Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2014, 13:17   #6226
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedaltothefloor View Post
and then replacing "MAS" airflow Sensor under warranty.
You shouldn't be paying labor if this was warranty work!
DRIV3R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2014, 14:02   #6227
BHPian

Yes, I need to speak to them tomorrow on what exactly are the labor charges for. Could be the brake discs but seems excessive.
Old 3rd March 2014, 20:52   #6228
Senior - BHPian

@ Pedaltothefloor, Sriram's car did 19K and no disc's changed and I'm pretty sure mine too not. I'm bit confused and concerned.

Requesting someone to throw light on the disc's replacement. When do we need to change them?
Old 3rd March 2014, 23:00   #6229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
@ Pedaltothefloor, Sriram's car did 19K and no disc's changed and I'm pretty sure mine too not. I'm bit confused and concerned.

Requesting someone to throw light on the disc's replacement. When do we need to change them?
I changed mine at 65000 kms. Disc needs to be changed when it develops a step due to metal surface. The thickness of the disc is now thin and hence prone to damage on high speed sudden braking. The pad life also reduces at this stage.
gp_fanatico is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2014, 00:04   #6230
BHPian

My brake discs lasted for 75000 kms which was OEM .The current pad is holding strong for last 15k kms,so its little early to comment on it .My car has clocked 90k kms in last three and half years
regards
praveen singh
Old 4th March 2014, 14:08   #6231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramr9 View Post
Just wondering as to why, power steering oil, coolant and transmission oil was not replaced. Will have to check with the Service Adviser on this. Is it possible for them to skip this step owing to the condition of the fluids in place?

Had a minor accident today, Right hand side bumper scuffed, paint peeled off, front right quarter panel dent. Will post pics shortly.
Steering and tranmission oil should be changed once in 2 years or 30K KMs. My 4th service had these items replaced and so cost shot up to 10.5K. For 5th service done this Feb, it again came down to 7K.
neoonwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2014, 00:23   #6232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Steering and tranmission oil should be changed once in 2 years or 30K KMs. My 4th service had these items replaced and so cost shot up to 10.5K. For 5th service done this Feb, it again came down to 7K.
Taking back my words. Mr. Arun SA RAMKAY FIAT Perungudi , never informed about the non availability of consumables such as Power Steering Oil, Coolant, Transmission fluid which were due to be replaced during 2nd year 30,000k service. He did not bother to reply me even. i was in a hurry to take delivery and was not in a position to check each action item in the list.

Upon scanning the invoice in more detail and without finding the above mentioned replacements/topups mentioned, i called him up. His one single word of covering up his faults. SORRY.

I was pissed off. Upon further questioning, as to why he did not inform and what if the customer, like i had gone through each action item, had not gone through and left it as it is in the HOPE that SERVICE CENTER's would have taken care every single detail for which we pay them, he was dumb absolutely no answer. Fixed up an appointment and will be taking the vehicle once more to complete the rest of the activities.

This is SHOCKING !!!
Old 6th March 2014, 14:11   #6233
BHPian

Can the shocker (front left side) of Linea be fitted on a Punto?

Just wanted this clarification because it seems like workshop people have taken me for a ride. The part numbers of both the shockers are different.

Please advise.

Cheers!
Irish
Old 18th March 2014, 15:18   #6234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramr9 View Post
This is SHOCKING !!!
I have been to Ramkay Fiat for minor repairs twice and never been impressed with the quality of work or the attention that I got. I stopped going there altogether even though it is 10 minutes away from my office, I travel 45 minutes to get to RDC Fiat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish View Post
Can the shocker (front left side) of Linea be fitted on a Punto?
I don't think so. Do you have the part numbers? I had all the four struts changed on my Punto when I lowered my suspension so I have the pictures of the part numbers somewhere. I will look them up.
The part numbers are also listed here http://www.99rpm.com/fiat/front-susp...ea-1-3mjd.html

Just thought I'd share the recent mileage numbers from a long drive.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-20140314-14.48.00.jpg  

Last edited by Pedaltothefloor : 18th March 2014 at 15:25.
Pedaltothefloor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2014, 10:51   #6235
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

Want to share Another flawless experience with FIAT. After almost 2 months of reminders and follow ups for service from the service center as well as the car showing the Service Reminder i finally took my car to Dhruvil FIAT today. Upon reaching & checking service history we realized that the last time my car was at service center was in July 2012. .

Best part comes now, its a 45k kms PAID service which involves changing most filters & oils. the cost all in all at INR 5300/-. I was shocked. found it pretty damn reasonable considering a fair amount of work is to be done & a few consumables to be changed. Who says Fiat is expensive to maintain and not serviced professionally?

Dhruvil Fiat takes in only ltd no. of cars per day. I called yesterday noon and booked a slot for today. Was attended right away and explained all that will be done on the car.

Regards,
Old 20th March 2014, 12:24   #6236
BHPian

All fluids & filters can not be change for a mere INR 5,300. Do you have the break up?
Old 20th March 2014, 14:37   #6237
Senior - BHPian

I will scan & upload the bill once i get it. Even i am a little confused on the quoted amount. Coming back to office i got thinking and figured out that all consumables changed at 5300 + 1000 for paid service is just not possible.
Old 20th March 2014, 16:06   #6238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedaltothefloor View Post
Just thought I'd share the recent mileage numbers from a long drive.
This is fantastic. How did you achieve this? What was the distance? And average speeds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
I will scan & upload the bill once i get it. Even i am a little confused on the quoted amount. Coming back to office i got thinking and figured out that all consumables changed at 5300 + 1000 for paid service is just not possible.
Wow. This is 'very' reasonable for 45K paid services I must admit. I paid arround 4500 for 15K (2nd Free).
dmplog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2014, 16:39   #6239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
I was charged 9885/- when I had to change all fluids (Gear oil, transmission, Steering oil, coolant, engine oil etc etc) in my 4th service (Paid).
Old 20th March 2014, 16:44   #6240
Senior - BHPian

I am in major confusion now. I will get the car around 6PM today. Let me get the car & the bill and i shall update here accordingly.

Regards,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks