Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2010, 08:13   #1606
Senior - BHPian

The white somehow accentuates the subtle design details of the Punto.
About the problems you faced with the delivery, I think the A/C is the most serious, but I am confident they'll fix it.

It's strange that they didn't catch it during their PDI.

The ride home, I know about it, part of it being a feeling of sheer terror, each and every car seems to be out to scratch your new found love. With the Punto though, because of it's build, you get this sense of security, I can vouch for that.

Wishing you many miles of happiness.

P.S. Just in case you aren't aware what Bossa Nova means, it's a style of music that is very close to Jazz. It fits in with the white colour making the Punto look very classy, just like Jazz, one of the highest forms of music(my opinion ).
Old 3rd April 2010, 10:12   #1607
BHPian

Have a question for the Punto owners - is there a way to change songs of the media player from the head unit itself? At the moment I have to do it from the steering mounted controls. So if my passenger wants to change songs they have to do it from the steering !!!
Anyone found a way out of this?
Old 3rd April 2010, 15:19   #1608
BHPian

@miles
use the arrow keys. i think up and down is directories and left and right is songs in each directory.
@ramki
Check your manual for putting on the AC. My dad owns a emotion variant of the punto which has manual AC. i once had the same issue.. hot blowing even at the highest cooling setting.. however couldn't find the AC button. Once I called my dad, he told me to press the fan buttion to put on th AC.

Last edited by twinblades : 3rd April 2010 at 15:25. Reason: adding another post
Old 3rd April 2010, 17:56   #1609
BHPian

Can any confirm price of punto original alloys for a set of four?
Old 3rd April 2010, 18:00   #1610
BHPian

twinblades -
I've tried that with the arrow keys. Works only for CD or FM and not for the media player ( USB). Do the arrow keys work for you in your Punto when you playing songs from the USB?
Old 3rd April 2010, 20:15   #1611
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by milestogo View Post
Have a question for the Punto owners - is there a way to change songs of the media player from the head unit itself? At the moment I have to do it from the steering mounted controls. So if my passenger wants to change songs they have to do it from the steering !!!
Anyone found a way out of this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by milestogo View Post
twinblades -
I've tried that with the arrow keys. Works only for CD or FM and not for the media player ( USB). Do the arrow keys work for you in your Punto when you playing songs from the USB?
Use voice commands instead, you can mention artist name or song name it works but sometimes it may not recognise so you have to get used to. Also arrow keys work for USB songs as well, right keys will work I think.

While using voice commands ofcourse the one driving should press the blue n me button to start the lady take over to give customer service after that any passenger can use voice commands to play music. Refer manual.

Last edited by samsan02 : 3rd April 2010 at 20:17.
Old 3rd April 2010, 23:03   #1612
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats !

hey Ramki, she is a snow white! I saw a black punto today and fell instantly in love with her - For the first time in my life! hey mod number 1 -- smoke the headlights and you will hv a head turner at ur disposal. Dont worry abt the initial niggles.. u will be happy with her sooon. Wishing you many many happy miles of motoring!

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 3rd April 2010 at 23:10.
Old 3rd April 2010, 23:25   #1613
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
hey Ramki, she is a snow white! I saw a black punto today and fell instantly in love with her - For the first time in my life! hey mod number 1 -- smoke the headlights and you will hv a head turner at ur disposal. Dont worry abt the initial niggles.. u will be happy with her sooon. Wishing you many many happy miles of motoring!
How do you smok'em ..those headlights?
Old 4th April 2010, 00:24   #1614
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by better4worse View Post
How do you smok'em ..those headlights?
The desi jugaad way: get a black tint film, cut it over the the headlamps and stick it on. Voila! Smoked headlamps.
Phoren way - get a proper set of smoked headlamp casings.
Old 4th April 2010, 08:31   #1615

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock 'n' rollz View Post
In the last one week a couple of strangers stopped by to inquire about my GP. I felt really glad. After the initial average kya hai, fiat service, spare parts availability queries both of them bowled a googly.

"But what made you spend 7 lacs on a small car like GP. You could have easily bought yourself a Dzire"... [I declared myself out hit wicket]

I still don't know if I should answer this question. Even if I have to any ideas for a "shortest" possible answer (that does not sound rude)?
it happens bro.either they don't know nothing about cars or they have to TD the GP yet.my suggestion ,tell them to go test drive both the Dzire and the GP over all possible road conditions.then decide.
Old 4th April 2010, 20:10   #1616
BHPian

What is the current On Road Price for Punto in Bangalore. I was suprised to see the Tata showrooms closed on Sunday and also on Saturday it closes early. My two visits just drained my petrol but was not able to check out the car.
Old 5th April 2010, 13:43   #1617
BHPian

Steering rod fluid leakage

Guys, Yesterday I observed some leakage from under the engine bay, thought it was engine oil. Its wine colored. Since it was sunday yesterday had to take it today to service center. They lifted it up and inspected and found to be the steering rack/rod leakage from below. Even there has been a constant sound which has been coming when turning the steering. They said as per warranty this will be replaced and luckily they have the part available. Will get my vehicle only by tomorrow.This car has been hardly driven , just 1500 km in 4.5 months. Its a petrol car.

Anyone else experienced this problem with their puntos. Please share your experiences.
Old 5th April 2010, 14:12   #1618
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsan02 View Post
Guys, Yesterday I observed some leakage from under the engine bay, thought it was engine oil. Its wine colored. Since it was sunday yesterday had to take it today to service center. They lifted it up and inspected and found to be the steering rack/rod leakage from below. Even there has been a constant sound which has been coming when turning the steering. They said as per warranty this will be replaced and luckily they have the part available. Will get my vehicle only by tomorrow.This car has been hardly driven , just 1500 km in 4.5 months. Its a petrol car.

Anyone else experienced this problem with their puntos. Please share your experiences.
I believe this has got to something to do with the Oil seals on the steering system. did you inquire why there was leakage at the first place
Old 5th April 2010, 14:33   #1619
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
I believe this has got to something to do with the Oil seals on the steering system. did you inquire why there was leakage at the first place
Yes, I insisted them to explain why this happened, but they gave some vague statements saying the part may be defective and will be replaced under waranty. Also said few Lineas had the same issue.
Not sure what could be the reason, HPS fluid giving away so quickly in a new car thats really surprising. Will update once the fix is done.
Old 5th April 2010, 23:49   #1620
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsan02 View Post
Yes, I insisted them to explain why this happened, but they gave some vague statements saying the part may be defective and will be replaced under waranty. Also said few Lineas had the same issue.
Not sure what could be the reason, HPS fluid giving away so quickly in a new car thats really surprising. Will update once the fix is done.
Something similar happened to a friend's fiesta as well, don't worry this will be fixed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks