Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2012, 19:28   #4486
BHPian

Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

@driver : It would be specific to the transport service involved for the particular batch/shipment/chassis number. Just try ktspl dot com and it will become very clear.

@sidindica : OK. Makes perfect sense! They are both from the same stable hence the sequential numbers!
Old 8th March 2012, 19:56   #4487
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapis_lazuli View Post
Thanks Hemanth. I had been following yours and other 1.2 threads religiously for several months before I took the decision. BTW your "Abarth" looks awesome: those logos especially!

Coming to the niggles part:

1) Starting the day I took delivery, there has been intermittent warning flash indicating that the number plate light is defective. It used to appear and disappear randomly. Yesterday morning, while crossing a pothole the car bumped a little more than usual, because I did not lower the speed as much. That sharp jerk, seems to have corrected the situation. The warning did not come up again. Maybe there was a loose fit. But too early to say.

2) The stepnee lock nut : It is very tightly locked in place. At first I thought may be a separate spanner has been provided. But finally after a lot of pressure with ARMSTRONG spanner (LOL) I could unscrew it. Maybe it is supposed to be this way. I don't know.

Very little things really. Apart from these, everything else seems to be OK. The stock audio system is, well, just about suits my genre at lower volumes. I flattened the bass to +2. LOUDNESS ON, and it sounds OK for me. Nothing too great, nor was it on my wish list.

I am still exploring the car. Still having problems with the direction control on the left hand stalk: time and again I engage the wipers instead!!

sidindicas punto 2012 thread : Amusingly enough, his car number is xx 0957 and mine is xx 0956..!
Thanks for all the nice words...

The 2nd point is not a niggle at all. Its just a sign that the car is untouched.
From the second use, the lock nut will be ok.
I still remember my car's first puncture...By turns, two of us had used our force to open that stepney lock bolt.

The first point is a sure sign of loose contact...Either you correct it yourself or get it corrected at the A.S.S soon.

The first few days, you'll turn on the wipers instead of the wipers .
The next few days (or rather evenings), you'll turn off the headlamps while trying to turn on the indicators.
but later on, you'll get used to turning on the indicators at a lower point on the stalk rather than at the end of it.
Old 8th March 2012, 23:23   #4488
Team-BHP Support

Did PDI for my 90hp today. Initial impressions-

1. Raised ground clearance, however old 90hp interiors. I like this dark grey better. Red stitching on seats with 3 P logo, same as old 90hp.
2. Ultra smooth clutch. It made me go wow.
3. Glovebox misaligned as usual. Didn't find it that big a problem in 2012 model.
4. Hornpad fit looks good.
5. Run 34kms and H is still there. Engine felt silent compared to TD car.
6. Had a small drive, but nothing much to report regarding the drive. Delivery on Saturday after registration.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 8th March 2012 at 23:26.
Old 9th March 2012, 20:07   #4489
BHPian

Congrats for getting your car before budget and your marriage.
So total waiting period was how many days?
How was the dealings with dealership so far?
Any freebies with the car?

Btw. My Swift is in transit and i will be taking the delivery on 24th.
Old 9th March 2012, 22:50   #4490
Senior - BHPian

Just saw the new brochure on Fiat's website. The 90 HP variant is back with raised GC only.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-untitled1.jpg  

sidindica is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2012, 23:03   #4491
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Did PDI for my 90hp today. Initial impressions-

1. Raised ground clearance, however old 90hp interiors. I like this dark grey better. Red stitching on seats with 3 P logo, same as old 90hp.
2. Ultra smooth clutch. It made me go wow.
3. Glovebox misaligned as usual. Didn't find it that big a problem in 2012 model.
4. Hornpad fit looks good.
6. Had a small drive, but nothing much to report regarding the drive. Delivery on Saturday after registration.
Congrats ! I'm feeling a little envious I kept hearing conflicting reports about 90BHP - some friends saying the 90BHPs are not really 2012 models, the dealer rep insisting otherwise. Anyway, my chance of a pre-price-rise GP90 is done away with. Ouch for complaint #3 !

What's the "H" in the odometer signify ?
Old 10th March 2012, 00:07   #4492
BHPian

Re: Went to book a Punto, Ended up booking a Linea

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post

I am seeing a sudden rise in the number of 2012 Puntos & Lineas on the road. Infact I have saw 3 Oceanic blue Puntos & Lineas in one day. Now thats surprising for a FIAT.
me too Puntos are seen everywhere in Bangalore. Is there some way to get sales data split geographically?

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Congrats buddy. Pre-2012 Puntos come with black & grey interiors, not beige.

Will you not miss the Blue&Me, ACC, steering mounted controls & Airbags? So why not buy a white Emotion?
I did go to book a Punto but ended up booking a Linea instead.

I opted for SBI car loan, @12% floating rate of interest.
Good thing about this loan is it allows for pre-closure and part payment - with out penalty. There are some riders though.

SBI being SBI, will take a week to process the loan
autocrat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2012, 09:02   #4493
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_klm View Post
Congrats for getting your car before budget and your marriage.
So total waiting period was how many days?
How was the dealings with dealership so far?
Any freebies with the car?

Btw. My Swift is in transit and i will be taking the delivery on 24th.
Wow! Finally your Swift is on its way! Congrats!

I booked the car on 22nd Feb. So, a waiting period of 20 days. (Would have got ready delivery had I opted for Tuscan Wine- it was in stock).

Freebies - Got the usual free insurance + extended warranty + corporate discounts + Mudflaps + floormats + Sill protection plate + Car covers. I qouted two dealers against each other, and got a deal I'm satisfied with.

I would give the dealership 9/10 so far. SE gets 7/10 from me till now. His lead gets 10/10. Will update properly after taking delivery.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Just saw the new brochure on Fiat's website. The 90 HP variant is back with raised GC only.
Yes Sid. I did PDI for my 2012 90 HP and can confirm it has the older interiors. Darker grey + seats with red stitching. It also retains chrome door handles. Will post pictures in a day or two.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post
Congrats ! I'm feeling a little envious I kept hearing conflicting reports about 90BHP - some friends saying the 90BHPs are not really 2012 models, the dealer rep insisting otherwise. Anyway, my chance of a pre-price-rise GP90 is done away with. Ouch for complaint #3 !

What's the "H" in the odometer signify ?
H signifies that the odometer has not been reset. AFAIK - it will disappear if ODO has been reset / when odo crosses 200 kms.

90 HP is rumoured to come out in a refreshed form in March end/ April. However - the current ones delivered to dealerships are 2012 manufactured ones. They are having raised GC, but old 90 HP interiors ( I like this better than the lighter grey of the other 2012 models). I dont believe the rumours since FIAT website is updated for 2012 GP 90 HP.

With T-JET though - they have clearly mentioned 'cars will be 2011 make'. T-JET will get a refresh in coming months.

How come your chance for a pre-price-rise GP is done away with? FIAT does not have big waiting periods - I'm sure your car can be invoiced before the budget, if you book soon?
Old 10th March 2012, 16:20   #4494
BHPian

Quote:
How come your chance for a pre-price-rise GP is done away with? FIAT does not have big waiting periods - I'm sure your car can be invoiced before the budget, if you book soon?
That's because we purchased a Figo instead ! Still open to another car, because chances are job changes/marital status change could possibly necessitate buying another car for my primary/exclusive use, but I will need several months to even make a sizeable down payment - so no feasibility of pre-price-hike Fiat.
Old 10th March 2012, 20:43   #4495
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
It looks like all models have a turning radius of 5m. Isn't that a new feature? AFAIK, all Fiats had a poor turning radius.

What is the ex-showroom price of the 90 bhp Punto?
Old 10th March 2012, 21:55   #4496
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
It looks like all models have a turning radius of 5m. Isn't that a new feature? AFAIK, all Fiats had a poor turning radius.

Punto 90HP costs 7.21 L INR ex showroom for a non premium color.
DRIV3R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2012, 23:32   #4497
Team-BHP Support

Was a long, happy day for me today. Will post the detailed impressions tomorrow. Ownership log will come up in a month's time, after running about 3k kms.

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-20120310_173037_800.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post

Yes. It is quite a significant reduction from 5.4m to 5m.

Even my first day with the vehicle - U- Turns didnt seem to be a headache. I'm used to a little WagonR and Punto had a good turning radius for its size.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th March 2012, 23:39   #4498
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Was a long, happy day for me today. Will post the detailed impressions tomorrow.
Congrats on your car! The tint looks HOT!
Old 11th March 2012, 00:13   #4499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR
Was a long, happy day for me today. Will post the detailed impressions tomorrow. Ownership log will come up in a month's time.
Congratulations for the new prized possession.
So, we can all see one more white hot angel flying in the roads near..! Enjoy and drive safe
Old 11th March 2012, 00:26   #4500
BHPian

Quote:
just a query guys is the H symbol only for fiat cars..?? As i have just book a fabia 1.6 and it is not visible on its odo although it shows only 22Kms..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks