Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2012, 16:43   #4636
BHPian

Listen to songs ripped with higher bit rate (256 - 320) kbps, then the stock HU can mange volume levels till 12.
nkg77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2012, 17:35   #4637
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkg77 View Post
Listen to songs ripped with higher bit rate (256 - 320) kbps, then the stock HU can mange volume levels till 12.
So original audio CDs would sound much better than the mp3 CDs that we burn at home is it? I found the Punto 2012 ICE to be decent, compared to the older verions. But even the 2012 ICE lacks that 'thumping bass'. So I would still recommend a change of speakers for the Punto owners, unless they listen only to carnatic and classical songs while travelling
Old 23rd March 2012, 17:50   #4638
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
Gents,
question is : - are the above charges genuine. if i has to pay for their damages as well and for correcting even small things , what;s the point in having warranty on the car.
The dealer in question here is CARGO MOTORS JALANDHAR.
well ,Quoting my Own post wrt to FIAT Famed A S S .Issue was escalated to Higher Up;s Including Mr Mangesh .All i received from the FIAT was a standard answer and a satisfaction note signed by dad. Strangely enough there is no date column on the note and somebody has appended it to below the signature .clearly not dad;s writing and it does n ;t matches with the guy who filled the form if one see's carefully. Again there was no effort on FIAT;s part to address the real issue , which was over charging by dealer.

Clearly Mr Mangesh also could not help here.( i guess he hasn;t read a mail send on 16/03/2011 )as i have put a read receipt, which i did received from other marked in Mail )

Anyways i don;t have time & patience to fight with dealer and FIAT ,so have decided to let it go . Will try another service station ( Kosmo ) in jalandhar and see if it helps else i have no option other than to drive down 600 Km;s to Delhi for getting the cars serviced With Sharma ji in Him Motors

Attached below is the satisfaction not send by them to me. Has masked car no and other details for sake of privacy . left HP 21 , so that one can make out the difference between 2 written in H P 21 and 2 written in date below signatures .

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-fiat.jpg

Last edited by .sushilkumar : 23rd March 2012 at 17:52.
Old 23rd March 2012, 19:29   #4639
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
well ,Quoting my Own post wrt to FIAT Famed A S S .Issue was escalated to Higher Up;s Including Mr Mangesh .
I read on some other mail where the customer complained of some dealer for NOT taking in the car for some urgent repair and the Fiat support team took it very seriously. Don't remember which thread was that. And a totally different response in your case? Hope you talked to the right set of people!
Old 23rd March 2012, 19:59   #4640
BHPian

Honestly speaking ,I never received any call from FIAT other than 2 mails with standard format from One Ashish Bhattacharya . Dealer did called me and i clarified everything to him as expected ,He shrugged off any such occurrence. it was like asking a thief to investigate if he has stolen anything.

I my self called Mr Ashish Out of frustration & Only heard usual customer service jazz & that they have asked dealer to act on it .May be because my car is Himachal registered and they don;t care for the small town customers.

Another call to their toll free no. was answered once by One Praful Shinde , Only to be put on hold for 6 min and than call got disconnected from their side.Tried calling again 7 times in next 5-10 minutes and each time, they pick up the call and bang down the phone as i could hear the back ground noise of people laughing clearly . May be they have caller id on their phone & as i was calling from same number each time and the guy did ;t like my voice that much . I think, they are taking things seriously down south as it;s their major market. Up north continues to be Worse, More so when the car is registered in a Unknown town in himachal, who cares.

Anyways I have not lost hope Yet , Car is Due to second service and will send her to other service station. If the same story is repeated there as well, will sell the car & go for Other Options. No Third Option !

Last edited by .sushilkumar : 23rd March 2012 at 20:03.
Old 24th March 2012, 08:57   #4641
BHPian

@.sushilkumar
The incidence like this bring the "I told you to stay clear of fiat" fallacy to fruition .I am really pained that the top brass still does not take care of customer woes .Its really sad as the trouble caused to the customer has brought him to the stage that he is determined to get rid of the fiat punto .
regards
praveen
blueblooded is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2012, 09:54   #4642
Senior - BHPian

I guess the dealer blames the manufacturer and the mfr the dealer. The ultimate victim is the buyer / owner / user.

Its not too rosy down south too Sir, FYI. Mr. Mangesh is very fast in responding to emails but when it comes to actually doing the work - The ball moves from one side to other!
headers is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2012, 18:40   #4643
BHPian

^^ exactly ,Dealer tried to shrug off saying it;s not his headache and my answer was as clear as water "I am not talking to any dealer ,i bought car from FIAT and you are FIAT For Me, Make me talk to your Boss if you still feel you are dealer guy "which forced him to bring down his tone. Unfortunately nobody from FIAT called. As for Mangesh goes, even I have high hopes when i escalated the case to him but to me it appears that he is on leave ,since i have put a read receipt on mail. anyhow , i hasn;t lost hope yet. Thankfully i have another A S S to try before I think about next step.
Old 26th March 2012, 13:55   #4644
BHPian

It appears that FIAT;s feedback system is still working. Just received a call from Fiat person, everything discussed. Hopefully this is end of my woes with them & i will have a good experience in future. As i told him that i am changing the Service station, He has good feedback about other dealer ( kosmo Motors ). In Nutshell, They some where are unable to control erring TATA dealers. can;t wait for separate FIAT Service point .
.sushilkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2012, 01:13   #4645
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Anyone has managed to get FIAT branded (fake is also fine) keychains?
Hi Crazy Driver

A link for FIAT key chain in E-Bay and I feel the price is on the higher side.

PREMIUM QUALITY METAL CAR KEY CHAIN IMPORTED FOR FIAT PUNTO | eBay
Old 27th March 2012, 10:10   #4646
BHPian

Low engine oil pressure telltale stays lit even after cranking..!

Dear Fellow Punto Owners / forum members,

I have a question reagrding "Low engine oil pressure" telltale in the cluster.
When the Ignition is ON, all the telltales in the cluster light up, and then fade away, however only the following three remain:

1. Battery
2. Engine Malfunction
3. Low engine oil pressure.

Once the Cranking happens, even these three fade away.

I have a Punto D, and am observing from about a month, that even after the cranking happens, the Low engine oil pressure telltale stays lit in my car, and fades away after I start to roll. The telltale stays lit may be for 2 or 3 secs after the cranking and then fades away.

Is this normal behaviour, or should i get the same checked at the service station..? What could be the reason for such behaviour..?

The owners manual states that all telltales should fade away as soon as the engine is started.

I have driven about 24000 KM till date (in 15 months) and 9000 KM after the last service.

Any suggestions or pointers would be of great help. Many thanks in advance.
Old 27th March 2012, 10:12   #4647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Anyone has managed to get FIAT branded (fake is also fine) keychains?
They can be Bought from FIAT cafe or you can get a Genuine Key chain shipped to India from E bay UK. cost is not that prohibitive from E bay UK .
Old 27th March 2012, 10:28   #4648
BHPian

Re: Low engine oil pressure telltale stays lit even after cranking..!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidyasagar View Post
Is this normal behaviour, or should i get the same checked at the service station..? What could be the reason for such behaviour..?
Its a normal behaviour, even I see the same on my car. Just check the oil level before the first morning crank.

If you see a dip get a top up done and also check for any oil leakage.

Last edited by scofield : 27th March 2012 at 10:29.
Old 27th March 2012, 10:35   #4649
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidyasagar View Post
I have a Punto D, and am observing from about a month, that even after the cranking happens, the Low engine oil pressure telltale stays lit in my car, and fades away after I start to roll. The telltale stays lit may be for 2 or 3 secs after the cranking and then fades away.

The oil warning lamp sometimes stays lit along with the lock symbol, however it is noticeable only when the cabin is dark. You have not described if you are able to see it in daylight, in which case you need to get it checked, if it goes away then there is no issue. The dim illumination is due to the sensor(loose contact,humidity etc), it goes away after a while. My Punto D is approximately as old as yours and done about 25k.
Old 27th March 2012, 11:02   #4650
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avira_tk View Post
The oil warning lamp sometimes stays lit along with the lock symbol, however it is noticeable only when the cabin is dark. You have not described if you are able to see it in daylight, in which case you need to get it checked, if it goes away then there is no issue. The dim illumination is due to the sensor(loose contact,humidity etc), it goes away after a while. My Punto D is approximately as old as yours and done about 25k.
Hi,
It is surely not an illumination issue. I am able to see it in broad daylight.
The lock symbol however fades out much earlier than low engine oil telltale.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks