Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2012, 13:26   #4441
BHPian

Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
^ What was the OTR offered? And freebies? If i were you, i would have demanded a Feb 2012 make. Are u sure that the 5 th whell is not an alloy?
5th wheel was never an Alloy for Punto or Linea, only Linea TJet has a spare alloy wheel.
nkg77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2012, 17:22   #4442
BHPian

Well i had booked my car on feb 15th, so I dont mind it being a Jan make car.
I didnot ask them for too many freebies, I wanted more of cash discount. The final on road price of the car came to 7,50,000. Anyways they are giving mudflaps,perfume and car cover as accesories. They were giving mudflaps as well, but i refused as it spoils the look of the car. The experience with the VST dealership has been v pleasant so far
Old 4th March 2012, 18:54   #4443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
Just heard from two different dealers that Fiat is hiking its car prices post 15th march. So if any of you guys are waiting to buy a Fiat, go ahead asap. For Punto, the increase is 40k it seems! Wonder how fiat can afford this much of a hike.
This news is for all diesel cars.
Oil ministry has recommended additional excise on diesel cars to off-set diesel subsidy. On the other hand heavy industry ministry is opposing any hike in excise.
This will be clear on 16th Mar 2012, when Budget is presented.
S.MJet is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2012, 21:02   #4444
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by live2dream View Post
The Odo showed a reading of 12 kms and the speedo was not disconnected
Does it have an "H" mark on the odo? If yes, the car really has done only 12km, I guess. I think the A.S.S guys can reset it. My car had only 17km on the odo when I took delivery, but there was no "H" mark.
Old 4th March 2012, 21:29   #4445
BHPian

@starryaky... Oh yes..there was an H on the odo and then 12 km was written. Wat is that H anyway.
Old 5th March 2012, 09:10   #4446
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by live2dream View Post
@starryaky... Oh yes..there was an H on the odo and then 12 km was written. Wat is that H anyway.
You can reset the odometer in a Punto/Linea before its hits 200kms. The "H" is visible till the car reaches 200kms, it goes off if some one resets the odometer or the car crosses 200kms which ever is first. As long as the "H" is present you have the option of resetting the odometer on your car. Hope this clears your queries regarding the "H".
nkg77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2012, 13:15   #4447
Senior - BHPian

Guys, these days I have observed that my Punto is a bit noisy when you stand outside, yes... I have become a lot finicky. The noise is not audible inside the cabin. The sound is like a whirring of a fan or some motor & not the growl or clatter of the diesel engine.

This happens only in the afternoon when the temp is high. The temp guage on the MID was showing 39 degrees (my Android was showing 31 degrees). Also, this happens only when I switch ON the AC. Can the radiator fan be that noisy, if at all that is the case?

This has been observed by my friends & my family many times before but since the noise does not filter inside the cabin, I have never heard it.

Is this normal with Puntos?

Last edited by raj_5004 : 5th March 2012 at 13:16.
Old 5th March 2012, 13:22   #4448
Team-BHP Support

The radiator fan is very loud, and you will not really hear it inside but you will feel the extra vibration on the steering wheel. It must be that since you mentioned the MID was showing 39 degrees.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2012, 13:25   #4449
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Guys, these days I have observed that my Punto is a bit noisy when you stand outside, yes... I have become a lot finicky. The noise is not audible inside the cabin. The sound is like a whirring of a fan or some motor & not the growl or clatter of the diesel engine.

This happens only in the afternoon when the temp is high. The temp guage on the MID was showing 39 degrees (my Android was showing 31 degrees). Also, this happens only when I switch ON the AC. Can the radiator fan be that noisy, if at all that is the case?

This has been observed by my friends & my family many times before but since the noise does not filter inside the cabin, I have never heard it.

Is this normal with Puntos?
It is normal and as you rightly pointed out it is the AC fan.

It is after the last year's AC upgrade, The AC has become LOUD. the earlier AC was not this loud.
We have to either bear the heat of the Indian summer or live with this fan sound.

I prefer the latter
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2012, 13:33   #4450
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
The radiator fan is very loud, and you will not really hear it inside but you will feel the extra vibration on the steering wheel. It must be that since you mentioned the MID was showing 39 degrees.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post

It is after the last year's AC upgrade, The AC has become LOUD. the earlier AC was not this loud.
We have to either bear the heat of the Indian summer or live with this fan sound.

I prefer the latter
Thank you friends, saved a trip to the A.S.S.

These days it looks like I am scouting for a reason to run to the A.S.S.!

Even I would prefer the noise than the summer heat! Must say, the cabin chills in next to no time, and since the noise does not filter in the cabin, I was never really bothered.
raj_5004 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2012, 00:48   #4451
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post

I prefer the latter
Does Punto suffer from 'tornado fan' as in the Palio MJD? Does it kick up dust?

How did you guys put the numberplate? By drilling holes in the rear bumber? Couldn't see any provision for number plate in punto 2012.
Old 6th March 2012, 01:51   #4452
Senior - BHPian

My friend booked Punto in Bangalore yesterday. Sales man was scaring him last week "Sir, if you want 90 bhp you have to book by today since it takes 15 days to get it. By then if Govt increase price for diesel vehicles, then you have to pay more. So better book now only" . My friends asked "Budget prices are effective from April, and how come there will be hike just after budget" for that Sales Person was "sir, if FIAT company increases price immediately after budget we have to oblige. So its a risk waiting any more".

Later when he went to book they said "sir you book, we will see if we can get the 90bhp else we will get the 75bhp Emotion instead"

I am totally confused by these Sales Personnel! Every time they are telling new stories.
Old 6th March 2012, 06:51   #4453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy
My friend booked Punto in Bangalore yesterday. Sales man was scaring him last week "Sir, if you want 90 bhp you have to book by today since it takes 15 days to get it. By then if Govt increase price for diesel vehicles, then you have to pay more. So better book now only" . My friends asked "Budget prices are effective from April, and how come there will be hike just after budget" for that Sales Person was "sir, if FIAT company increases price immediately after budget we have to oblige. So its a risk waiting any more".
Same was told to me at concorde.
Old 6th March 2012, 07:36   #4454
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
My friend booked Punto in Bangalore yesterday. Sales man was scaring him last week "Sir, if you want 90 bhp you have to book by today since it takes 15 days to get it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by autocrat View Post
Same was told to me at concorde.
Somehow, I feel 90HP deliveries may be less/ stopped in March, to launch the new version (rumoured) by March end/ April beginning. Dealers expect a price increase soon - and there is no way FIAT can increase the price of the (already overpriced without discounts) 90HP without bringing out a facelift.

I have also booked 90HP by feb end. I heard the same story from 2 dealers in Chennai that time itself!
Old 6th March 2012, 08:13   #4455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post

Later when he went to book they said "sir you book, we will see if we can get the 90bhp else we will get the 75bhp Emotion instead"

I am totally confused by these Sales Personnel! Every time they are telling new stories.
Did they ask you to pay the full amount in advance?
Otherwise if the car comes after budget, revised price is applicable right?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks