Old 29th November 2013, 13:09   #6136
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
And the price of a new battery, pref. Amaron
Sandeep, this is the best I know of.

http://www.batterybhai.com/search_re...er=7&x=24&y=16

They are priced better than few brick & mortar stores too.

This is a 55Ah battery, while the stock ones are 50Ah. This is a worthy upgrade and would fit the tray in our cars, and can also take care of additional load, like custom ICE.
DRIV3R is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2013, 06:26   #6137
BHPian

If latest media reports are to be believed, Fiat is planning to kill Punto. :-( I sincerely hope the news should be just a rumor.

According to the source, a new car based on Fiat 500 will replace, the existing Punto.

A five door version of the 500 will replace the Punto. The Punto, last restyled in 2005, has long been a fixture in Fiat showrooms and as recently as 2007 it accounted for almost a third of the Fiat brand’s sales in Europe.
Old 11th December 2013, 06:46   #6138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
If latest media reports are to be believed, Fiat is planning to kill Punto. :-( I sincerely hope the news should be just a rumor.

According to the source, a new car based on Fiat 500 will replace, the existing Punto.

A five door version of the 500 will replace the Punto.

I don't know if it really would be the case for India. They are planning to invest heavily in European markets and this may be in that line. However in India, I am not sure if Fiat would be looking to set up assembly line for new products when the existing ones haven't perhaps recovered their cost. Plus with the two door 500 retailing at such high price, it would be funny to have a five door version of the same at Punto's levels.

They may just decide to go along with the Punto in India for some more years. Not sure if India really features high in their plans. They may be content selling their engines and discontinued ( elsewhere) models here in India.
Old 20th December 2013, 16:54   #6139
BHPian

Could somebody please tell if the Punto in India has a hydraulic or a cable clutch?
Old 21st December 2013, 10:12   #6140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedaltothefloor View Post
Could somebody please tell if the Punto in India has a hydraulic or a cable clutch?
Hydraulic clutch and all the cars which share the same engine.
Old 21st December 2013, 19:26   #6141
BHPian

I am planning to book Punto 90 HP. I got in touch with Fiat dealers in Bangalore. Zeroed on a dealer in KHT Fiat Whitefield last week. Since I was busy during the weekdays, I thought of booking the car today. However to my surprise the dealer told that they do not have stocks for Punto 90 HP or 75 HP. I was really surprised by their response and their behavior. Just couple of days before the sales person got in touch with me and asked about my tentative booking date.

I also got in touch with KHT Fiat Caffe on inner ring road. The sales person advised me that I can book the car this year and take delivery after January 14th next year. I asked him why, he gave be a funny answer, told me that your car will be registered in 2014 so you will have much better resale

Did anyone from TeamBHP planning to book Punto 90HP or 75 HP in Bangalore in this week? Did the dealer hint about stock availability?
Old 21st December 2013, 23:36   #6142
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabsubs View Post
I also got in touch with KHT Fiat Caffe on inner ring road. The sales person advised me that I can book the car this year and take delivery after January 14th next year. I asked him why, he gave be a funny answer, told me that your car will be registered in 2014 so you will have much better resale

Did anyone from TeamBHP planning to book Punto 90HP or 75 HP in Bangalore in this week? Did the dealer hint about stock availability?
How does that matter? If they do not have it in stock, they can order one and get it for you. Fiat will be more than happy to ship it. May be you should recheck with the sales rep or check with other dealers too as an option.
Old 22nd December 2013, 21:37   #6143
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabsubs View Post
....I also got in touch with KHT Fiat Caffe on inner ring road. The sales person advised me that I can book the car this year and take delivery after January 14th next year. I asked him why, he gave be a funny answer, told me that your car will be registered in 2014 so you will have much better resale...
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
How does that matter? If they do not have it in stock, they can order one and get it for you. Fiat will be more than happy to ship it. May be you should recheck with the sales rep or check with other dealers too as an option.
I think it's because of the plant shutdown during December and most probably the new batch will come with a revised price too.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2013, 08:47   #6144
BHPian

Hello friends finally i got my BNW 1.3 MJD active, just loving the way she handles and how beautiful she looks.The buying experience was very good indeed and after buying Safari Storme this year , this is again a buy which makes me say, when buying a car listen to your heart.

I wish to thank all of you at Tbhp to make this decision of mine an easy one.
Old 28th December 2013, 10:25   #6145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NST440 View Post
Hello friends finally i got my BNW 1.3 MJD active, just loving the way she handles and how beautiful she looks.The buying experience was very good indeed and after buying Safari Storme this year , this is again a buy which makes me say, when buying a car listen to your heart.

I wish to thank all of you at Tbhp to make this decision of mine an easy one.
Congratulations on your new punto. I would like to share my experiences with same model between jan 2012 to may 2013 after 14000 Kms. Watch out for dampness under the passenger footwell, this can happen with a defective AC drain pipe. I have mentioned the solution for this in my earlier posts. Also make sure the windsheild washer pipe underneath the bonnet is secured properly or you will be emptying the washer instead of spraying water on windsheild. There was a problem with a loose number plate light which can be rectified easily at FASS. And finally watch out for a loose link rod which makes a click sound when going over sharp bumps.It happens within the first 1000-1500 km, it's a 10 min job tightening it. All these are very minor but things to watch out for.
But overall a fantastic small car, and I doubt if any other small car can be so rewarding to drive. Sold mine because of closure of dealership in my place.

Last edited by damodar : 28th December 2013 at 10:30.
Old 28th December 2013, 11:09   #6146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damodar View Post

Congratulations on your new punto. I would like to share my experiences with same model between jan 2012 to may 2013 after 14000 Kms. Watch out for dampness under the passenger footwell, this can happen with a defective AC drain pipe. I have mentioned the solution for this in my earlier posts. Also make sure the windsheild washer pipe underneath the bonnet is secured properly or you will be emptying the washer instead of spraying water on windsheild. There was a problem with a loose number plate light which can be rectified easily at FASS. And finally watch out for a loose link rod which makes a click sound when going over sharp bumps.It happens within the first 1000-1500 km, it's a 10 min job tightening it. All these are very minor but things to watch out for.
But overall a fantastic small car, and I doubt if any other small car can be so rewarding to drive. Sold mine because of closure of dealership in my place.
Thanks damodar would surely look to get these things checked once I drive her for some kms. She has just clocked 250kms till now. One good thing is that I have procured 98 pcd alloys for her which is a humongous task otherwise.
Old 28th December 2013, 17:00   #6147
BHPian

Quote:
Watch out for dampness under the passenger footwell, this can happen with a defective AC drain pipe.
Quote:
And finally watch out for a loose link rod which makes a click sound when going over sharp bumps.
I cannot appreciate more the timing of your post Damodar - my 40 days old Punto Sports has developed both of the above symptoms. Hence, have taken up an appointment with the service center for 31st, Dec. Your posts was extremely helpful in self diagnosing the issue. Just one question, if you don't mind answering - if a replacement is compelled, should FASS be doing it under warranty ?
Quote:
Sold mine because of closure of dealership in my place.
sad to hear that you had to part ways with an otherwise excellent hatch
Old 28th December 2013, 19:39   #6148
Senior - BHPian

Tabrez: Definitely under warranty, do not worry.

The AC drain pipe leakage is a 15 min fix. Quite common on the Fiats.

Link rod would be tightened, in case the issue repeats they will consider replacement.
Old 28th December 2013, 23:12   #6149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabrez View Post
Just one question, if you don't mind answering - if a replacement is compelled, should FASS be doing it under warranty ?
Don't worry once the link rod is tightened you will not face the same problem again at least mine didn't even if i didn't treat it with kids gloves. If found defective FASS has to replace it under warranty.
Old 29th December 2013, 08:21   #6150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
Tabrez: Definitely under warranty, do not worry.

The AC drain pipe leakage is a 15 min fix. Quite common on the Fiats.

Link rod would be tightened, in case the issue repeats they will consider replacement.
Quote:
Don't worry once the link rod is tightened you will not face the same problem again at least mine didn't even if i didn't treat it with kids gloves. If found defective FASS has to replace it under warranty.
folks, thanks for your reassuring response's. I've booked an service appointment for 31st Tuesday with my dealer.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks