Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2009, 08:30   #1171
BHPian

clevermax and parimal, congrats guys on your bold drives. Why don't you start your ownership threads?
Old 11th October 2009, 09:41   #1172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
clevermax and parimal, congrats guys on your bold drives. Why don't you start your ownership threads?

Its not my car as i mentioned its my friends Punto.He is trying to get his teambhp membership.
Old 11th October 2009, 13:59   #1173
BHPian

clevermax, Why don't you paint the grills in chrome and the rear view mirrors in body colour ?
That would make the car more stunning! Wish u safe motoring.
Old 11th October 2009, 15:51   #1174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTX007 View Post
clevermax, Why don't you paint the grills in chrome and the rear view mirrors in body colour ?
That would make the car more stunning! Wish u safe motoring.
Of course mate! I am getting it done probably next week. Wanted to do that along with the delivery, but the color was unavailable.

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-dsc06433.jpg
Old 12th October 2009, 16:38   #1175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
If there is no hidden meaning, I think PIP 1.4 could be the TJ 1,4, and PIP D2 could be 1.3 MJD with VGT.
I would love it if PIP D2 is the Multijet 2 1.3 with VGT. There are already rave reviews coming forth on that particular engine.

But I guess it will take a lot of time for Fiat to introduce Multijet 2 to India. This has just been released in Italy.
Old 12th October 2009, 16:48   #1176
BHPian

PALIO does not seem to age , it still looks great
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-tn_img_3567.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-tn_img_3568.jpg  

Old 12th October 2009, 21:41   #1177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaymugur View Post
PALIO does not seem to age , it still looks great
Oh yes. That's exactly my thought too. I wanted to click few pics of the Punto today, but finally ended up doing this..!

Old 12th October 2009, 22:09   #1178
BHPian

Well,, I got my EP MJD around a month and a half ago. And have completed around 6000km so far. It was my first FIAT ever. Though I did love the palio, everyone persuaded me not to go for one because of FIAT's reputation. Anyways, when the Punto came out I just couldnt resist.

As for the ownership experience, I would say I have'nt got as many glances and stares on any of the other cars I have had so far and that would include cars atleast 5 times more expensive. I have had umpteen people coming up to me and wondering about the car.And so far, I have persuaded 4 people to go for one.

I was told the FIAT experience sucked and I would have agreed if not for an encounter at the TATA FIAT dealership at Kannur. I was on a trip to Mangalore on a Sunday evening when one of my tyres burst ( yes,that is right.But I wouldnt know it was a burst till later ) near Kannur,Kerala. While I was changing my tyre I noticed a strong smell of diesel, which was then traced to a leaky fuel filter. I immediately called up the 24 hour helpline at Kannur and much to my surprise the call was answered.They asked me to bring the car to the workshop since it was in a driveable condition.When I reached there at around 10pm two mechanics were already waiting for me and took care of the car and promptly repaired it in 20 mins and even refused payment citing warranty. These mechanics had travelled 20 km to be there! And that too on a holiday! The entire episode really was an eye opener and it shows that things are changing at FIAT. Agreed that the problem shouldnt have occured, but when it did, they really did make amends. Kudos to the team at Kannur.
Old 13th October 2009, 07:49   #1179
BHPian

Hi Ronin ,

Yes definitely it is a stunner[even in my office people were sceptical when i went for FIAT ,but i guess people are slightly changing their opinion have to wait and watch] and as you stated if Fiat can do such a customer oriented service they can definitely pick up some good numbers in the B+ segment.
Old 13th October 2009, 08:49   #1180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Oh yes. That's exactly my thought too. I wanted to click few pics of the Punto today, but finally ended up doing this..!
thats a lovely picture & a well maintained headlamp.. please post some more pictures, PALIO can still win beauty contests against some new generation cars..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin
Agreed that the problem shouldnt have occured, but when it did, they really did make amends. Kudos to the team at Kannur.
with customers like you showing a lot of dignity in such situations instead of shouting & cribbing... i am sure FIAT will do well, enjoy your punto mate... pl post a separate ownership thread of your PUNTO...
Old 14th October 2009, 18:24   #1181
Senior - BHPian

Can somebody tell me how to decode the chassis number?

Here are the first pics of my Punto
She will be mine in couple of days.
Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-dsc00001.jpg
Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-dsc00002.jpg
PS: sorry for low quality pics

Last edited by SilentEngine : 14th October 2009 at 18:26.
Old 14th October 2009, 18:48   #1182
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
Can somebody tell me how to decode the chassis number?
See for the last three characters in VIN. JPZ refers to September 2009. HPZ - August, GPZ - July, etc. PZ or QZ refers to 2009. A stands for January, B for February, C for March,....M for December. I is omitted since it resembles 1. My Fiat Linea has the code JPZ refering to September 2009. The tyres have 'Sep 09' marking and the headlamp assemblies have stickers stating 'Made by Al Mako Turkiye 20 August 2009 12:00 PM'. These markings confirm that my Fiat Linea is indeed September 2009 make.

Old 14th October 2009, 19:04   #1183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
Here are the first pics of my Punto
She will be mine in couple of days.
Hi, congrats first! I personally like this shade of Punto apart from Black. Somehow, I don't like the red so much, but that's me
Old 14th October 2009, 19:17   #1184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
See for the last three characters in VIN
Thanks Ravi. My car has got HPZ, so it means august 2009, same as what the sales guy told.
Old 14th October 2009, 23:59   #1185
BHPian

Hi folks, my colleague who recently got himself the MJD Punto claims that the underbody scrapes through mid-sized patholes or speed breakers. And that it happens even when there are no rear passengers. How are other owners dealing with this? Anyone else has similar experience in Bangalore's famous ORRs?

(For what it's worth, he switched from Indigo to Punto and has tons of miles of experience)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks