Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2011, 18:37   #3766
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon
Here is what I got, 1st one when the car was moving, then took a break to take a good snap http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...arrived-7.html

FE numbers do magic on a Punto.
Really seems like magic. I have seen only good reviews and yet the car does not sell.
Old 26th September 2011, 22:16   #3767
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks View Post
The Plastic issue is being blown out of proportion...It looks cheap, but isn't really.
Now I would say that's a bigger problem ! I am ok with some plastics which are actually cheap, but looks better; than plastics which are good but looks cheaper ! I typed this just for the humour, I understood what you wanted to tell me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya116 View Post
however pre 2010 puntos have horrible plastic issue which two of my colleagues have.
I guess a lot of people say the same stuff. And looks like Fiat worked on the plastics after the launch. I would at-least expect them to make sure they get good interiors in the next cars they bring, right from the first batch. The "first impression" thing actually works !
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2011, 18:55   #3768
mo1
BHPian

Just back from the Pandit Auto Showroom(TATA-FIAT), Pune.
Took a test drive of Punto 1.3 MJD. It was a short city drive and I am very pleased! Currently they are offering ~25K discount (~15K insurance + 10K cash) + 15K exchange bonus if you are selling you old car.

The lady SA gave me a shocking information when I asked about any recent feedback that she got from customers. She said currently there is one issue going on with Puntos. There is some type of "leak" in the AC system.So AC becomes weak due to this. She couldn't tell me the exact issue but she said the fix is easy(to tighten some nut). I was shocked because she told me this very coolly(I do appreciate her frankness) but she told me this just like someone tells about an ongoing offer! I am seriously considering buying Punto and this piece of info has definitely shaken me. Lastly, she did tell me that they are now checking this issue in their PDI but still its scary!
Has any of the recent owners faced this issue?
Old 28th September 2011, 20:17   #3769
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mo1 View Post
Just back from the Pandit Auto Showroom(TATA-FIAT), Pune.
Took a test drive of Punto 1.3 MJD. It was a short city drive and I am very pleased! Currently they are offering ~25K discount (~15K insurance + 10K cash) + 15K exchange bonus if you are selling you old car.

The lady SA gave me a shocking information when I asked about any recent feedback that she got from customers. She said currently there is one issue going on with Puntos. There is some type of "leak" in the AC system.So AC becomes weak due to this. She couldn't tell me the exact issue but she said the fix is easy(to tighten some nut). I was shocked because she told me this very coolly(I do appreciate her frankness) but told me this just like someone tells about an ongoing offer! I am seriously considering buying Punto and this piece of info has definitely shaken me. Lastly, she did tell me that they are now checking this issue in their PDI but still its scary!
that;s news to me atleast. I have a may 2011 made and never faces any such issue in delhi. infact after keeping the AC nob on full for first 5 min , i switch back to 1 . that keeps cabin sufficiently cool . remember i still hasn;t got a sun film installed. thanks for the info though. Will check with my SA .
.sushilkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2011, 20:26   #3770
BHPian

Quote:
There is some type of "leak" in the AC system.So AC becomes weak due to this. She couldn't tell me the exact issue but she said the fix is easy(to tighten some nut).
Some Puntos had faulty O-ring which caused the refrigerant gas to leak out. The SA might have told you about it. I think this issue is sorted out. I have an April 2011 Punto, I have never faced this issue in my car.
nkg77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2011, 20:35   #3771
Senior - BHPian

I have 2 Punto MJD EPs - Mar 2010 and May 2010. No issues - Mar 2010 has clocked 13K kms and May 2010 vehicle has clocked 34K kms. FYI
headers is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2011, 20:44   #3772
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There is some type of "leak" in the AC system.So AC becomes weak due to this. She couldn't tell me the exact issue but she said the fix is easy(to tighten some nut). I was shocked because she told me this very coolly(I do appreciate her frankness) but she told me this just like someone tells about an ongoing offer! I am seriously considering buying Punto and this piece of info has definitely shaken me. Lastly, she did tell me that they are now checking this issue in their PDI but still its scary!
The SA have been confused about the O-Ring Issue. There was an issue with faulty O-Ring on some 2011 manufactured Puntos and FIAT did replace the O-Rings on them. As far as I know, the problem have already been sorted out.
theexperthand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2011, 01:13   #3773
Senior - BHPian

I recently took a longish testdrive(25km approx) of the Punto 90HP was a proper testdrive, bumper to bumper traffic, open highways where i hit 3 digit speeds and small narrow roads to see how much of an issue that all bashers of Punto crib about. The huge turning radius.

I was very happy with the car except for one area, the gearbox. I want to know what the owners have to say about this. I found it very difficult to slot the car into 5th gear. Both the times i tried though i was able to slot it into fifth it felt very hard and almost like the gear knob was refusing to shift to 5th.

Is this a problem common to all punto's ?
Old 29th September 2011, 01:32   #3774
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
I was very happy with the car except for one area, the gearbox. I want to know what the owners have to say about this. I found it very difficult to slot the car into 5th gear. Both the times i tried though i was able to slot it into fifth it felt very hard and almost like the gear knob was refusing to shift to 5th.

The gearshift is not as smooth as in some other cars (I loved Polo's) as you would already have read in this thread. When I drove a Punto for the first time, I had difficulty shifting to 2nd gear and 5th gear. And when I bought mine, I had a tough time shifting from 5th to 4th. But in a day or two, I got used to it. So, I think it's just a matter of getting used to the shifts. Or maybe the TD car had a problem - you could try TD-ing a different car.
Old 29th September 2011, 01:43   #3775
Senior - BHPian

Even i thought it could just be a TD car problem. Will definitely try to take another car for TD but even if its bad, i think can live with it and the short 1st gear.

Car is excellent otherwise, also any chance of gear shifts smoothness improving as i clock-in more kms ?
Old 29th September 2011, 01:53   #3776
Senior - BHPian

Yes, I definitely think the smoothness of gear shifts has improved in my car (now about 14K km old). As I mentioned, some of it could be attributed to just getting used to the car.
Old 29th September 2011, 03:04   #3777
BHPian

Quote:

great to know that you liked the car, in its 90HP avatar, its really crafted for true fan.
Regarding the gear shift, i must say that the feel is rubbery and first gear is too short but i have not had any issues in shifting to 5th cog so far in my 10k kms.
Just to be doubly sure, try a different TD car as well.
Dj
Old 29th September 2011, 08:08   #3778
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk

I have a 5 month old Punto and have covered 7800kms as of now. I have not faced any difficulty in changing the gears till now, but as others have told the shift is slightly rubbery.
Old 29th September 2011, 08:41   #3779
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Not at all, You seemed to have a TD car that is a 90 HP LEMON!! TD another car

Last edited by headers : 29th September 2011 at 08:42.
Old 29th September 2011, 10:22   #3780
BHPian

Quote:
I recently took a longish testdrive(25km approx) of the Punto 90HP was a proper testdrive, bumper to bumper traffic, open highways where i hit 3 digit speeds and small narrow roads to see how much of an issue that all bashers of Punto crib about. The huge turning radius.

Yes, I had a similar feedback in the TD and also during the first month of ownership. But now that I am nearing 1 yr and completed > 15K, I don't feel the difference anymore. It is definitely not as smooth as polo/fabia/i20.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks