Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2009, 11:32   #556
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Its surprising that Air Volume control is not available in such high-end cars.
Most of the earlier cars in B, B+ & entry-level C seg - used to have Air Volume Control
I could be wrong, but I always thought only the airvents in the sides had air volume control, not the middle ones.
Old 4th July 2009, 11:38   #557
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmbabu View Post
I could be wrong, but I always thought only the airvents in the sides had air volume control, not the middle ones.
You're right. Thats the case in some cars
However, some other cars have air volume control for central vents also (some even have volume control for a part of central vents & having the other part of central vent fixed without air control e.g. Ford Ikon)
Old 4th July 2009, 11:49   #558
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmbabu View Post
My Palio had air control vents in the middle and sides. SX4, like the Punto, doesn't have them anywhere.
Old 4th July 2009, 12:09   #559
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Fevi Bond.

Its Rubber-based adhesive, does not spoil both the surfaces (Logo & car body) & does not leave any layer/ plasticy layer
Thanks VP , I was thinking of Fevi Bond too!
Old 4th July 2009, 12:22   #560
BHPian

I have hardly ever used the air control for the vents. Also, if you have Auto AC, it doesnt matter much.
Old 4th July 2009, 12:57   #561
BHPian

Are you guys taking about the feature to control the amount of air that comes through each vents. In Punto if you do not want air to come through a particular vent it can be closed. This feature is there in all the vents. It is integrated in the same control which is used to control the direction of air flow. I have confirmed it in my car.
Old 4th July 2009, 14:16   #562
Senior - BHPian

Slightly off topic here n the question im just about to pop out mighteven be silly ,i duno but yet im asking as im curious. I saw the '+' & '-' buttons along side the menu button on the dashboard to adjust the intensity of the light on the display. I was wondering , does it have anything to do with the heating up of the dashboard ??? Forgive me if this is a stupid question but im asking because, something like this happened in a friends Honda Civic. As some of you might know The Civic has the same display light intensity adjust buttons. On 1 of our many Mumbai - Pune night trips - he had kept the display lights intensity on full all along the journey and when we stopped for fuel the dashboard was super HOT ! & strangely this had never happend before besides which, he had never even kept the display intensity on maximum. This got me thinking and hence the question.
Old 4th July 2009, 15:18   #563
BHPian

I guess its natural that if you have the lights in the dash at max, it would get hot.

But generally its too much glare, I keep it at 50% only. So never noticed if it gets hot.
Old 4th July 2009, 15:20   #564
Senior - BHPian

I keep the light intensity on i think the second or 3rd level, there are 5-6 dots to indicate. At full, its too bright for any normal soul to drive, it gives too much distraction.
Old 4th July 2009, 16:26   #565
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
We intend to release a minimum / maximum legroom statistic for each car soon. However, even with the front seat set for an average Indian male height of 5'9", the rear space was not in the league of the Indica, Indica Vista or Getz. I have a feeling even the old Palio is more spacious.
Hey - I've compiled a list of all cars (priced below 25 lakhs or nearabout) with their wheelbase, rear seat legroom (min/max) and boot space to give a general idea about the amount of space inside each car. Collated data from the web and mags. Was waiting for specs for GP and Jazz to upload the entire report. Please find attached a sample of A and B/B+ segments, wherein one can compare the space inside the GP relative to other hatchbacks.
Attached Files
File Type: xls Space1.xls (18.5 KB, 552 views)

Last edited by khan_sultan : 4th July 2009 at 16:42.
Old 4th July 2009, 16:50   #566
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessie007 View Post
... Please find attached a sample of A and B/B+ segments, wherein one can compare the space inside the GP relative to other hatchbacks.
Nice effort there jessie. GP falls in the middle of the rear legroom availability. Not the best and not the worst.

But I never though that the i20 was so cramped. Looks like it has the LEAST rear legroom available out there.

Also, have attached your excel as a picture.

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-space.jpg
Old 4th July 2009, 17:00   #567
Team-BHP Support

I think there's something wrong in the i20 figure. The i20 definitely has more legroom than my Alto and the A-star. No ways it is that less.
Old 4th July 2009, 17:01   #568
BHPian

@khan_sultan
Thanks for putting up the specs as an image - more people tend to read it this way. For a clearer picture of space in the GP, check my post on page 31 (post #457). In addition to the front legroom, i've compared the total and average legroom as well w.r.t. to the immediate competition.

Just realised my last post was my 100th post

Last edited by jessie007 : 4th July 2009 at 17:14.
Old 4th July 2009, 18:58   #569
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Jessie, that's a heck of a statistical report. Thanks for sharing.

See : That's exactly what I meant in my TD report. The Punto simply doesn't have the space you'd expect from a large hatch. But then, the Italians weren't ever known for their packaging skills. From the sheet provided, the Punto is bang on with the Ritz in terms of available legroom at the rear.

P.S. I've also copied your post to a new thread here.

Last edited by GTO : 4th July 2009 at 19:01. Reason: Adding Link
Old 4th July 2009, 23:51   #570
BHPian

sorry for posting the same question in 2 threads but i need this info urgently.
where can i find the VIN or chassis number in the grande punto .? help seriously needed , i searched every where but couldn't find!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks