Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2012, 09:04   #4516
J.Ravi

Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Congratulations, CrAzY dRiVeR.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Any other recommended brands?
My Linea is equipped with FIAT approved accessory Autocop rear parking sensors [4 sensors and IRVM with display panel] from Concorde Motors, Dairy Circle, Bangalore. It has got optional audio alert by way of beeps [frequency increases as the obstacle gets closer], which can be switched off.

Old 12th March 2012, 09:43   #4517
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
The OE reverse sensors are cheap Minda or some chinese make. You WILL LOOSE DAY/NIGHT FACILITY of the OE RWM - Beware

Yes the reverse sensor comes with a audio alert with a sexy chinky voice telling you the distance and STOOOOPPPPP! along with the visual alert on the mirror!
They are not "OE" sensors...They are "OE approved" sensors that dealers put.
"OE approved" just means that if these accesories are installed at the dealership, warranty will not get void.

The fiat branded sensors have only audio signals and no display anywhere.
I'm not able to find the accesories page on the new fiat website (which was present in the earlier website) to prove my point though.
Most of the dealers install the OE approved sensors to make additional profit by stating that you get extra display.
But if you insist you can get the Fiat branded sensors

Quote:
Any other recommended brands? The car is bigger than what I had in mind, rear visibility is poor + I'll need to reverse into my parking lot (infested with bikes ) at midnight. Hence sensors seem to be a necessity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Congratulations, CrAzY dRiVeR.
My Linea is equipped with FIAT approved accessory Autocop rear parking sensors [4 sensors and IRVM with display panel] from Concorde Motors, Dairy Circle, Bangalore. It has got optional audio alert by way of beeps [frequency increases as the obstacle gets closer], which can be switched off.
I too have this autocop branded Fiat approved sensors and its very useful.
Though I loose the day night functionality, this mirror is dull compared to a day mirror and slightly bright than a night mirror.
Its a kind of "Evening mirror" and is fine for me.

J.Ravi, can you tell me how to switch off the sound?
Old 12th March 2012, 09:56   #4518
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand
if you remove the clip on mirror there is a switch behind it to mute the sound.
Old 12th March 2012, 10:21   #4519
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Just now tested and reporting the result: there are two switches below the display panel-cum-IRVM, one each for display and audio switching on/off. BTW, mine is Autocop Parkpro version. This is the image displayed after switching off the audio beeps. If display is switched off, only the IRVM can be used as the display becomes blank!
Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-image0080.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkg77 View Post
if you remove the clip on mirror there is a switch behind it to mute the sound.
There is no need to remove the clip. The two switches are accessible directly.
  (3) Thanks
Old 12th March 2012, 10:24   #4520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
There is no need to remove the clip. The two switches are accessible directly.
Mine, I need to remove the clip on mirror to access the switch. I think this might be different for each brand.
nkg77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2012, 10:45   #4521
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by live2dream View Post
During my couple of visits to VST showroon, I had checked out the sound quality of 3 to 4 puntos , some of the felt really crappy, whereas some of them felt decently good. When asked about this to the SA, the brand of speakers may vary on some cars. You might be one of the lucky ones.
Are these words from the SA true? Or is it that the cheap paper cone speakers provided with the car breaks easily at louder volumes, thus leading to cracking of the audio? Either way, CrazyDriver seems to be lucky!
Old 12th March 2012, 11:41   #4522
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have been trying to keep the rpm below 2000 till now, and it feels as slow/fast as the 75hp. I dont see any major difference from 75hp. But again, too early to comment authoritatively.

Thats a beautiful colour! I had a very tough time deciding between Tusan Wine and BNW.

• I was expecting the stock music system to be absolute crap. I had even charted my Stage-I upgrade plan with the help of T-Bhp'ian and friend crazybiker46. However - the system has managed to surprise me. Although its not amazing, it feels good enough at the volumes i listen to, and for this segment of cars. Will check a few more days, and see if Stage I is really needed (Will go to Stage II directly bit later then!).
  • I thought Punto had a 4 speakers. I didnt expect tweeters to be included in the system. Something specific to 90HP?
Thanks, for me white is the best color on the Punto but wifey dearest had other ideas. So Tuscan Wine it was.

Why are you babying the car? I haven't seen any running in related information in the manual. I am not revving the car but too much but capping my revs at 2500 RPM. It does 100 kmph at these revs (same as a Civic MT)

Regarding the music system, the Punto always came with 4 speakers and 2 tweeters and the sound is pretty good till volume 10-12.
It all goes south beyond these levels.

Even I am contemplating an ICE upgrade, unfortunately I've had to push this on the back burner.
Old 12th March 2012, 13:10   #4523
BHPian

Gents,

I have a question . there was a accidental repair on car and everything was done under insurance. unfortunately the mechanics did;t fitted the RHS head Light assembly properly & when same was pointed out to dealer, they fixed everything and again charged in the bill. Additionally they damaged the LHS side wheel cover ( black in color in wheel well ) while doing some welding work . agreed to damage and refused to correct it later on. here also they charged us and was paid on the spot.

question is : - are the above charges genuine. if i has to pay for their damages as well and for correcting even small things , what;s the point in having warranty on the car.

Even more unfortunate is that when this was escalated to FIAT, they closed it saying that dealer has send a letter to customer and everything is sorted out and customer is happy . they have even forged the signatures of my dad as well on the feedback form .

The dealer in question here is CARGO MOTORS JALANDHAR.

How shall i proceed in this case . have already open the same complaint with FIAT again and asked them for feedback . shall i wait or escalate higher ups; .
Old 12th March 2012, 17:00   #4524
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar
How shall i proceed in this case . have already open the same complaint with FIAT again and asked them for feedback . shall i wait or escalate higher ups; .
First of all please have documentary evidence in place (scanned invoice copies and photos). Mail this to Fiat higher ups. Supporting evidence will always get more attention.

Dealer / service center must take responsibility for their mistakes.
autocrat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2012, 17:03   #4525
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocrat View Post
First of all please have documentary evidence in place (scanned invoice copies and photos). Mail this to Fiat higher ups. Supporting evidence will always get more attention.

+1, and in the open case with fiat Customer support, please mention that the dealer duped the signature of your dad, which leads to a case of 420.
asdon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2012, 10:47   #4526
Senior - BHPian

Have posted this in another thread, but did not get any reply even after 15 days, so posting here again:
I have a query regarding using FM transmitter on Punto for USB slot. I have observed that the lighter port is located very close to the gear lever in Punto. Has anybody faced any kind of difficulty while slotting into reverse gear when the FM transmitter is plugged into the lighter port? Will the stalk of the lever touch the transmitter? I am attaching an image where I have marked in red the lighter plug. (Image courtesy GTO)

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-fiat_grande_punto_interior_dsc02730.jpg

Quote:
me too Puntos are seen everywhere in Bangalore.
I added one more a couple of months back! Tuscan wine

Quote:
I opted for SBI car loan, @12% floating rate of interest.
Good thing about this loan is it allows for pre-closure and part payment - with out penalty. There are some riders though.

SBI being SBI, will take a week to process the loan
The Facility for non penalized pre closure and part payment is what attracts many car loan customers to SBI and other nationalized banks!
BTW, which branch is processing your loan? I got my loan of Rs. 3 lakhs approved in a couple of hours from SBI, RT Nagar. was totally fuss free! All that the manager verified was my CIBIL rating!

Last edited by sandsun7 : 13th March 2012 at 11:12.
Old 13th March 2012, 14:04   #4527
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7
Have posted this in another thread, but did not get any reply even after 15 days, so posting here again:!
hope the below pictures answer your query...

Name:  ForumRunner_20120313_140145.png
Views: 2414
Size:  526.7 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20120313_140209.png
Views: 2266
Size:  539.6 KB

it may touch the seat or handbrake lever depending on the angle you plug it in, but it never touches the gear lever...not even when the reverse gear is engaged.
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2012, 14:21   #4528
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
hope the below pictures answer your query...

it may touch the seat or handbrake lever depending on the angle you plug it in, but it never touches the gear lever...not even when the reverse gear is engaged.
Thanks a lot Hemanth. In fact I had seen two kind of transmitters, one with a longer stalk and another with a shorter one. I was sure that the one with longer stalk would definitely not touch anywhere, but would be expensive by around Rs.200/-. Was stuck in deciding which one to get. Now things are clear, I will get the one with the normal short stalk.
Pictures of the two variants below:

Short stalk:, Rs. 540 convex brand
Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-fmt1.jpg

Longer stalk, can be bent, Rs. 740, convex brand
Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-fmt2.jpg
Old 13th March 2012, 14:37   #4529
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
+1, and in the open case with fiat Customer support, please mention that the dealer duped the signature of your dad, which leads to a case of 420.
Thanks guys. i Have logged a strong protest on the charges with FIAT customer care and they will be reverting back to me by Friday. has categorically mentioned them that the signatures of dad were forged on theirs rating sheets and no letter from dealer was ever received.

I have all the Bills with me. Will wait till Friday evening and if nothing moves forward , i will escalate to Mr Mangesh and if required will start a New thread.
Old 15th March 2012, 03:19   #4530
Team-BHP Support

They say she has got charecter, but little did I know that she would, when confused, scold me in Italiano!

Yes- Blue and me does that at times, and I have no clue why! Is this normal?

Is there any other way to change tracks without using steering controls (For USB playback)? Blue and me handbook does true justice to the microsoft lineage. It gets you even more confused everytime you try reading it.

Reverse sensors are still on hold since I did not get time to visit the dealership. Looks like 'FIAT approved' Autocop sensors are the best bet.

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-20120315_013537_lomo.jpg

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 15th March 2012 at 03:38.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks