Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2009, 00:06   #571
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amulu10 View Post
sorry for posting the same question in 2 threads but i need this info urgently.
where can i find the VIN or chassis number in the grande punto .? help seriously needed , i searched every where but couldn't find!

Check inside the stepny wheel well..
Old 5th July 2009, 02:53   #572
Senior - BHPian

I just found out that the alloy that Fiat Grande Punto uses is based off Ferrari's Challenge Stradale type's alloy wheels!!

The first pic is the Fiat Punto's alloy

In the second pic, u see a Ferrari Challenge Stradale type alloy - Ferrari Challenge Stradale Wheels and Rims (3rd pic in the link)
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-fiat_grandepunto9.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-wheel11.jpg  

Last edited by sohail99 : 5th July 2009 at 02:55.
Old 5th July 2009, 07:11   #573
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
I just found out that the alloy that Fiat Grande Punto uses is based off Ferrari's Challenge Stradale type's alloy wheels!!
Shocking news indeed!
Now if only they'd give us decent engines like the ferrari. Or like Maruti/honda/ford/hyundai

Last edited by rippergeo : 5th July 2009 at 07:13.

Old 5th July 2009, 10:10   #574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
My Palio had air control vents in the middle and sides. SX4, like the Punto, doesn't have them anywhere.
Just noticed (in the diesel version preview at motorbeam) that i20 has the air control for the middle vents too.

May be this is an optional requirement for the designers of interiors (in a car), these days

Last edited by pmbabu : 5th July 2009 at 10:13.
Old 5th July 2009, 16:45   #575
Senior - BHPian

After the pathetic experience at concorde motors dairy circle, i visited prerana motors today and was pleasantly surprised by the good reception provided by them.The sales manager himself was present and he gave me all the information about the car.and a long test drive too.Anyone looking to book/test drive should give them a visit.He even promised to send the car for another test drive tomorrow at my office.I am impressed

concorde is a 100% subsidiary of tata motors , thats why the pathetic govt office like behavior.Fiat should stop retailing cars from concorde showrooms before its too late.
Old 5th July 2009, 17:37   #576
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessie007 View Post
Hey - I've compiled a list of all cars (priced below 25 lakhs or nearabout) with their wheelbase, rear seat legroom (min/max) and boot space to give a general idea about the amount of space inside each car. Collated data from the web and mags. Was waiting for specs for GP and Jazz to upload the entire report. Please find attached a sample of A and B/B+ segments, wherein one can compare the space inside the GP relative to other hatchbacks.
Good sheet. Not sure how can the unit be in inches. 56 inches is a hell lot inside a car! Must be cms ?
Old 5th July 2009, 19:32   #577
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
After the pathetic experience at concorde motors dairy circle.....Fiat should stop retailing cars from concorde showrooms before its too late.
I went to Concorde today for a TD of punto with my cousine brother. Inspite of the crowd around the showroom, I got a TD within 20 mts of waiting. My preference was Petrol high end. After cancelling my fiesta booking (due to the dealer delay of delivery and no gurantee on date further) and having taken TD of i20 and Verna 2 weeks back, I entered Punto with too much of expectation and with a mind of booking right away with the initial impression.

Very sad to give my comments here:

1)I felt the steering too heavy, 2) 2nd gear having an 'attitude' to work each time I approched a speed breaker, 3) door plastics being sub-standard (my wagonR had better plastics and finishing !), 4) marks of glue both on showroom display car and TD car on the window glasses and few other places, 5)door handle looked like handmade without smoothening the edges, 6)door plastic cover inside the car looked like it could come off any moment, I tried to push and it was already moving around and sounded hollow and the rest I really forget.

My plan was to take a 4 km round myself and ask my cousine to do the same so that I could sit behind and feel the rear seat. Half way itself I told him, dont waste time, lets get back to showroom and clear the place. He didnt want to drive because he was too much concerned about the interior fit and finish (you are paying 6.71 for this quality and its not lottery money!). For the record, he owns an Innova and Omni, had a Lancer and few other sedans in the past.

Now my only hope is to get back to i20 and do another TD tomorow. I really really wish if they put atleast a 1.4 engine inside.

Last edited by shajufx : 5th July 2009 at 19:36.
Old 5th July 2009, 19:58   #578
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post

Now my only hope is to get back to i20 and do another TD tomorow. I really really wish if they put atleast a 1.4 engine inside.
Check out the i20 launch thread. I saw someone write about 1.4 engine too. The CRDi is surely going to be launched on 7th July.

All - sorry for the
Old 5th July 2009, 20:31   #579
BHPian

Quote:
After the pathetic experience at concorde motors dairy circle, i visited prerana motors today and was pleasantly surprised by the good reception provided by them.The sales manager himself was present and he gave me all the information about the car.and a long test drive too.Anyone looking to book/test drive should give them a visit.He even promised to send the car for another test drive tomorrow at my office.I am impressed

concorde is a 100% subsidiary of tata motors , thats why the pathetic govt office like behavior.Fiat should stop retailing cars from concorde showrooms before its too late.
I absolutely agree that... Concorde showroom guys are pathetic, they dont wanna sell any car, wonder if they chase away people who r gonna buy cars like this, then how good their A.S.S will be!!
Old 5th July 2009, 23:18   #580
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I agree with you, both the Concorde motors showrooms in bangalore are not interested in making new business. During both the visits, nobody even bothered to ask me why i went there.
Surprisingly, yesterday i got a call from Prerana motors asking if i am interested in Punto (must be because i had registered for TD in punto website 2 weeks back). So I will try Prerana motors sometime soon.
Old 5th July 2009, 23:43   #581
Senior - BHPian

Has any one driven the 1.2 GP ? I know it wont be a stunner but still would like to know how it drives and the expect fuel economy it offers.
Old 6th July 2009, 09:45   #582
BHPian

With the I20 CRDI about to be launched any day now, its gonna be a tough choice between the two.

Looks wise the Punto wins hands down but the I20 may just turn out to be a better package overall. We'll just have to wait and see.

BTW, I read somewhere that I20 CRDI launch is tomorrow. Is that true?
Old 6th July 2009, 10:01   #583
BHPian

Quote:
+1 to that. I had followed up multiple times with Concorde,diary circle but their response was pathetic. Prerana, on the other hand provided a good buyer experience. The sales folks were very courteous and always willing to put in some effort to find answers, even though they did not know a few things off the bat. Concorde bandy their "We are 100% subsidiary, and prerana is not, they are just another...." a lot but their behaviour certainly doesnt reflect their speech. What a loss for tata/fiat.good products that are let down by sales folks that carry a lackadaisical attitude.
Old 6th July 2009, 10:42   #584
Senior - BHPian

I agree on the above statements about concorde and prerana way of customer handling. I had gone to Prerana first on Lalbagh road, sadly there was no TD given on sunday. But we went to the 1st floor where punto and linea were displayed. The person incharge sounded very professional and energetic to answer our doubts and clarifications. Since the TD was my top prority, we left for concorde.

At concorde the only person spoke to me was the lady at the reception. That was to write my name and mobile number on a sheet of paper that could be the TD list. I found few sales guys running around, but most of them looked too busy with themselves. There was atleast a crowd of around 30-40 people in the showroom, but 'potential customers' were talking to each other than to the sales guys. Looked very weird. Even another visitor guy jumped into my Petrol TD car (with permission) who was waiting for a diesel TD, I am sure he also left the showroom after my TD without waiting for his turn. Now I realise the situation. It was like 'take it or leave it' attitude.

Last edited by shajufx : 6th July 2009 at 10:44.
Old 6th July 2009, 10:47   #585
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post

Shaju, the i20 1.4 and crdi is being launched tomorrow. I suggest you give it a try too.

Most Viewed