Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2010, 00:30   #1576
BHPian

I have had a harrowing time...trying to get a TD for Grand Punto at the Tata-Fiat showrooms. I have attempted to get a TD thrice now (twice in a day at different showrooms) and I can tell you I am so put-off by the whole dealership experience at Tata-Fiat, that I am wondering if this is what they do to you before they've managed to sell you a car, one can only imagine what all they'll do with the after sales & service.

First attempt: Sanya Motors, Mayapuri
Total 'desi' attempt at selling a car (its 11:30 AM on a sunday and no one at the reception, and then you ask for folks..well one just has to wait some more), not that I was expecting anymore but the worst part was that the showroom Car (Linea) was in a pathetic state with the roof cladding at the rear end is loose(nearly falling off) and missing cladding on the rear tray area, when asked for a reason, was offered a sheepish grin and an answer (" he he...sir ab aisa he hain ..kya kahe " ) that just doesn't go down well at all! Anyhow, the bigger worry was the non availability of the TD, I was asked to come again on a weekday.

Second attempt:
I went for a TD today (Friday..midday...done with the new swift TD next door at DD motors), still no car available at Sanya motors for TD. Bottom-line there just isn't a car around for TD-ing. Quick glance around, the cladding from the Linea is still missing. I am told to try my luck again on the coming monday and come only after having confirmed the TD availability.

"Fair enough !"...I said...I somehow appreciated the honesty and moved on for a VW Polo TD, which BTW was a fun experience.

Third attempt:
While I was at it (the Polo TD) , I called up Him Motors (Tata-Fiat) for a TD and was informed that yes the TD was available for both Petrol & Diesel. Upon reaching I noticed a DEMO Punto outside the showroom and I move towards the reception for enquiry, the exprience at this showroom was no different (they all seem to work in a "Help yourself ...locate the right guy for your queries "...kinda mode !). Upon a TD request, I am informed its only diesel...someone at the showroom has misinformed on the Petrol one and then I am asked to wait for 15-20 mins so that two gentlemen (salesmen) could complete an animated phone conversation. Funnily, in the meantime no-one in the showroom bothers really what the customer does or wants or is even attended to. So I waited till one of them realized that I was getting a bit edgy with all the waiting.. "another 5 mins sir ...paperwork!" ..I am told, for there is a form to be filled and while we are at it, I realize that the demo car was being sent away for a TD. Upon frantic enquiry, I am told that the dealership owner wants to take it back home and all this while I have been waiting for it for close to 25 mins with no one else wanting a TD. The Demo car goes away and I am told I have to wait for another 45 mins.

At that moment, I realized that I've had too much crap from the dealership, I asked the junior salesman for the Customer Care dept, for I wanted to lodge a formal complaint and I am told there wasn't anyone around for that. ***!...I had to talk to somebody about this pathetic state of affairs, as I asked for the senior manager and he wasn't around anymore either (probably sensed my mood and got away..). By then I was so miffed that I had half a mind to blast anyone in sight, I just barged into a meeting room full of senior guys cracking jokes and shared my experience at the dealership and my repeated attempts at getting a TD done. After an apology and an assurance to investigate the matter, I was asked to wait for another 5 mins, only to be told that they were helpless as the car was taken by the dealership owner and would only be back in another 25 mins. I guess...I just wasn't interested anymore, tired and weary, I told them the same. While I have been promised a TD with a pick up from home, I don't think its gonna make me feel any better.

I know I am so freaking angst ridden with the whole TD thing... and am sure Grand Punto is a great car, but the dealerships selling this one....Aaaaaarghh!!!

- B4W
Old 27th March 2010, 16:23   #1577
Senior - BHPian

Saw an ad of punto with a white punto sports today on tv. Any news on its launch?
Old 28th March 2010, 21:12   #1578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by better4worse View Post
I have had a harrowing time...trying to get a TD for Grand Punto at the Tata-Fiat showrooms. I have attempted to get a TD thrice now (twice in a day at different showrooms) and I can tell you I am so put-off by the whole dealership experience at Tata-Fiat, that I am wondering if this is what they do to you before they've managed to sell you a car, one can only imagine what all they'll do with the after sales & service.

I know I am so freaking angst ridden with the whole TD thing... and am sure Grand Punto is a great car, but the dealerships selling this one....Aaaaaarghh!!!

- B4W
If it makes you feel any better, feel free to drop by next weekend at the TBHP Delhi Noida meet. I'd be glad to come over in my Punto and answer any questions that you might have.

Last edited by khan75 : 28th March 2010 at 21:15.
Old 28th March 2010, 21:12   #1579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by better4worse View Post

- B4W
Your experience is tooooo bad. I would have suggested calling up Fiat CC but you are not even a customer yet. In Mumbai, I myself TDed the Punto from 3 different dealers. My first dealer (Wasan Motors) gave me similar problems like yours. Then I opted for a TD of the i20 Asta as well and met with similar challenges. No TD car after 5 phone calls and 2 visits. Eventually, took a TD of a friends Magna and decided I was not going for the I20.

After that I had wonderful experiences with Concorde Motors and Fortune Motors for the Punto MJD. I TDed to Punto 3 times to make certain I was buying the car with my head and heart both levelled.
Old 29th March 2010, 06:39   #1580
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
Saw an ad of punto with a white punto sports today on tv. Any news on its launch?
AFAI remember, that was a left-hand-side drive ? but i want see the ad again - cant find it over the internet.

Is there any info on its specs ??
Old 29th March 2010, 11:48   #1581
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan75 View Post
If it makes you feel any better, feel free to drop by next weekend at the TBHP Delhi Noida meet. I'd be glad to come over in my Punto and answer any questions that you might have.
Dude... I appreciate your gesture but I wonder if that would suffice, as there is nothing like doing a TD yourself and experiencing the car. Its isn't that, I haven't driven a Punto before, infact I have driven a friend's Linea(1.4) Petrol and Punto 1.3 MJD, but at no point was I able to push the vehicle or test it on the corners and much more, the kinda stuff that you wanna check out in a TD i.e. before you buy the car. As for the TBHP - Delhi Noida Meet, I'll try my level best to be there i.e. if I am in town.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarenes View Post
Your experience is tooooo bad. I would have suggested calling up Fiat CC but you are not even a customer yet. In Mumbai, I myself TDed the Punto from 3 different dealers. My first dealer (Wasan Motors) gave me similar problems like yours. Then I opted for a TD of the i20 Asta as well and met with similar challenges. No TD car after 5 phone calls and 2 visits. Eventually, took a TD of a friends Magna and decided I was not going for the I20.

After that I had wonderful experiences with Concorde Motors and Fortune Motors for the Punto MJD. I TDed to Punto 3 times to make certain I was buying the car with my head and heart both levelled.

aarenes: That day, I just realized how terrible things can be with an un-responsive dealership. The trouble is the utter lack of concern, In my cae, post the TD fiasco, I was guaranteed a TD by Him Motors this sunday( the one that went by... i.e. with a pick up and drop at my residence). Well the weekend is done and over with and I am yet to receive a call. Guess... no-one really bothered !

PS : Coming from an all Maruti Suzuki background (4 Maruti cars over last 13 yrs), I have never had this kinda problem getting across to dealerships...all this makes you appreciate them even more !
Old 29th March 2010, 18:22   #1582
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadra View Post
AFAI remember, that was a left-hand-side drive ? but i want see the ad again - cant find it over the internet.

Is there any info on its specs ??
In the ad they are highlighting 1.2 Dynamic. Yes it is LHD, but the dash and console is of Indian version. No spec mentioned.

Cheers!
Old 30th March 2010, 18:55   #1583
BHPian

Don't know if i am right, but did anyone of ya guys notice that in the HU in th 09 model Puntos had the Blaupunkt logo under the CD slot. But the name is missing in the 2010 model?

So does that mean the HU is of a different make? Read someplace in the forum that Fiat was gonna switch to JVC with a Pre Out?
Old 30th March 2010, 19:05   #1584
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

which channel they are showing ads of Punto. Was browsing through channels yesterday full evening but could not find
Old 30th March 2010, 19:26   #1585
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pusako View Post
Don't know if i am right, but did anyone of ya guys notice that in the HU in th 09 model Puntos had the Blaupunkt logo under the CD slot. But the name is missing in the 2010 model?

So does that mean the HU is of a different make? Read someplace in the forum that Fiat was gonna switch to JVC with a Pre Out?
Anyone with a 2010 Punto to confirm this?

In any case, switching brands won't really affect the SQ since both are mainstream companies that churn out mass market products that are built to a price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
Guys,

which channel they are showing ads of Punto. Was browsing through channels yesterday full evening but could not find
FTV

Last edited by khan75 : 30th March 2010 at 19:27.
Old 30th March 2010, 19:37   #1586
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
In the ad they are highlighting 1.2 Dynamic. Yes it is LHD, but the dash and console is of Indian version. No spec mentioned.

Cheers!
Guys that's a UK GP advert; being aired in India now.
Infact the dash and console if not of the Indian version. Notice the absence the slot above the AC ducts
Old 30th March 2010, 20:49   #1587
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gods-envy View Post
Guys that's a UK GP advert; being aired in India now.
Infact the dash and console if not of the Indian version. Notice the absence the slot above the AC ducts
AFAIK UK has Right hand drive configuration just like India. Somebody please clarify?
Old 31st March 2010, 10:03   #1588
Senior - BHPian

My Punto (Jan 2010 model) center console. There is nothing mentioned about the make of the HU. Sorry for poor quality, clicked using phone cam.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-p3140021.jpg  

Old 31st March 2010, 13:18   #1589
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
AFAIK UK has Right hand drive configuration just like India. Somebody please clarify?
yes UK,Japan,Australia are RHD

Right- and left-hand traffic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Please have a look at this link. majority of world drives LHD
Old 31st March 2010, 14:16   #1590
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoghchaphalkar View Post
My 1.3 has completed 8k. The FE is stuck at 17.5 km/lit in the city. Highway figures vary between 20 - 22 km/lit

All figures are with ACC constantly ON with temperature set to 21 deg cel
I have completed 12900km and mine is 12.5 to 13 kmpl in bangalore city.

And highway i got 17kmpl. I know this is lower that everyone else which is what is worrying me now. any advice?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks