I was just wondering what this electronic and mechanical key codes are all about in the key card. Any ideas ?

The mechanical code has to be given to TATA while ordering for a duplicate key, and the manual says that the electronic code has to retained at all times.
Old 17th December 2009, 03:53   #1383
Senior - BHPian

Oh..I think this is important news. I had asked this earlier and evryone here advised me that any additional security isn't required..

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff: Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 17th December 2009 at 06:59.
Old 17th December 2009, 06:36   #1384
BHPian

TC_aashay
The guy in concorde cochin told me like the key is some 'coded' (only in emotion+) so only the original key will work.

And if you lose the key the spare should come from the FIAT head office some where in north India.
Old 17th December 2009, 06:43   #1385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post

Attachment 246856
seen this?
This logo is present in the keys of my Palio Stile (MJD) too but the car does not have immobilizer. On the other hand Palio Stile Petrol versions do have immobilizer.
Old 17th December 2009, 11:21   #1386
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaisakhr View Post
TC_aashay
The guy in concorde cochin told me like the key is some 'coded' (only in emotion+) so only the original key will work.
I think that piece of information is wrong, it is there in all the keys, not only in E+.
Old 17th December 2009, 19:15   #1387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomzi View Post
Dont the windows roll up when you lock the car?

Asking because my even my Indigo CS has a dealer fitted electric window system which has this parking lot trick up its sleeve. Thought a premium hatch would provide a gimmick like that.
No It doesn't, but I am sure its better that way for a reason, when you want to keep the windows a little down to have the small airgap in summers outside when it gets really hot Or when you want to leave your pets or someone in the car but still want to lock it from outside.

By the way any Punto emotion pack owners can comment on this, at times the USB is not recognised, it says 'no media' when trying to access the media player. Usually happens when I start the car, but the pain is to bend over to the passenger seat and reinsert the USB again for it to recognise. But sometimes it plays the last track onwards. Am I missing something here?
Old 18th December 2009, 10:40   #1388
Senior - BHPian

Saw an ad in TOI today. Free insurance, EW and RSA is being offered again with the Punto as it was offered during diwali .
Old 18th December 2009, 15:34   #1389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Saw an ad in TOI today. Free insurance, EW and RSA is being offered again with the Punto as it was offered during diwali .
Yes! It also says prices will go up from next year in January. Put together eveything one can save around 40k to 50k if booked now if at all prices go up in jan by 15 to 20k approx.
Old 18th December 2009, 16:07   #1390
Distinguished - BHPian

All the Punto variants have immobilizer as standard in India. Even the slimmer spare key has it.
Old 18th December 2009, 22:18   #1391
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsan02 View Post
By the way any Punto emotion pack owners can comment on this, at times the USB is not recognised, it says 'no media' when trying to access the media player. Usually happens when I start the car, but the pain is to bend over to the passenger seat and reinsert the USB again for it to recognise. But sometimes it plays the last track onwards. Am I missing something here?
I too have faced this 'no media' issue, I think its because the songs are in their folders(at least I have it this way) and the OS is not able to access them. Solution: I create playlists in the order I would like them to play or album-wise. That way I will be able to access them using the playlist titles. You will have to create the playlists using windows mediaplayer for the system to recognize it.

Also, I have connected a usb extension cord to the usb port, that way I dont have to contort myself to change the usb drive, since the female connector end is lying in the glove box. I would suggest you go for that, its very convenient
Old 22nd December 2009, 11:57   #1392
BHPian

FIAT India Official Accessories

Looks like FIAT India has come out with a list of Accessories for GP , Linea & 500. Checked this at the FIAT website today. Here is the link for GP

Fiat India

There seems to be JVC Head unit, any one explored this yet?
Old 22nd December 2009, 12:18   #1393
BHPian

Great! But, will these accessories be readily available? Moreover, at 11k per alloy I wonder who would be the takers for it?

I'm particularly interested in the leather upholstery, let's see how much they price them.
Old 22nd December 2009, 13:16   #1394
BHPian

Do they have the prices yet?
Old 22nd December 2009, 13:58   #1395
BHPian

If they can add prices and Snaps it will be good.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks