Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2011, 22:09   #4006
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Guys, are these changes for the 75 hp only or for the 90 hp as well. I have a Jan 2011 90 HP.

Can i get these changes on my car as well, particularly the performance improvement? I guess changing gear ratios wont be possible but if its a simple retuning of the ECU, then i guess it must be possible at the A.S.S.
Still, there is no official confirmation from Fiat that the Punto has been retuned. If this is so, I think the existing ECU can be updated with the new tuning.
Old 11th November 2011, 01:05   #4007
Senior - BHPian

there is no change whatsoever in the ECU tuning or the gear ratios. this is 110% confirmed, from sources inside too.
amit_mechengg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th November 2011, 11:24   #4008
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
there is no change whatsoever in the ECU tuning or the gear ratios. this is 110% confirmed, from sources inside too.
Thanks, feels good to hear that.

Else, I would have wanted to change the gear ratios!
Old 11th November 2011, 12:53   #4009
BHPian

Post edited by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT use more than 2 smilies per post.

We advise you to visit our board rules section before proceeding any further.

Such kind of upgradation would surely come up as a new version on Punto similar to the new swift. It would be nice if Fiat could use the stratergy and come up with a New Grande Punto which covers all the negatives from the market/ service feedback , improve the interiors, work on the weight reduction.
And then we can hear the public say "Is it a bird? Is it a plane? -> No its the New Grande Punto"

Also Fiat should come up with an upgradation pack ( Consisiting up upgrades like, ECU upgrade, Transmission kit, Mounting upgrades, etc.,) for the existing Punto owners. I am sure all the Punto lovers would'nt mind shelling out on the upgrades .

Ok. Time to wake up ! Dreams over .

But Seriously FIAT ! Think about it .

Last edited by GTO : 12th November 2011 at 12:50. Reason: 2 Smileys per post ONLY. Please read the rules...thanks
gp_fanatico is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2011, 17:59   #4010
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gp_fanatico View Post

Ok. Time to wake up ! Dreams over .
Seriously, while I was reading the lines above the one quoted, I was seriously imagining upgradation of my Punto. What to upgrade, how to decide if its worth it, etc.

With the kind of rock solid build of this car coupled with the reallt bad resale value usually Fiat cars have, I don't think anyone would feel like selling it off after, say, 5 years. Provided Fiat stays in India for long and spares are available, I think a Punto can be kept at least for 10 years. In which case, these upgrades will be very advantageous.
Old 15th November 2011, 11:48   #4011
Senior - BHPian

Guys, one small doubt -

Everytime I am sitting in the car with engine off & I want to listen to music (USB), i need to turn the key to 'ignition'/ACC. In OFF position, the USB does not play, only CD or Radio works.

Any solution to this?
Old 15th November 2011, 11:58   #4012
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys, one small doubt -

Everytime I am sitting in the car with engine off & I want to listen to music (USB), i need to turn the key to 'ignition'/ACC. In OFF position, the USB does not play, only CD or Radio works.

Any solution to this?
yes , go to settings, media player and select auto play.

when you are playing media and you turn off the engine and turn the key on, always usb will play.
Old 15th November 2011, 12:11   #4013
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
yes , go to settings, media player and select auto play.

when you are playing media and you turn off the engine and turn the key on, always usb will play.
Autoplay is ON in my car.

What i meant is I cant play songs with the key in OFF position.
Old 15th November 2011, 13:11   #4014
BHPian

Quote:
Autoplay is ON in my car.

What i meant is I cant play songs with the key in OFF position.
AFAIK the 'Auto Play' option is required to detect any connected USB/media automatically. If it is ON it means that when you turn on the key, media player should automatically play if any USB/media is connected.

Ideally, Blue & ME powers up only if the Key is in ON position. which means that neither bluetooth nor USB/media player cannot be accessed with the key in OFF position. Though, the HU [Cd/FM] will work as it is directed to the battery.

There might be chances if the Blue & Me device is also directed to the battery similarly. Technically I am not sure of the possibilities.
Old 15th November 2011, 14:53   #4015
BHPian

Can somebody please confirm with TASS and articulate what exactly has changed in the new Punto (i.e. if at all something has changed) and can it be replicated to older punto's, I would dearly love to have that first gear fixed on my 20K kms young Punto MJD and be able to have quick gear changes without the 'jhatkas' !
Old 15th November 2011, 15:36   #4016
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by better4worse View Post
Can somebody please confirm with TASS and articulate what exactly has changed in the new Punto (i.e. if at all something has changed) and can it be replicated to older punto's, I would dearly love to have that first gear fixed on my 20K kms young Punto MJD and be able to have quick gear changes without the 'jhatkas' !
@better4worse,
If you had looked at post #4007 (just 8 posts prior to your post), you would've found your answer

amit_mechengg has confirmed from his resources that there is no change whatsoever.
Old 15th November 2011, 15:59   #4017
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
@better4worse,
If you had looked at post #4007 (just 8 posts prior to your post), you would've found your answer

amit_mechengg has confirmed from his resources that there is no change whatsoever.
I actually did read amit's post before posting my request, but then again one of us has claimed of a better experience with the Punto and not all of it is cosmetic. More than that I'm really hoping something's changed cause this version of Punto has some areas that need to be improved. Its been 2 yrs since the first punto rolled out and its about time FIAT did something about the discussed pain areas.
Old 15th November 2011, 18:41   #4018
BHPian

A friend contacted a FIAT dealership today @ Lucknow. He was told that the Emotion Pack variant would now come with 175 section tyres, instead of 195. Is this true?
Old 15th November 2011, 22:21   #4019
Senior - BHPian

^^^ How is that possible? even emotion comes with 185 section tyres.
Old 15th November 2011, 22:54   #4020
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipul_singh
A friend contacted a FIAT dealership today @ Lucknow. He was told that the Emotion Pack variant would now come with 175 section tyres, instead of 195. Is this true?
Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004
^^^ How is that possible? even emotion comes with 185 section tyres.
the website doesn't say anything like that though till now. i hope they don't do this because 175 will be too thin and won't be good for the looks or the performance

@raj, emotion now comes with 165 and not 185

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks