Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2014, 23:25   #6211
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post

Could be either
a) clogged air filter
b) clogged turbo hose. get the hose checked and also the turbine boost.I have easily done speeds in excess of what you have written with relative ease in my 75 bhp punto.
I have already cleaned the airfilter once myself. First service is due shortly. If the performance doesnt improve then I will have second thoughts about driving this car.
Old 24th February 2014, 00:02   #6212
BHPian

Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Hi Guys,
I am planning to buy the punto emotion from Ramkay Fiay Chennai. The final price quote is aroung 7.4lacks. Is this price fine or should I negotiate little more. Any reviews on their artificial leather seat covers?
Old 24th February 2014, 10:29   #6213
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet-tooth View Post
...I am planning to buy the punto emotion from Ramkay Fiay Chennai. The final price quote is aroung 7.4lacks. Is this price fine or should I negotiate little more...

Very little info on the price. How much was the original quote and how much discounts? Have they passed in the duty cut benefit as well? What are the freebies included?

Finally, did you actually pitch this quote with someone else?

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 24th February 2014 at 10:30.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2014, 11:03   #6214
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,
I am planning to buy the punto emotion from Ramkay Fiay Chennai. The final price quote is aroung 7.4lacks. Is this price fine or should I negotiate little more. Any reviews on their artificial leather seat covers?

They had a exchange mela this Sat and Sun. A casual enquiry on phone, the 90 HP model was quoted around 7.8 lac. Fiat was running offers worth up to 1 lac. I guess you should be able to squeeze up to that level.
selvagp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2014, 15:15   #6215
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,
I guess the difference between Dynamic and 90HP packs is around 90K-100K. So you may be able to bargain for 7.2 L but then do not expect any freebies in the mix. So if you are getting reverse parking sensors, mud flaps, floor mats, GPS or Seat covers as part of the package then do not expect more than 10K bargaining leverage over the 7.4 lacks offer that you have.
lurker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2014, 16:12   #6216
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,
I am assuming that you are talking about Regular Punto Emotion diesel version and not Punto 90HP. I think, you may have got a good deal if there are freebies (Insurance, RSA, accessories, Corp Disc) are included in the quote of Rs 7.4L. However, please cross check with other dealer in the town. And please negotiate!!

To put in perspective, I bought my Regular Punto Emotion diesel version in Feb'13 at 7.83L OTR - Pune. This included Free Insurance, 5K worth of accessories. Since then I haven't heard of any price rise by Fiat. Only change possibly is the Excise Duty benefits that were announced rececently in Interim budget,
dmplog is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2014, 08:00   #6217
BHPian

Thanks guys. The quote is inclusive of insurance free, loyalty bonus and CORP discount. Freebies are flour masters, mud flaps and seat cover. Still negotiating for reverse parking sensor. I will update the final offers after i book the car.
Old 25th February 2014, 17:41   #6218
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks guys. The quote is inclusive of insurance free, loyalty bonus and CORP discount. Freebies are flour masters, mud flaps and seat cover. Still negotiating for reverse parking sensor. I will update the final offers after i book the car.
Please update with your booking experience, final on road price, and PDI updates with some clear pictures. Hope you are aware of the pre-requisites for the same as many threads are there on that.

My two cents would be to Look for the "H" in the odo, and get the VIN number from the SA to check the month of manufacture. Look for panel gaps especially in the front left and right bumper edges where the Black plastic meets the body. Mine had a larger gap in left side and got it corrected before delivery.
Old 28th February 2014, 23:56   #6219
BHPian

I have booked the Punto Emotion 2014 model red color. However the Red is not metallic. Will there be any difference, quality wise between a metalic and non metallic paint? Should l anticipate quicker fading or deterioration?
Old 1st March 2014, 20:25   #6220
BHPian

Given my vehicle for the scheduled second year, third free service. Mentioned clearly to do only rudimentary checks as part of the schedule and gave no complaints either on braking, suspension. vehicle has clocked 19100km

Pointers notified for the service:
1. Escalated the rust that i had found on the body where the rear boot meets the main body. They have agreed to fix the same next month by photographing and sending the same to FIAPL to get approval.
2. Showed the door noise to a service adviser and he had taken into account and has promised to give the best resolution possible.
3. Also requested to change right hand side rubber bush in the trunk door which s damaged, along with left side seat wobbling when vehicle is in idle.

I got a approx quote of rs.8500 plus taxes.. Requested balancing also for which ever wheel necessary which was told to be a sticker. Shall update bill and photo graphs of the same once i take delivery
Service Adviser Arun delivered vehicle on the said time after completion of 2 year 3 rd service. He has taken care all action points mentioned in my previous post. Will be uploading the scanned copy of the invoice.

In the mean time happened to put the near empty (~ 12 liters diesel left) vehicle on the weigh bridge. Pl check the pic and conclude on the same. I am not able to believe the car could be 1220kg. That being a 100ton weighbridge with a acceptable error tolerance of 5% still looks slightly on the higher side.
Why should company mention the kerb weight as 1130kg. Is it dry weight without fluids. Would the fluids alone could have contributed to the rest of the weight mentioned in the slip attached to this post. Please confirm once.

Service Adviser Arun delivered vehicle on the said time after completion of 2 year 3 rd service. He has taken care all action points mentioned in my previous post. Will be uploading the scanned copy of the invoice.

In the mean time happened to put the near empty (~ 12 liters diesel left) vehicle on the weigh bridge. Pl check the pic and conclude on the same. I am not able to believe the car could be 1220kg. That being a 100ton weighbridge with a acceptable error tolerance of 5% still looks slightly on the higher side.
Why should company mention the kerb weight as 1130kg. Is it dry weight without fluids. Would the fluids alone could have contributed to the rest of the weight mentioned in the slip attached to this post. car had 12 liters diesel and also had jacky set/ spare wheel. Could that have contributed to the additional weight mentioned here. Please confirm once.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-dscn1395_hi.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-dscn1398_hi.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-dscn1394_hi.jpg  

Last edited by sriramr9 : 1st March 2014 at 20:26.
sriramr9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2014, 20:45   #6221
BHPian

I just got my 2nd year service done at 18,800 KM and it cost me 14,000.

Last edited by Pedaltothefloor : 1st March 2014 at 20:47.
Old 1st March 2014, 22:29   #6222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedaltothefloor View Post
I just got my 2nd year service done at 18,800 KM and it cost me 14,000.
14K Seems like a typo to me! Are you sure?
Please give us the breakup of work done.
HammerHead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2014, 10:27   #6223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
14K Seems like a typo to me! Are you sure?
Please give us the breakup of work done.
I will scan and upload the invoice tomorrow, have uploaded the details in a PDF.
As per the manual, all oils & filters need to be replaced once a year.

I asked about the labour charges & was told these are for things not covered in the free service - like the Brake Disc replacement, Troubleshooting the "Check Engine Warning" and then replacing "MAS" airflow Sensor under warranty. What I find a little weird is that the invoice does not mention "3rd Free Service" anywhere.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Description.pdf (182.3 KB, 776 views)

Last edited by Pedaltothefloor : 2nd March 2014 at 10:31.
Pedaltothefloor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2014, 12:48   #6224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedaltothefloor View Post
I will scan and upload the invoice tomorrow, have uploaded the details in a PDF.
As per the manual, all oils & filters need to be replaced once a year.
Just wondering as to why, power steering oil, coolant and transmission oil was not replaced. Will have to check with the Service Adviser on this. Is it possible for them to skip this step owing to the condition of the fluids in place?

Had a minor accident today, Right hand side bumper scuffed, paint peeled off, front right quarter panel dent. Will post pics shortly.
Old 2nd March 2014, 12:52   #6225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramr9 View Post
Just wondering as to why, power steering oil, coolant and transmission oil was not replaced. Will have to check with the Service Adviser on this. Is it possible for them to skip this step owing to the condition of the fluids in place?

Had a minor accident today, Right hand side bumper scuffed, paint peeled off, front right quarter panel dent. Will post pics shortly.
Some of the fluids need to be changed only once in two years or 16K Km, whichever is earlier.

I go to RDC and I think you get the work done at Ramkay. I find the work ethics of both the dealers to be very different but then different people prefer different things. Horses for courses!

I just picked up my car rom the body shop yesterday, got all minor dents, scratches & scuffs that were gathered over the last 2 years fixed. Cost me 11K.

Last edited by Pedaltothefloor : 2nd March 2014 at 12:53.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks