Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2009, 21:10   #676
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
no doc, its merely an 'illusion' that the car is slow. just like the rear seat 'seems' to be cramped. And the plastics 'look' cheap, and how the dead pedal position 'feels like' its designed by a person with one leg and more.
I have to say that I burst out laughing at reading this! as I did for the tifosi comment yesterday, totally
Old 13th July 2009, 21:35   #677
BHPian

Calling all Bangalore Puntos.

I drive 45kms daily in Bangalore but haven't spotted a single Punto on road . Where are you guys? Are all the Puntos busy cruising on highways?
Old 13th July 2009, 22:10   #678
Senior - BHPian

Just dont understand why all FIAT related threads ultimately turn into boring sarcastic "bashing" threads. When will we understand that every car has goods and bads and thats the reason for each ones existence.

Would the real test drive reports continue..PLEASE. guys. Dont force the mods to jump in to close this one too.
Old 13th July 2009, 22:25   #679
BHPian

Some 25 years ago the word CAR was associated with either a FIAT or an AMBY. Now it's a totally different ball game.

Just look at the barrage of variants the Punto and Linea offers. It's at par with any variant a Maruti Zen or a Swift or an SX4 is available.

I can say the Punto has certainly carried a tough tussle to the big boys.

On a side note I was offered 21 grands worth of corporate discounts on the Linea. The Japs and Germans are way to far from letting a single buck go into the consumers pocket.

I have no disrespect for the Germans - They make one of the most solid cars we can ever drive. Japs got their own niche in quality and tech phobia that increases with every upcoming model.

Find me a great German/Jap 3 box car that cost around 8 lacs and I will buy it

Here's where the Italians whip the cream...I think they've done a great job. Ofcourse they're all here to make the big bucks. It works well when a manufacture can control and offer the best deals to the 'BUDGET' oriented Indian folks ...

Old 13th July 2009, 23:18   #680
BHPian

I'm certainly not a Punto owner. But albeit, Punto and Linea share the same chassis with the same engine tech specs. Here's how I got my Fiat.
  1. If getting a FIAT from B.U Bhandari, Pune opt for a vehicle loan from SBI. 8% IR for the first year and 10% IR for the next two years. Loads of documents are required. If you have closed an existing loan recently make sure you carry the re-payment history of that loan account. SBI has internal scoring apart from CIBIL. Never provide your passport as ID Proof for any bank related procedures. For more on bank related advice please refer to Team-BHP - The Definitive Indian Car Community - On Buying - How to get the lowest EMI & the best Finance Deal
  2. Bargain (if possible in Marathi ) for free body coats + mats + mud flaps + everything else that's on display. (You'd get away with most of it). Sales people are bland and will refuse any discounts or freebies on the Punto to start with. You need to be extremly pursuasive and beat to your point down into their guts.
  3. To avail corporate offers make sure you have a signed letter from the HR that certifies your current and permanent address, date of joining and employee ID along with a scan/xerox of your ID card.
  4. Book the car on or after 10th of the month. Expect a two week delivery period. If you get the car after the 20th, your EMI will be scheduled to be withdrawn the month after. For eg: 10th July you booked your car. You get the car on 23rd July, your EMI will be withdrawn the month after i.e September. I don't know if this works, this is what I was told by the finance agent. I will check it out soon
  5. From 6th July the prices of all FIATs have increased. Please ask for the latest charge sheet.
  6. 6. Do a thorough pre-delivery check. If you are not sure what to check for please refer to Team-BHP - The Definitive Indian Car Community - On Buying - Pre-delivery Inspection & Check List
Old 14th July 2009, 10:42   #681
BHPian

Hello,
I'm or was a pretty inert member here until i read the punto review..

Actually it was the punto on tv which made me come here...

Ne ways i'm under process of booking a exotica red 1.4 emotion pack. Got some small minor changes planned to make it stand out..

Any ways back to topic, i'm planning to make a booking with Wasan motors Chembur, mumbai. The dealer (sales guy) is not offering me anything, i mean not even floor mats.. (he could throw in linea's as they are almost similar??)

So a question to members who already got their punto / already booked: Did you get any extra benifits (freebies) from the dealer??

Oh and a question to experts is it possible to get the sunglasses case factory fitted above the driver (like in linea, i dont mind paying a little bit extra for that)?? if not then how much would they cost out side??

I drove the 1.4 emotion with braking aid's (demo car) and it made those indica type brake noise but just a fraction.. I also asked the sales guy that i wanted to hear the buzzer sound from the Emotion Pack, He had a diesel demo in that variant, but sadly his buzzer simply didnt work.. Since then i'm having doubts to go ahead with wasan's deal..

Oh and one more thing, Both the "demo" cars have their speedo disconnected.. so any one booked a exotica red multijet emotion Pack or a minimal grey 1.4 Emotion expecting a delivery in this week at wasan chembur just a caution... i wont want any of those to be mine..

Amazing detailed review GTO!!

Thanx!

Last edited by GTO : 14th July 2009 at 13:24. Reason: Strictly no more than two smilies per post please
Old 14th July 2009, 11:41   #682
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
Calling all Bangalore Puntos.

I drive 45kms daily in Bangalore but haven't spotted a single Punto on road . Where are you guys? Are all the Puntos busy cruising on highways?
Me too till today morning. I saw a black Punto Active on outer ring road near Advaith Hyundai Showroom. Any BHPian's?
Old 14th July 2009, 11:49   #683
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC_aashay View Post
Any ways back to topic, i'm planning to make a booking with Wasan motors Chembur, mumbai.
I honestly feel you should avoid Wasan Chembur. They seem totally disinterested in selling anything. I called them to enquire about the Punto and I was connected to a salesguy who spoke to me for 3 seconds then asked me to wait. He then started talking to someone in his dealership for almost a minute! Back with me, he told me that he will call me back in 10 minutes. Those 10 minutes are still not over. The next day I called back and was connected to some other salesguy who said the same thing: "I will call you back in 10 minutes." Again the 10 minutes are still not over. Almost a week later I got a call from some woman there asking what I had decided. I told her I would decide if I get to talk to someone. She told me someone will call me in 10 minutes. Yea, you guessed it right. I am still waiting. It's their loss though. Let them live in their dream world because they lost a sale.
Old 14th July 2009, 12:48   #684

"Also, koreans are one of the few people to treat India well by introducing and debuting their best cars here."

The above is from rganeshiyer' post.

I must add, they (Hyundai) know that they can sell the newer model with a new name (Verna) and older model (Accent) side by side. It is not possible in other markets. Hyundai is not alone. Mitsubishi does the same, Lancer and Cedia, Pajero and Montero.

Honda can take credit in India for introducing the latest model.
Old 14th July 2009, 13:11   #685
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
I honestly feel you should avoid Wasan Chembur. They seem totally disinterested...
So true, i called them twice but no initiative from their side.. but since its closer to my house i thought i'll walk in there..

So that leaves me with fortune, powai..? or do we have any more fiat dealer's left???
Old 14th July 2009, 13:28   #686
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by inreverse View Post
but I think Fiat on a whole gave a good though to what the profit would be if sales didn't rise.
Brilliant point, and one that's probably true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rganeshiyer View Post
Fiat is great in it's own way but they can learn a lot a lot from the japs,koreans and germans anyday !
Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Just one correction here.... Euro and Italian or German are all the same... they are all classified as 'Euro' cars. So its Euro Vs Jap Vs Koreans! :P
Sorta similar discussion

Quote:
Any ways back to topic, i'm planning to make a booking with Wasan motors Chembur, mumbai.
I would not trust those Wasan chors with a barge pole. Got my Jeep delivered through Wasan (they had a Mahindra franchise at the time). At the first service, they replaced my imported "Fiat" branded ignition assembly with a locally made example. I brought the house down and got my original ignition back. My family has had terrible problems with them as well (for their Indigo). The management is the same as always was. As the saying goes, once a thief, always a thief.

Also, don't expect too many discounts / freebies on freshly launched cars (of any brand).
Old 14th July 2009, 13:39   #687
BHPian

I had a similar experience with Arya Honda. I'm still awaiting their revert for the TD of Jazz. I've followed up 5 times.
Old 14th July 2009, 13:52   #688
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So that leaves me with fortune, powai..? or do we have any more fiat dealer's left???
See Paresh Salaskar in Fortune Powai. He is enthusiastic about the products he is selling and extremely knowledgeable too.

The other alternative is Fortune, Nerul. I bought my car from there. Pretty laidback staff, you have to push them for everything. Go to the Nerul outlet if it's easier for you to take delivery from there and if you know everything about the car you are buying.
Old 14th July 2009, 14:06   #689
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Terrain View Post
"Also, koreans are one of the few people to treat India well by introducing and debuting their best cars here."

Honda can take credit in India for introducing the latest model.
Hyundai never debuted their best cars here. Though they did not delay launching i10 & i20 (which are not their only best cars). The Getz, Elantra & Sonata came to India quite late, the New Elantra, Azera & Santa Fe never came. Hyundai was never successful above the C segment despite their SS network.

Also, India has become a major hub for Hyundai & majority of their sales are in Asian countries, unlike that of Fiat, GM, Ford or even Honda.

Honda Jazz has also come quite late to India.

It was the Swift that had the earliest Indian launch after the world debut. It was this move by Maruti that prompted other manufacturers to follow suit.

Today most of the companies are launching their Global models here.
Old 14th July 2009, 14:07   #690
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
See Paresh Salaskar in Fortune Powai. He is enthusiastic about the products he is selling and extremely knowledgeable too.

The other alternative is Fortune, Nerul. I bought my car from there. Pretty laidback staff, you have to push them for everything. Go to the Nerul outlet if it's easier for you to take delivery from there and if you know everything about the car you are buying.
It is pretty much a very similar case in Bangalore as well. I have a feeling that all dealerships (not just Tata/ Fiat) come under a lot of pressure when a new car is released. The number of non-serious inquiries become a pain to handle. I can vouch for this with the number of test drives I did when I was in college!

So, when anyone goes in to buy a new release, it would be best to demonstrate seriousness (I dont know how!) for better responsiveness from the sales guys.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks