Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2010, 20:42   #1666
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
I don't know about that, because your registration will be based on Form 21 and that is what will be held in the RTO office records. It is up to you if want to follow that track. After taking his share, RTO will wash his hands off from any kind of trouble you may face. Just my two cents.
What trouble are we talking about here ? the only loss I see is at the time of resale of such a vehicle.
Old 12th April 2010, 21:03   #1667
BHPian

Friends, I TDed the Punto 1.4 Emotion Pack for the first time yesterday. Proud to say that our family car's an '05 Palio 1.2.

I was disappointed to some degree with the cost-cutting and quality on the Punto though it had the trademark Fiat values (ride, build, style) going for it -

1) No engine heat shield in the bonnet (on a Rs. 7 lac car)
2) Just one reverse indicator (on a Rs. 7 lac car)
3) Inferior quality plastics or was it their fitment that was below standards?
4) No mats on the floor and boot (when my Palio 1.2 ELX NV had them) - why aren't they standard, anyway?
5) A noticeable movement in the A-B-C pedal assembly either on braking or depressing the clutch
6) Door levers that didn't fit flush in their places

Over all this was the dealership's total lack of interest in presenting the car to a guy like me whose Fiat fanaticism was so visible . One more thing guys, is it true that the Dynamic variant isn't being offered with the 1.4 l engine anymore?

Last edited by Sivasankar : 12th April 2010 at 21:07.
Old 12th April 2010, 23:18   #1668
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivasankar View Post
2) Just one reverse indicator (on a Rs. 7 lac car)
The single reverse lamp has nothing to do with cost cutting, the configuration can be seen on a lot of European cars is to accommodate rear fog lamp on the other side.
Old 12th April 2010, 23:40   #1669
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
4) No mats on the floor and boot (when my Palio 1.2 ELX NV had them) - why aren't they standard, anyway?
Does Maruti provide mats?! AFAIK other car manufacturers too don't provide them.
Old 12th April 2010, 23:48   #1670
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Hyundai gives no heat shield in the i20 crdi either....

No mats were given to me with my i20 either...
Old 13th April 2010, 00:25   #1671
BHPian

Quote:
5) A noticeable movement in the A-B-C pedal assembly either on braking or depressing the clutch

Over all this was the dealership's total lack of interest in presenting the car to a guy like me whose Fiat fanaticism was so visible .

Did you go to TAFE Reach by any chance? 'cos I TDed a black Punto from them the other day and it wasn't in the best shape. The gear wasn't slotting properly and the sales exec said "all sorts of people drive this car sir, including people who have just begun driving lessons...". The guy was ok, and answered questions patiently though I have to say he wasn't very well informed. And, no follow-up calls whatsoever!
Old 13th April 2010, 21:01   #1672
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
3) Inferior quality plastics or was it their fitment that was below standards?
IMO its the finishing which is the problem. Plastic quality is acceptable. I'm referring to the dash here.

Quote:
Is it? Will check out in my Punto.

Quote:
Sorry I did not get what exactly you are talking about. I will verify the same in my car if you elaborate it a bit.

Quote:
One more thing guys, is it true that the Dynamic variant isn't being offered with the 1.4 l engine anymore?
That is true!!

Last edited by HammerHead : 13th April 2010 at 21:02.
Old 14th April 2010, 22:15   #1673
BHPian

anshuman - thanks for that piece of information, first time i'm hearing about it, does the Indian Punto have a fog lamp on the rear?

arun1100 - i feel fiat should offer floor mats as standard, if you had visited the accessories web page on their website, they advertise 2 varieties of mats for Rs. 915 each...

abhij - the Linea and the Punto are the only cars that offer a great driving experience in their segment. Like I said, i'm a Fiat fanatic and Hyundais just don't figure in my list.

spindoc - the dealer i went to was highly disorganized and lethargic, they were offering a 1.4 with the speedo-odo meters disconnected for TDs and the guy who accompanied us wasn't a sales guy (he didn't know how to turn on the AC). A peculiar thing was that there was a thick coating of hard dust all over the car..
Old 14th April 2010, 22:19   #1674
BHPian

Hammerhead - Was referring to the levers you use to open the doors when you get off, the car i drove had all four levers misaligned with their cavities...

can you tell me what's the economy your 1.4 offers, you see i'll still go for a Punto whatever faults it may have
Old 14th April 2010, 22:22   #1675
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
[b]

you see i'll still go for a Punto whatever faults it may have
Well said. I feel we should not avoid buying the Punto just because of the plastic problem.
Old 14th April 2010, 22:56   #1676
BHPian

Quote:
spindoc - the dealer i went to was highly disorganized and lethargic, they were offering a 1.4 with the speedo-odo meters disconnected for TDs and the guy who accompanied us wasn't a sales guy (he didn't know how to turn on the AC). A peculiar thing was that there was a thick coating of hard dust all over the car..
If that wasn't TAFE Reach, it sends two dealers from Chennai out of the window for anyone interested in buying a Fiat! Wonder what that leaves them with...

Sorry to barge into your discussion, but on the FE front, some BHPians have reported 15+ kpl in combined driving conditions. See here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1837472
Old 14th April 2010, 23:26   #1677
BHPian

My second post here in TBHP and in a thread where I wanted it to be.

As I had updated in Booked car thread I've booked a Minimal Grey Punto MJD E+ in VST Motors, Chennai. Experience has been very good so far, Booked a test drive and it arrived promptly. Also no pushing towards making me buy Manza or Indica either.
Old 15th April 2010, 12:10   #1678
BHPian

Dunno about the others, but i visited TAFE in Chennai on the 9th.The sales person was a lady and she knew her stuff. They had a red Emotion in the showroom, i asked her if i could have a look at the Emotion Pk.But the TD car was out so she asked me to wait and made a couple of calls, spoke to the delivery guy and showed me into the service area were a new E Pk was getting prepd for delivery.Here in Mumbai's own Concorde, the guy blankly told me "Sir , E pk is not on display now"!! She even showed me the new colours that were available!!!

Overall i am pretty satisfied with TAFE!!
Old 15th April 2010, 12:33   #1679
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I visited Concorde here in Bangalore. IIRC there was engine heat shield!
Owners Kindly confirm!
Old 15th April 2010, 12:44   #1680
MCR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
I visited Concorde here in Bangalore. IIRC there was engine heat shield!
Owners Kindly confirm!
The heat shield is very much present. Till date I have driven 6000 kms and the interior plastics have held up wonderfully well. I have driven twice on Shiradi ghat and also on bad patches and fortunately my car has only one rattle on the LHS side of the dash board, but its not a major one and cannot be heard when the music is on. Hopefully it stays this way.
When I compare this to my erstwhile Santro, which developed rattles the first time I hit Shiradi ghat, I am very happy.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks