Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2011, 21:57   #3031
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
I think Fiat might still be producing Puntos in that shade... The reason I am saying is that I saw a 90 HP Punto in that shade....
I too saw a brand new (temp registered) Punto EP FGT 2 days back in the TVM-Kollam highway segment. I think they have reintroduced the color..

@mrohit17, I second Soccerfan; would you mind pointing out the bushes? I am posting a couple of diagrams for your perusal (type 1.3MJD). TIA.
Attached Images

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 11th January 2011 at 22:12.
Old 13th January 2011, 00:53   #3032
BHPian

A and B are the two areas to be oiled regularly(have tried grease this time, hope it stays put longer). B is the main culprit area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
I too saw a brand new (temp registered) Punto EP FGT 2 days back in the TVM-Kollam highway segment. I think they have reintroduced the color..

@mrohit17, I second Soccerfan; would you mind pointing out the bushes? I am posting a couple of diagrams for your perusal (type 1.3MJD). TIA.
Attached Images

Old 13th January 2011, 14:03   #3033
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrohit17 View Post
A and B are the two areas to be oiled regularly(have tried grease this time, hope it stays put longer). B is the main culprit area.
Hey many thanks for poinitng it out, let me try it out if it works. Now which oil did you use, anything in particular.
Old 13th January 2011, 14:59   #3034
BHPian

No, nothing in particular. I guess any lubricating oil would do. I used my bikes engine oil which I had for lubricating. As I wrote previously I have now applied grease over the area after cleaning, washing and slight oiling. Expecting better results this time. Since the environment at my place is too dusty and roads extremely bad, hence need to take additional care in this manner. Apart from lubrication I do not see any issue to the said areas. Got is checked at the Service center also. Good luck to you.

Now, after completion of 32000KM in my punto, I am experiencing very slight rattlings from dashboard whenever the car goes over bad roads (the roads this season have got extremely bad). These very slight rattlings did not existed earlier, if I compare the same to my Swift of same mileage these are nothing. Can somebody point out which areas I would need to check for tightening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsan02 View Post
Hey many thanks for poinitng it out, let me try it out if it works. Now which oil did you use, anything in particular.
Old 13th January 2011, 21:33   #3035
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
1) The driver seat height adjustment mechanism had some problems. I mean, the seat used to go down automatically, in course of time.

The mechanics tried to fix the issues by fitting a new height adjustment mechanism, but it was of no use. To my surprise they replaced our seats with a new one and thus, they succeed in solving the issue permanently.
Oh boy! I have the same issue here! The problem worsened after the last visit to the workshop - I gave the car for brake pad replacement, and when it came back the seat keeps going down after an overnight parking!

The car is due for 30K service soon, and was thinking of getting the issue repaired then - visiting Concorde (Kochi) without an appointment is a big headache - and getting an appointment is also a headache at times!
Old 13th January 2011, 22:42   #3036
Senior - BHPian

Thanks mrohit17; I'll give it a try this weekend....
Old 14th January 2011, 15:40   #3037
BHPian

Hello
Members I have been Driving a Grande Punto Active petrol 1.2 and it has clocked 10000 kms in about 10 months now,there is one Issue with the car now the Door ajar light on the Dash board refuses to go off and it beeps intermittently even when all the doors are locked and are fine, and at times it goes off by its own and appears ina while, could someone tell me what could be wrong and what i could do.

regards
Bopanna
Old 14th January 2011, 15:52   #3038
Senior - BHPian

^^ Time to get the electrical's checked. Take the car to Service station. Might be some loose contacts. But do take it to the service station.
Old 14th January 2011, 22:12   #3039
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bopanna19 View Post
Hello
the Door ajar light on the Dash board refuses to go off....
Could be a problem with the latch also..
Old 15th January 2011, 01:16   #3040
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrohit17 View Post

Now, after completion of 32000KM in my punto, I am experiencing very slight rattlings from dashboard whenever the car goes over bad roads (the roads this season have got extremely bad). These very slight rattlings did not existed earlier, if I compare the same to my Swift of same mileage these are nothing. Can somebody point out which areas I would need to check for tightening.
Well mine's done 7K in about 8 months and I am getting this 'kirr kirr' noise on the inside from the middle to the left underside of the dashboard, especially when she goes over humps at odd angles. I don't know if that qualifies as 'rattles' in the first place, but this noise exists for the moment. When I showed it the SA, I was told they need to take out the dashboard to look it up, which I wasn't keen on as I wasn't convinced if the TATA FIAT would be able to put it back again, so I am currently drowning the odd noise with my car audio, but I don't think I want to ignore it any longer. Quite frankly it never existed, till the time the autocop guys passed wires for the remote locking under the dash. It feels like an odd loose nut washer vibrating and rubbing against the plastic but I just cant seem to locate it, very annoying nevertheless!

The are two other noises that require some attention on my ride, one is the minor squeaking from the outside which I think should get resolved by oiling the shock absorber bushes. The other one is squeaking noises from the co-driver seat. Seems like the babe needs to spend a day at the service station.
Old 15th January 2011, 12:53   #3041
Senior - BHPian

Dont worry the service station guys are more than competent to open up the complete dashboard and reassemble it. Have seen this getting done on my last visit to the service station on a Linea.

A question, sorry if it is a repeat, but does an Autocop remote locking system not void electrical warranty in any way? A friend of mine is looking to get one fixed on his car, but the one FIAT provides is a bit steep he feels.
Old 15th January 2011, 13:01   #3042
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by better4worse View Post
I think should get resolved by oiling the shock absorber bushes.
If they are rubber bushes, do NOT use oil. If you have to use a lubricant, use a silicone based lubricant.
Old 15th January 2011, 19:57   #3043
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by julupani View Post
Dont worry the service station guys are more than competent to open up the complete dashboard and reassemble it. Have seen this getting done on my last visit to the service station on a Linea.
Yeah, tried my bit today but I cant seem to fix it on the inside, will have to goto the service center for a full dashboard check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amartya

If they are rubber bushes, do NOT use oil. If you have to use a lubricant, use a silicone based lubricant.
Thanks for the tip, but I don't the lubrication is required for the moment, there is just no squeaking on the outside inside the of the engine bay area or the wheel well. In any case will keep that in mind for any future occurrence

Quote:
Originally Posted by julupani View Post
A question, sorry if it is a repeat, but does an Autocop remote locking system not void electrical warranty in any way? A friend of mine is looking to get one fixed on his car, but the one FIAT provides is a bit steep he feels.
Well the one FIAT sells for 'Active' is a kit that has locks and wiring from Autocop and the actuators from FIAT. This is a joint collabration between FIAT and Autocop, so the install for FIAT Active is done by Autocop guys at FIAT showrooms. I had mine installed at the TECHNO delhi.
Old 15th January 2011, 20:08   #3044
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bopanna19 View Post
Members I have been Driving a Grande Punto Active petrol 1.2 and it has clocked 10000 kms in about 10 months now,there is one Issue with the car now the Door ajar light on the Dash board refuses to go off and it beeps intermittently even when all the doors are locked and are fine, and at times it goes off by its own and appears ina while, could someone tell me what could be wrong and what i could do.
Any idea which door is being detected as "unlocked"? It is most probably an issue with the Door latch.

I had this issue some 6 months back. My rear left door was being undetected as unlocked, while the door was actually locked. The dealer replaced both the rear door locks under warranty.

Get you car to the dealer at the earliest.
Old 18th January 2011, 11:59   #3045
MCR
BHPian

Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Diesel engine oil specs.

Guys, i am attaching the spec sheet of the selenia 5W30 oil. It is supposed to be formulated specially for increased fuel economy.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 1412_stec_ENG.pdf (32.5 KB, 751 views)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks