Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2014, 13:26   #6196
BHPian

Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

In Pune we do not have any issue with servicing and availability of the parts. I could even get the outer rear view mirror cover without any wait period. I had a Hyundai Santro earlier and the SA attitude at Hyundai and FIAT are diametrically opposite. FIAT SA concentrate more on what needs to be done while Hyundai SA were more intrested in pushing non-essential stuff.
vikrantj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2014, 15:43   #6197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikrantj View Post
In Pune we do not have any issue with servicing and availability of the parts. I could even get the outer rear view mirror cover without any wait period. I had a Hyundai Santro earlier and the SA attitude at Hyundai and FIAT are diametrically opposite. FIAT SA concentrate more on what needs to be done while Hyundai SA were more intrested in pushing non-essential stuff.
Hey Vikrant.
Which service center is this? Earlier BU Bhandari was good. Then Pandit was the only major one left, and they don't have a good reputation, overall, (including Tata as well).
Old 17th February 2014, 15:49   #6198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Hey Vikrant.
Which service center is this? Earlier BU Bhandari was good. Then Pandit was the only major one left, and they don't have a good reputation,
You will be surprised! Vikrant is indeed talking about Pandit

Pandit has improved by leaps and bounds since FIAT has gone solo.
Old 17th February 2014, 16:45   #6199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Hey Vikrant.
Which service center is this? Earlier BU Bhandari was good. Then Pandit was the only major one left, and they don't have a good reputation, overall, (including Tata as well).
Quote:
Originally Posted by amoghchaphalkar View Post

Yup I am talking about Pandit. They have dramatically improved their service.
Old 19th February 2014, 11:07   #6200
Distinguished - BHPian

IAB shows the latest spy shots of the Punto facelift.

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-2014fiatpuntofaceliftindiaspiediab.jpg
Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-2014fiatpuntofaceliftindiaspiediabrearview.jpg

Quote:
The refreshed Punto will retain a front fascia similar to the current model. The front bumper will be replaced with a newer design featuring new foglights while the headlight clusters will be darkened for a sportier look. At the rear, the taillights will receive new lenses,while the reflectors on the bumper will be repositioned

Last edited by volkman10 : 19th February 2014 at 11:09.
Old 19th February 2014, 12:22   #6201
BHPian

Quote:
I agree completely with Vikrant and Amogh. I had a much improved experience at their Fiat station as compared to my Indica Xeta days.
Old 19th February 2014, 13:03   #6202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmplog View Post
I agree completely with Vikrant and Amogh. I had a much improved experience at their Fiat station as compared to my Indica Xeta days.
It all depends upon ow the dealership management prioritzes customer satisfaction. If they genuinely feel, they would go to any extent to make the customer feel satisfied. In some cases it is totally opposite. Take the case of Balaji Autoworld, Thane. Inspite of bringing some glaring negatives about the way of functioning at the workshop, the managment is happy to go about their normal routine and keep customer satsifaction at the bottom of their priorities. Never will a customer leave the workshop smiling.

it is good to know Pandit Auto doesnt fall in the latter category.
Old 19th February 2014, 19:05   #6203
BHPian

Team Bhpians from Chennai please help. My car's 3rd service (30K service) falls at first week of March. Kindly let me which dealer is doing a better job RDC or Ramkay? Where can i go?

My insurance is also getting renewed next week. My current insurance is with HDFC Ergo, but Bajaj Alliance provides better IDV (5 lac) with low premium, it's a comprehensive insurance. Kindly let me know if Bajaj Allianz is good.

Thanks,
Sridhar
Old 19th February 2014, 19:14   #6204
MCR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridharj View Post
Team Bhpians from Chennai please help. My car's 3rd service (30K service) falls at first week of March. Kindly let me which dealer is doing a better job RDC or Ramkay? Where can i go?
Look no further : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ealership.html

BHPian J.Ravi has had an excellent experience at this place before.
MCR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2014, 20:30   #6205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoghchaphalkar View Post

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmplog View Post
So, Pandit's Fiat section has improved and the Tata section is still the issue? Or they have improved as well? We have always skipped Tata cars due to sub-par service experience. This might help us in future.

Last edited by S_U_N : 19th February 2014 at 20:32.
Old 20th February 2014, 18:19   #6206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
Look no further : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ealership.html

BHPian J.Ravi has had an excellent experience at this place before.

Thanks MCR, I will book an appointment with Ramkay Fiat. Also, my insurace is up for renewal, got a better quote from Bajaj Allianz. Do anyone know how is their service in case of any claims.

Thanks,
Sridhar
Old 21st February 2014, 18:46   #6207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridharj View Post

My insurance is also getting renewed next week. My current insurance is with HDFC Ergo, but Bajaj Alliance provides better IDV (5 lac) with low premium, it's a comprehensive insurance. Kindly let me know if Bajaj Allianz is good.

Thanks,
Sridhar
RDC Fiat is better than Ramkay Fiat in my opinion. I found the cost of spares to be much higher at Ramkay when compared to RDC. RDC technicians seem to have better technical know how as well. However, your experience may be different.

If cashless claims are important to you, RDC Fiat only accepts Future Generali & Bharti Axa. I currently have HDFC Ergo but I will renew it next month with Bharti Axa for this reason.
Old 21st February 2014, 18:56   #6208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedaltothefloor View Post
RDC Fiat is better than Ramkay Fiat in my opinion. I found the cost of spares to be much higher at Ramkay when compared to RDC. RDC technicians seem to have better technical know how as well. However, your experience may be different.

If cashless claims are important to you, RDC Fiat only accepts Future Generali & Bharti Axa. I currently have HDFC Ergo but I will renew it next month with Bharti Axa for this reason.

Thanks for your reply Pedaltothefloor, I had my first service at RDC with no complaints and it is easily reachable when compared to Ramkay. Thanks a lot for throwing some light on bharathi Axa will look into it too.

Thanks,
Sridhar
Old 22nd February 2014, 19:45   #6209
BHPian

Folks - Just a question. My 90hp diesel punto feels sluggish even after 4000kms on the odo. Going beyond 120 is a pain and the engine also feels boomy.

What can I expect going forward?

Thanks in advance.
Old 22nd February 2014, 22:35   #6210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
Folks - Just a question. My 90hp diesel punto feels sluggish even after 4000kms on the odo. Going beyond 120 is a pain and the engine also feels boomy.

What can I expect going forward?

Thanks in advance.
Could be either
a) clogged air filter
b) clogged turbo hose. get the hose checked and also the turbine boost.I have easily done speeds in excess of what you have written with relative ease in my 75 bhp punto.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks